This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2011 1:04 PM by jennamc77 RSS

Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?

ScottyRod Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Ever Since My LG Optimus S Had A System Update , I Can't Use My Phone Correctly !!!!

Do ANY of YOU know if I can get out of my contract or at least am I able to get a totally FREE new cell phone from Sprint

because of this New System Update ?

I can't upload my pics (or even contect my phone to my PC) , I can't text or use the dialpad because it double clicks letters & numbers,

Some of my Apps do NOT work , The actual look or color scheme is hideous( not a malfuction , but EXTREMELY bothersome), Camera

& Video functions do NOT work correctly, phone shuts down or freezes randomly (like when I'm on a detramental call with my boss & the

call is interupted....the phone freezes & takes 10 minutes to reload & my Boss is almost ready to fire me, cuz he thought I hung up rudely on him....

not to mention that I my Boss was explaining something VERY important & I NEEDED to know what he was telling me.. ASAP !!!), etc.etc.etc.

I literaly could go on & on.. When I talked to Sprint CS.. they had me reset my phone which did NOTHING !!!!!!

I'm praying someone........ ANYONE can SAVE ME !!!!!

I shopped around & found that T-Moble has better prices, Better Coverage, Better phones, An HONEST cell phone upgrade plan... etc.etc.etc Once again I

could go on & on & on.. about how T-Moble is BETTER then Sprint.

I'll have to wait another few months until I can rationalize paying the $100 ETF.. But, if I can get out of this Sprint Jail cell from **** NOW, then I'd be in emotional

debt to YOU forever !!!

They ONLY way Sprint can salvage this relationship & make tens of THOUSANDS of dollars from my Wife & I .... like AT&T did... then :

(1) Sprint can give me & my Wife , NEW cell phones of our Choice (more expensive phones should have a major discount)

(2) Sprint should AT LEAST consider lowering its fees & create benefits for their long term customers(I have NOTHING to look forward to for staying longer)

(3) Acknowledge their NEW system Update is NOT GOOD & make their customer service agents FRIENDLIER & aware or the new system update FAILURE !!!

(4) Give customers the option of  UNINSTALLING the new system update or ANY system update.

(5) reconstruct the current update structure which ONLY allows customers to upgrade phones for a miniscule percentage off after 11 months & a larger yet STILL miniscule percentage after TWO ENTIRE YEARS !!!! (ARE YOU KIDDEN ME ??????)

(6) Simpley say 'SORRY' !!! I can't believe that NOT ONE SINGLE CS AGENT COULD APOLOGIZE FOR THEIR OWN PROBLEM !!! I've been treated like I dove in a pool with my cell phone in MY pocket or through my cell phone off the Prudential Building in Boston... UNBELIEVABLE !!! This is NOT MY fault !!!! I didn't write the system update code & NOBODY warned or INFORMED me about the new system update FAILURES or problems.. !!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   HELP   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1. Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    Valued Member

All you can do is call and ask. I've tried to cancel due to a similar issue (update broke my Samsung Moment) and all I got was a firm "NO"

• 2. Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    4Renes Newbie

Try taking your phone in to your local sprint store and see if they can replace it.  Sounds like manufacturer issue.

• 3. Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    SP_JoseNunez Expert

Hi ScottyRod

This is JoseNunez with the Sprint Premier Team. I am sorry to hear that you are not having a good experience with your LG Optimus S after the Operating System update.  It can be very irritating when your device is not working properly. Most of the reported issues after the update have been resolved with some workarounds.  There are others issues that Sprint and LG are still working on and as soon as they find a resolution, they will communicate on the LG Optimus forum. 

For uploading and downloading  picture using your PC issue, you will need to install the drivers again on your PC. When I bought my phone, I had to download it from the LG website. Here is a link:  http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

Then, click on Mobile Drivers; Select the device model (Sprint LGALS670.zip package- which is the Sprint Android Drivers for XP, Vista and Win7).

For the “Some of my Apps do NOT work” you may need to go to the android market and update them. If this doesn’t correct them, you may want to contact the Application developer so that they can make any updates on their apps.

For the “can’t text and use dial pad”, “Camera and Video functions do NOT work correctly, phone shuts down or freezes randomly.” It is recommended to factory reset your device after this OS update (please remember to back up your contacts, applications, etc).

Factory reset steps:   

1. From the main home screen, select Menu

2. Select Settings, then select Privacy

3. Select Factory Data Reset

4. Select Reset phone

5. Enter the password if prompted, and select Erase Everything

If the device is frozen, follow these steps:

1. Remove and reinsert the battery

2. The device will power on

3. Hold Volume down, Home, and Power buttons until the reset screen appears

4. Select wipe data/factory reset (using volume down) and press Menu

5. Select Yes and press Menu  

We apologize for any inconvenience that the update on the OS is causing you. We have not left you alone on this issue. Sprint is working with LG to resolve all the reported issues. We really appreciate your patience while working through these issues.

Sincerely,

Jose

• 4. Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    chedore Regular Visitor

I am also shocked by the lack of response from Sprint.  I use my phone for work and I must be in contact with the office at all times day or night.  I have had to start giving other peoples phone numbers to my co-workers so they can reach me if necessary because my phone simply does not work. 

The level of inconveneince that this has caused is quite high.  My wife also has this phone, what is she were in an emergency situation and her phone didn't work becuase of Sprint's ***** up?  This is truly outrageous.

• 5. Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello chedore, you may want to view this Thread, it details how you may revert software from 2.3 back to 2.2.

• 6. Re: Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    Regular Visitor

Sprint has screwed many people, may different ways.  I will be cancelling tomorrow when I speak to the corporate office about the arrogant little man I spoke to in retentions.  All I wanted was my one year phone upgrade that they decided to remove without sending out a letter...from Sprint "It was on the 2nd page of your bill in April"  Well excuuuuuuse me for not check the 2nd page of my online Sprint bill looking for CONTRACT changes.  Oh wait, according to the little man in retentions, the one year phone upgrade was a gift, not part of the contact.  Sprint, I'm done with your games and I hope others follow suit.  I will no longer sell or recommend Sprint at my job.....oh didnt I mention??  I sell mobile contracts from sprint, verizon and AT&T.  Well, Verizon and AT&T now....

Note: Despite your being upset, please refrain from namecalling.  Thanks, -art

Message was edited by: SP_ARTLOVESKC

• 7. Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    scf48 Expert

Are you still under contract?  Good luck convincing them not to charge you an ETF.  Let me know if it works... I'll be curious to hear.

• 8. Re: Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    BENNY484 Valued Member

Guys whats the fuss about, i have to 2 optimus and i have no problem at all. Software updates are better for the phone and service, if you hate upgrade you should better stayed with your old phone. If something went wrong there will be another update to fix it or go the sprint store they will take care everything. If you switching to T-mobile its the worst i say in call quality and customer service, so no one is perfect. Please stop the **** about att and verizon they are not perfect either.

• 9. Re: Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    zipless Regular Visitor

There are two alternatives for us, as I see it.  One, we can switch to T-Mobile and get the same lousy customer service, but for $100 a month for two lines instead of $120 (after discount).  As long as you don't d/l more than 2gB a month from T-Mobile, you are fine. With the lousy 3G speeds here, you'd have to be d/l-ing 24 hours a day all month to download 2gB!  You can take Sprint to small claims court and sue them for the termination fee that they will charge you.  You might also throw in things like mileage to and from Sprint stores, etc, and of course, court costs.  I would also add in the current value of the phone (about $100 on eBay).  It's the same as if someone took your phone from you and smashed it with a baseball bat--you sue them for damage and you win.  They also failed to provide the service specified in the contract, therefore they broke the contract, and cannot charge you a termination fee. 

The second alternative is a class-action suit against Sprint.  Please contact me if you are interested in joining the suit.

Ken

Note: Please don't put personal information like email addresses in this public forum.  Thanks, -art

Message was edited by: SP_ARTLOVESKC

• 10. Can I Get Out Of My Contract Now, Cuz Of The System Update That Has Hindered My Service ?
    jennamc77 Regular Visitor

If you have tried everything else will Sprint with no solution you should email Dan@sprint.com they are working on getting everyone's phones repaired or replaced due to this corrupt update. After my phone was replaced I have been very happy with it's preformance as I was before this corrupt update! Good Luck to you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points