8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2011 9:44 PM by sheenwhit84 RSS

iPhone 4 only 8GB???

Schuyler31 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Just wondering if anyone can tell me why all of a sudden the iPhone 4 is only available in 8GB? This makes no sense at all considering the fact that before the release of the 4S a 8GB version of the 4 didn't even exist, and now that's all you can get ***? Plus who in they're right mind would spend 99 dollars on a 8GB iPhone 4 when for a hundred dollars more you can get a 16GB 4S with a dual core processor and Siri?

• 1. iPhone 4 only 8GB???
    Jake_Smo Newbie

uh, its meant to be a cheaper alternative to the 4S. pretty simple, really.

• 2. iPhone 4 only 8GB???
    Schuyler31 Regular Visitor

Not really cheaper when you think about it. It's half the memory and half the cpu, and minus the only major advancement (Siri) for only half the price. When the iPhone 4 came out for AT&T the 8GB 3GS went down to 49.99. That is a good deal not 99.00

• 3. iPhone 4 only 8GB???
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

It was Apple's decision to do that, I know a few people personally that don't care if they have the latest hardware/software advancements but they were interested in switching to the iPhone so it's a perfect choice for them. 

• 4. iPhone 4 only 8GB???
    GeekOfTexas Bronze Expert

Like my wife. Hello, birthday present.

• 5. iPhone 4 only 8GB???
    Jake_Smo Newbie

I've thought about it, and $100 dollars cheaper is still cheaper. My point is valid.

• 6. iPhone 4 only 8GB???
    scf48 Expert

GeekOfTexas wrote:

Like my wife. Hello, birthday present.

And my mom.  She's moving to her first smartphone and I'm 99.999% sure that she's not going to be using it as a music player or taking tons of video or photos.  There is probably no chance that she'd even know the difference.

• 7. Re: iPhone 4 only 8GB???
    Matt1.21 Valued Member

$100 is easier to obtain for some people in this economy than $200 especially if you purchase Apple Care Plus. If you have someone that actually wants to use their phone to make a call as opposed to download a thousand songs or use it as a camera, then 8G probably will be great for them.  I personally don't take a lot of pics or download a lot of music, but I want an iPhone just like nearly everyone else. I am interested in the Siri the...sounds great (although a little creepy if she can seem to really understand what I am saying). 

• 8. Re: iPhone 4 only 8GB???
    sheenwhit84 Regular Visitor

Exactly the main reason I chose the 4 over the 4s is because it is cheaper and I really cannot justify for me financially paying $200 for the 4s when I will barely use Siri, I already have a great point and shoot 12.0mpx and the processor in the 4 may not be as fast as the 4s, but is still pretty good.  (totally contradictory, but i'll admit my want to have the latest and greatest phone is still making me confused on if I want to exchange my 4 for the 4s within the exchange period, but I'll still probably stick with the 4 for the reasons listed above.)

I had a 1st gen back when the iphone first came out, so I'm super excited and lol kind of impatiently waiting to get my hands on another iphone!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points