This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 7:56 PM by cheryl3344 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    OWENDWARD Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

turn off the the auto updates.

• 31. BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    darlenedegraw Regular Visitor

please don't take this the wrong way, but I have been with sprint for 10 years this month and I didnt even know they had cell phones for 20 years!  I love my sprint. I have three phones on my account and I preordered the iphone 4s and cannot wait to get it.I hope I will not regret it for my evo 4g!!

• 32. BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    angelwing927 Newbie

I was an ATT customer for many years and recently switched to Sprint.  My reason for switching was because I was pay $88 a month for 700 anytime minutes with rollover.  The $88 did inclued $35 for unlimited data and $15 for 1500 text messages, unlimited mobile to mobile with ATT customers only and this inclued $10 discount with the company I work for.  However, if I wanted apps those were extra and free talk began at 9 pm or I had to pay $20 per month for it to begin at  7 pm.

So, far I am really happy with my new plan with Sprint.  I get much, much more for less money per month, even with the $10 fee.  

• 33. BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    Cannonfoddr Newbie

Owendward, I would understand also if it was a increase in price for a 4g phone, but this has nothing to do with 4g.  So if your current phone isn't 4g and the one you want isn't 4g then when you activate the new one, your bill still goes up $10.  It's a scam.

• 34. BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    BRIA74 Newbie

I say, beware of Sprint all together. My wife and I activated on 01/2010. The exact same time. Today we went to the store to get 2 new iphones, update and increase our plan and add the home phone. When we got to the store only one number was eligible for the upgrade. They are trying to force me to stagger my contracts inevitably. Now, I called the customer service department today and guess what??? I was hung up on 5 times. 3 times by supervisors. My wife is pregnant and due next month. They told me that she can upgrade in 5 days. She has already had contractions but when you are paying a company to say, "SO WHAT", please beware. I spent a total of 5 hours on the phone today and needless to say, I will be leaving this company ASAP. They have good people working for them I think. But when this is only the second phone call since establishing services, they did a wonderful job at saying so what. So what that your wife is pregnant, so what if she has an emergency, so what you want to cancel, so what you feel that your payment helps pay our bills. Good luck for anyone that is needing help because the only thing I knew what to do is contact the BBB.

• 35. BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    antpink1 Newbie

The truth of the matter is if you have a plan that includes everything, then you should not have to pay extra for something that is already included. You can not go into a court room asking for $10.00 extra for something that is already included or the judge will toss you out! It's considered defrauding the public!

• 36. BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    PEIGNANS Newbie

I will also have to agree. I have been a customer for 11 years. I have the “$129 Simply Everything Family Flan” with 5 lines. Always like Sprint, always recommended to friends and family, and never had a problem until yesterday. I had the HTC hero in my main line that I used for almost two years, until I recently upgraded to the new iPhone. While I wasn’t happy with the $10 dollar fee I agreed to it and upgraded anyway. Since I got the new iPhone I noticed the internet speeds are terrible compare to my HTC Hero. SIRI half of the time will tell me “It’s having trouble connecting to the network”. When I get that error I noticed also I cannot surf the internet, and restarting the phone seems to bring the internet back, but with the same sluggish speeds. So I’m paying $10 dollars more for worst service, not good. To add insult to injury, yesterday I called Sprint to activate my old HTC Hero in one of my other lines just to be told that I have to agree to another $10 dollars a month for my old phone that I was not paying the fee before.  This really got me angry, I thought this fee only apply to new contracts, but according to the Sprint manager I talked to on the phone, it applies to any smartphone regardless of contracts or if either the phone is new or old. You can imagine my surprise when I heard this, especially when I signed this contract last year and there was no talks about the $10 dollar fee. I thought the reason for having a contract is that both parties in the contract need to abide by it, according to Sprint you, we, the customer do, but not Sprint. So I couldn’t activate my old HTC Hero, because I did not agree to the $10 dollar unfair charge. This my friends is how you lose a faithful 11 years old customer in 10 minutes. Really disappointed, really angry, I’m returning the new phone this week and wait until 3 of my five line contracts expired next year to cancel everything and move on to smaller carrier, since AT&T and Verizon is not any better. I still appreciate the 11 years of great service, is disappointing that it has to end this way.

• 37. Re: BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    cheryl3344 Newbie

I dont have it on my blackberry ...DUH

• 38. Re: BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    Levi4u Master

Only because your grandfathered in without the fee, If you were to activate that same phone today you would incur the fee.

cheryl3344 wrote:

I dont have it on my blackberry ...DUH

• 39. Re: BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE
    cheryl3344 Newbie

They want $10 a month for 24 months...very close to my cancelation fee if I decide to shut the account down today.  I'm plan shopping right now.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...