This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2011 9:43 PM by Icee1 RSS

iPhone Disappointment

JToshibaW Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a loyal Sprint customer for too many years to remember, even before Nexttel merger.  For the last 4.5 years, I've kept the same model blackberry hoping for the release of the iPhone. How disappointing it is that I've never used the upgrade promotion, but I get the same value as a new customer, without the 4G speeds offered by ATT.

What's more is that my unlimited data, which was the best available, has now been downgraded (relabeled) as 3G, implying that I need to pay more to optimize my speed, when the Sprint iPhone doesn't even use 4G speeds.

To make things even more disappointing, I didn't have a chance, being a sprint premier customer, to purchase the phone early and must now wait in line to hopefully get a phone before they run out of stock.

How disappointing that my productivity therefore is limited by the capacity of my current cellular number, I think it may be time for a switch since loyalty has no value on the Sprint network. What would be nice is the iPhone 32GB shipped to my home ASAP using the same plan that I currently have, but at a discounted rate considering I am an atypical very loyal customer with excellent credit and payment histories.  I will make a decision to discontinue service on account #[...]within 48 hours.

Thanks for nothing Sprint, I, alone, recruited 6 new customers in just the last year.

J Walker.

[...]

Message was edited by: wingland - removed private data from public forum

• 1. iPhone Disappointment
    clumzyklutz323 Valued Member

I'm sorry, I guess I'm missing something.  Did you want the iPhone at a lower price than a new customer?  Unfortunately, Apple sets the price and Sprint, along with all the other carriers, cannot offer it any lower than that. 

Also, there is no iPhone currently available that offers 4G.  If you check, even the ATT iPhone doesn't offer it. 

Last, but not least, you could have ordered the iPhone 32GB when it went on pre-order on the 7th and received it today so you didn't have to stand in any lines.  You would have gotten it for the advertised price since you said you have not upgraded your phone. 

I hope this helps with any frustrations towards Sprint that you're having. 

• 2. iPhone Disappointment

I think you did miss something. Actually, the phone i aimed to get sold out within hours so standing in line was the only option not to mention premier members used to get first buy occasions, which wasn't available ahead october 7th. Also, I would like a discount, perhaps in the form of a service credit. Also, ATT at least allows one to use the internet and speak on the phone at the same time, which I thought was a 4G capability in addition to faster speeds. 

Unfortunately, your reply didn't help with my frustrations, I think you've helped me make a decision sooner that 48 hours.

Goodbye sprint,

JTW.

• 3. iPhone Disappointment

Here is an article to show that the iPhone 4S is not equipped with 4G capabilities.  It is highly speculated that the iPhone 5 will be able to support 4G.  But that's just a rumor at this point and we all know that Apple can surprise us at any minute. 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394108,00.asp#fbid=EI4N4BUBsKV

• 4. iPhone Disappointment
    SprintTheSlowNetwork Expert

First of all why is it fair for you to expect plan discounts just because? Also new contract and 2 yr upgrades offer the same pricing on all carriers if you purchase the phone from them. Also if you  want the iPhone you need a Everything Data plan. I know it allows a couple other plans as well. I dont know what plan your on but if its one of those really old plans than you might need to change it. Go to another carrier and its exactly the same way only you pay more for the privilege

• 5. iPhone Disappointment

Look, I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just trying to give you some information.  The iPhone 4S 16BG was the ONLY model that sold out on Sprint and that wasn't within hours...that happened at the end of the weekend.  http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394438,00.asp#fbid=EI4N4BUBsKV .  Just as a thought though, don't you think that if Sprint ONLY limited the pre-orders on the 7th to Premier customers only (which was a free program that people were automatically enrolled into, not signed up for) that they would have lost all of the new customers they were hoping to gain as a result of getting the iPhone?  Just some food for thought. 

BTW, 4G has nothing to do with being able to talk and surf at the same time.  They had that available before they even offered 4G. 

I'm sorry if you feel my comment is making your decision easier, but sometimes the truth hurts. 

• 6. iPhone Disappointment

I have an everything plan. I won't ask how long you've been a loyal customer, but I believe there is a difference between loyal customers and new customers and if there isn't it shouldn't be much to Sprint if I switch. Further, if "just because" wasn't a rational idea, then why introduce then retract the idea. Surely you don't think it was a bad idea as this is the reason you get to post your ideas.  In any event, I used to be a fan, but frankly the service is inconsistent. I was loyal because srpint appeared to be loyal to me.  As of now, it seems that I pay more than I am getting out of the plan, all things considered. Thanks for helping me with my decision to disconnect service, perhaps I will do so today because there is an ATT right outside my building.

• 7. iPhone Disappointment

I have been a "loyal" customer of Sprint for 9 years now.  But I believe that you're asking things that are not possible by ANY carrier.  You will be very disappointed when you go to ATT and they can't meet your high expectations.  They don't allow "loyal" customers to pre-order before their new customers.  It's not a realistic expectation. 

• 8. iPhone Disappointment

I see. Well I am not sure about your posts (or truths) hurting, but they definitely shed light about how I am wasting my money. I think you raise excellent points, namely the part about the food for thought. I thnk you helped me realize that since 4G isn't much different, then the talk and surf is actually a additional option that I would otherwise not have with Sprint. 

Great post sir, very enlightening.

I will head over to ATT at lunch.

BR,

JTW.

• 9. iPhone Disappointment

Thanks, didn't realize asking for reciprocity was unrealistic. If normacy is unrealistic, it makes sense to join a larger network.  Thanks, I hope to build 9 years with ATT.

• 10. iPhone Disappointment
    SprintTheSlowNetwork Expert

I've been a customer for 5 years and just extended two lines for 2 more years. I have an employer discount on my account. That's what carriers offer maybe you should take advantage of that. But the fact of the matter is no carrier gives a "loyal" discount, Every carrier has a 20 month upgrade system, and new contracts and upgrades are the same price. Now you could go to a 3rd releller and pay less if you know how to search. The thing that differs are the plans and with my family plan Im easily saving $80 dollars a month over a comparable plan on Verizon or AT&T

• 11. iPhone Disappointment

Thanks for the information, I will take it to ATT this afternoon, when they give me the manager's service credit special.

• 12. iPhone Disappointment

Enjoy the network with the worst ranked customer service, via consumer reports in Dec. 2010.  (google it, I'm really tired of doing the leg work here)..  Also, enjoy paying more for less data.  And don't forget their lack of a customer "loytalty" program.  I'm pretty sure that you'll see when the iPhone 5 comes out and you can't pre-order before the new customers. 

• 13. iPhone Disappointment

Thanks for your quick good searches, it goes to show you can google anything these days.  I think you missed your point about loyalty not being necessary and mine about it not existing with sprint, which is the premise of my whole argument. I am not sure what you're selling, but you've done a great job redirecting me to a better phone company, after many many many years kiddo.

• 14. iPhone Disappointment
    reshortsales Newbie

This seems to be a common thread among loyal Sprint customers. I have been with the over 15 years spending several hundred dollars a month. I will be leaving for Verizon next week. The signal at my home has weakened to the point that the phone (HTC Evo) is ont usable. I called and they said why don't I transfer my number to my home phone for no charge. I tried that but they charged me per minute to do that. Now I would like an iphone but do you think they might give me  abreak since I'm not due for an upgrade for several months....NO they want $800. VERIZON here I come!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...