9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2011 1:29 PM by OTG_Khan RSS

EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup

atx123 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I am on my 3rd EVO 3D phone (each one of them has had a random rebooting/shutdonw issue)...I now have another problem on the EVO3D...it seems to not even start up..it gets frozen on the "3D" screen and i cannot even use the phone.  I have never seen such a **** phone in my life and I have spent hours and hours already trying to get 3 replacement phones.

Anyone out there have this issue or can fix it, please let me know.  Sprint will lose all its customers and go bankrupt if it cannot fix these issues or provide better customer service.  I used to like HTC, but with the recent issues, I will NEVER get another HTC phone.  They need to test their products better.

• 1. EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup
    IMARINKRAT1 Newbie

My phone starting doing this yesterday too. I'm planning on taking it to the Sprint store tonight when I get off work. I'll reply back if they figure out that the issue is. I'm wondering if something was pushed to our devices yesterday which broke them.

• 2. EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup
    atx123 Regular Visitor

Really?  Im happy to know I am not the only one.  I am going to take it to the store today.  I do not want to do a factory reset using the power + low volume..I feel Sprint/HTC need to take responsibility for this.  Please let me know if you figure out what it is. Do ALL EVO 3Ds have this issue?  I really am so disapoointed in HTC and Sprint, they should not have these problems considering how easily they will lose customers. 

As for the SENSE reboots, I have had that issue with ALL THREE EVO 3D phones.  I can keep returning these **** phones but it is wasting so much of my time.  I would prefer they give me a different model. 

Is there a way to fix the Sense Reboot issue without rooting the phone temporarily?

• 3. EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup
    MssB Newbie

This is late! But I JUST had this happen to me after about thirty minutes of turning on and off to see if I could get past it I pulled the battery and pressed home and volume down button then once in the menu i selected factory reset...That seemed to work FOR NOW...I feel your pain I am on my fourth replacement and I keep hoping they will send me a good refurb finally but NO luck! This one I've had for a week smh! Hope that helps! I'll be going to the store as well not that they are much help but its policy lol same reason why they wont just change our phone models...

• 4. EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup
    gria Newbie

my phone just started doing this last night after it told me i had to do a software update. the only difference is mine is stuck on the part when the sprint logo comes on the screen. this is so frustrating because i can't even use my phone and i have a lot of important stuff on there that i need to access. someone please let me know if you figure out how to fix this!!!

• 5. EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup
    atx123 Regular Visitor

I ended up having to go to Sprint (yet again) and the guy said the software crashed..he did a reinstall of all the software and it seems to be ok.  I am on my 3rd EVO 3D and this is the first time it has NOT rebooted/froze in over 2-3 weeks.  However, it did reboot once during that time. 

I think the problem is definitely with HTC Sense..there are posts all over the web about this. Factory resets do NOT help.  I would have Sprint reinstall the software again.  I think HTC is still trying to fix the issue and keeps pushing out patches but the problem is not 100% resolved.  Its pretty sad and I understand your frustration.  I recommend anyone w the EVO 3D to get full coverage so you can return it as needed.  As frustrating as it is...Sprint is obligated to replace the phones as many times as needed.

• 6. EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup
    fireguy_6364 Master

when telling people about doing or how to do the factor reset FR it helps to let them know they will lose all their information on their phone. back up all your info that you can especially contacts (make sure theyre saved to your google account and not just to your phone) or they will be lost as well.

• 7. EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup
    MssB Newbie

The problem we came across doesn't give you the option too unfortunately back up anything...gmail backs up contacts etc unless you are going through the trouble of choosing the phone option...anything else is saved on the SD card which is not reformatted in this case.

Mine lasted less than 24 hrs after that and I'm currently in the process of getting a different device since this was my 5th EVO 3d unfortunately so that would be one way to avoid the problem lol Hope everyone else gets their issues resolved!

• 8. EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup
    officer1895 Newbie

Mine started acting up today can't do anything about it. Stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on start up. HTC sucks!

• 9. EVO 3D stuck/frozen on "3D" screen on startup
    OTG_Khan Newbie

I had the same problem. Started yesterday, when the phone restarted on its own and kept getting stuck at Sprint screen till it ran out of battery. I took to the store and the tech said he wil have to hard-reset it which will lose all settings. Many of my paid apps from Amazon App Store and that keeps a list of everything I have purchased so I can easily reinstall and the data is on SD card. On the other hand, it is annoying if it starts to happen freqently. But here is my question:

How did the Tech at Sprint did the hard reset? I did notice that when I got my phone back it had the USB Debugging mode on, so most likely he plugged it into a computer. But if it happens again, can I Hard Reset it on my own without taking a trip to the store?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...