This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2012 1:12 PM by RC1024 RSS

Airave with AT&T U-verse?

_SteinFamily3 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I recently got the airave from sprint and set it up with my Linksys with zero issues at all. My girlfriends parents heard that I had recieved one and wish to get one themselves, so they went to the sprint store and the tech there told them it was impossible with U-verse (3800HGV-B). I, after setting mine up, and confused as to how it could  be "impossible" but I'm not sure how to go about doing it, although I did indeed search.

Available ports are as follows:

AUX Line*

Lines 1&2 (in use)*

Phone Line (in use)*

Broadband

Local Ethernet 1-4)

USB-PC

Cable Line(coaxial cable)

* Uses Phone Jack

@ any rate, they wish to set it up so any help would be appreciated greatly. I'm not tech challenged, but not tech advanced, so keep that in mind. Haha

Thanks,

Carl

• 1. Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    trangers77 Sprint Employee

Plug one end of the ethernet cable that comes with the Airave into any of the LAN ports then plug the other end of the ethernet cable into the WAN port. Let me know how it goes.

• 2. Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    dezmo907 Regular Visitor

I have ATT U-verse also but my 3 LAN ports on my ATT Gateway box are used for other network connections as I have my house wired.  Some go to 2 different Netgear ethernet switches so i can connect more devices.  I tried connecting the Airwave to the Netgear box but the lights just flash and i cannot connect to the modem from my computer (192.168.17.1) either.

Thoughts?

• 3. Airave with AT&T U-verse?

Hey, thank you for the reply. I'm glad you relied so quickly, I simply have just not had the time to try this yet. I will let you know if it does indeed work. I've been so busy and just forget to bring the airave to the girlfriends parents home.

Carl

• 4. Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

The best choice would be to connect the airave's WAN port to the first available LAN port on your U-Verse modem, then connect the netgear switch to LAN 1 on the airave AP, you may also consider which devices in your home may benefit from adding wireless, A desktop computer often has an available PCI slot, or a usb port which would allow to to add wireless. To manage airave settings (192.168.17.1) you have to be using a computer connected to LAN 1 or LAN 2 on the airave.

• 5. Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Carl, I've worked with several people using ATT U-Verse, it has been easy to setup, make sure you connect the airave's WAN port to an Ethernet port, and not the U-Verse's WAN port.

• 6. Airave with AT&T U-verse?

Well, I guess my concern stems from the airave needing to go first in line if you will, after the modem, but before the wireless roter. The uverse is unusual to me. I'll try it perhaps Wednesday and get back to everyone.

Thanks

• 7. Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Yeah, I can understand, I would suggest connecting airave to first ethernet port, and if a separate router is envolved then I would connect it to the second ethernet port, if not to the airave's LAN 1

• 8. Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    dezmo907 Regular Visitor

Thanks for the help. I connected the Airwave WAN to the U-verse Gateway LAN port and now have 3 solid green lights (Mobile, GPS and Broadband).

The Airwave manual was not clear on how to use it with my Sprint cell phone but I made a call and heard the 3 beeps on my cell that I guess indicates it is using the Airwave (though this reference was not in the "Usng your Airwave" section.  Seems I have more bars on the phone too.  I read the GPS lock is to restrict calls to USA only and that calls started on Airwave will transfer to the Sprint network but not the other way around.  Seems pretty kewl even though I still not sure how it works

• 9. Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

I'm glad it works, you may also login to my sprint > my preferences to adjust signal strength, and to restrict usage (like if you have alot of neighbors that use sprint)

• 10. Re: Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    dezmo907 Regular Visitor

Thanks...

I wonder if I need enter my Zip code there as it seems to already work fine?

I see 1 option for" Range Settings"  where none are checked off:

Airave Sml Rng Provision Ph2

Airave Med Rng Provision Ph2

Airave Lrg Rng Provision Ph2

There is nothing to explain what these mean and why none is checked off yet.  I assume it boosts home coverage (from other threads I read) but wonder why nothing was checked off.  I assume it will not affect my billing -- even though this is free from Sprint.

• 11. Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    Sprint Employee

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/77438

Here is what you need to do with the range settings.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 12. Airave with AT&T U-verse?

Hey, I just noticed this post. this is what I was concerned about. I knew since it is inline after the wireless router (the uverse is wireless) that it would need to be allowed or somehow given the password. So Can I simply do this over the protected wifi via my laptop? I assume so but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm trying to set it up today!

• 13. Airave with AT&T U-verse?
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

There is no password that you would need to enter, it does not connect via wifi, you will connect the WAN port of the Airave to one of the LAN ports on your U-Verse modem.

• 14. Airave with AT&T U-verse?

Ok. I plugged in to the wan on the airave and to the ethernet port on the 2wire u verse junk box. For an hour it is solid green in the broadband light, flashing in the other 3

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points