This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 9:25 PM by BeaArthur RSS

My phone goes to voice mail

irishf Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have a HTC Evo 4 g and instead of ringing it goes straight to voice mail,why and what can i do about it.

thanks

• 1. My phone goes to voice mail
    pd77 Newbie

The same thing happens with my Evo. I guess it has something to do with the smartphone itself. Some people call & it goes thru then some go straight to voicemail...don't understand it.

• 2. Re: My phone goes to voice mail
    BeaArthur Bronze Expert

I am sorry for the inconvenience here guys, thanks for the posts. Here are some common causes of blocked calls and a few troubleshooting steps that might help:

• Turn the phone off, remove the battery for 1 minute, replace the battery and turn the phone back on.
    • There are many reasons why the phone does not ring including:
      • Out of coverage.
      • Phone has not been turned off and back on which may result in the phone location not found on the network while in coverage.
      • Poor indoor and outdoor coverage.
      • Traveling in and out of Sprint network coverage.
      • Using data services at the time of the call while in 1xRTT coverage.
      • Unconditional call forwarding set.
      • Sprint Direct Connect in use at time of call. (this does not apply to the EVO 4G)
    • You may be using data services such as the Web browser, navigation, or a data application at the time of the missed call.
      • If so, you should receive a pop-up box with the incoming caller information and have the option to Answer or Ignore the call.

• You can ensure that call forwarding is disabled by pressing *720 Talk.

• Check the Sprint coverage tool to ensure that your current location is within a Sprint coverage area. If you are not in Sprint coverage please turn the phone off and then back on in Sprint coverage.

• End any Web browser, social network and data applications, email application, or GPS application.

• Try: menu > settings > system updates > update profile

If all else fails you will need to contact tech support for further troubleshooting. Sorry again for the inconvenience, thanks for being valued Sprint customers.

Message was edited by: BeaArthur edited formatting issues

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points