This discussion is locked
1 22 23 24 25 26 189 Previous Next 2,820 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2013 3:50 PM by MALANIS21 Go to original post RSS
  • 345. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

As far as sprint is concerned, their Speedtest is the only one that matters

http://www6.sprint.com/landings/speedtest/?ECID=vanity:speedtest

...but, since your iPhone can handle flash, well...you know.

• 346. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    TrippleDDD Newbie

Not too bad for Chicago western suburbs...and from my basement:

Hope it gets better for the rest of you having problems.

• 347. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    RP3081 Regular Visitor

well seeing how they both are OOKLA... its the same thing... Why are you even in here?

• 348. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    coop042 Regular Visitor

That sprint speed test page wont even load on my phone. Probably cause the know it would reflect poorly.

• 349. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    pmanicioto Newbie

I will give you guys some info that should be obvious for Sprint customers over the last year or so. . . .

Sprints network is horrible. Since all these new customers are coming on from the EVO forward to today, their network cannot handle the traffic. Yes they boast all the hottest phones and umlimited data, but honestly when you cannot access data ever, it makes no difference how unlimited it is. I got to the point I couldnt even load webpages. Market downloads would take 10-20 mins.

I got 3 lines disconnected with no ETF's because I been fighting with them for almost a year about this. Dont let them be coy about this. They know there are problems. Its not phone related, its not Proxy related, its not software related. ect. Its their network. It always was and always will be.

They tried to tell me it was my local area and they are updating the networks finally after 8 months of reporting the problems. They then keep pushing the dates back for upgrade. I let them know I travel around the US and rarely ever see better service. They suggest 4G which is a joke in itself. Then they gave me an Airrave because I demanded it, and that only worked marginally for a few days.

I went to ATT last week and in the same spots I had 15-100KB speeds, I now get 3MB speeds on ATT.

Attached are email chains from Sprint TRV Escalations:

TRV Escalations to me

show details Jul 5

Mr. Manicioto,

As we  discussed on our call, we are aware of the issues you and other  customers are experiencing there in Pennsylvania.  Our network  technicians are working  to resolve this as quickly as possible. To let those of us who work in  customer care know that they’ve started repairs, our engineers have  issued what we call a Service Alert.  That alert number is 10014.  Once  the repairs are complete, this Service Alert  will be closed.

In the  notes on this Service Alert, our technicians are currently telling us  to expect "Noticeable Relief … by 7/29."  Currently, our plan here in  the TRV  Escalations team is to hold your ticket open until after this Estimated  Time of Repair has come and gone, and then to contact you to verify  that you’re seeing the relief we expect. 

If the  Estimated Time of Repair should change, we plan to contact you and let  you know about the new date.  If you have any questions or need to speak  with  us in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to email us at this address  again: and be sure to include either your Sprint phone number or the  ticket number you listed below in the body of your message.

We appreciate your patience while we work towards a resolution.

-Ross

TRV Escalations POC

TRV Escalations to me

show details Aug 2

Mr. Manicioto,

Our  call to you on 7/28 was to inform you that our  technicians have revised  their original estimate and are now telling us: “Noticeable Relief  expected  by 10/31” instead of the original 7/29 date that we gave you in early  July. 

We  plan to contact you after 10/31 to verify that you’re seeing the relief  we expect.  If this new estimated time of repair (ETR) should change,  we’ll contact  you before then and let you know about the new date.  We don’t have any  other information regarding  why the original ETR for this issue had to  be revised, but please be assured we’re making every effort to resolve  this sooner  rather than later.

If  you have any questions or need to speak with us in the meantime, please  don’t hesitate to email us at this address again: and be sure to include  either  your Sprint phone number or the ticket number you listed below in the  body of your message.

We appreciate your patience while we work towards a resolution.

-Ross

TRV Escalations POC

TRV Escalations to me

show details Oct 5

Mr. Manicioto,

The  alert for  your area was just updated.  We’re now being told to expect  improvements by 12/31/2011.  We will contact you by phone once the  service alert  closes to verify that you’re seeing a difference.

If you have any questions or need to speak with us in the meantime, please don't hesitate to email us at this address again.

-Ross R

TRV Escalations POC

Take this as you please, but don't let them, fool you that you are the first caller on this!!

• 350. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    scf48 Expert

Where in PA are you?  It's terrible mostly everywhere in the Lehigh and Delaware Valleys... along with South Jersey.

• 351. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    WLEEB1963 Regular Visitor

I went to my local Sprint store and talked to the manager who said that he did not know anything about slow data speeds and the new iPhones (yeah right). I ran speedtest on my iPhone with him looking and it returned .01Mbps DL and .01Mbps UL. I told him that this was unacceptable and he agreed. I then ask to see the new Galaxy S2 and requested that we run a speedtest on it with 4G turned off. To my amazement, it ran 1.2Mbps DL and .5Mbps UL. I could not believe the result so I ran it again and it returned.9Mbps DL and .3Mbps UL. I told him that I did not understand why 2 phones in the same location on the same network at the same time could get such drastically different results. He said that it was because one was Google based and the other was Apple. I do not understand why that would be, however, I do know what I saw. When my wife comes home tonight, we will be making a trip to the Sprint store to "experience" the Galaxy S2 and decide if we want to change...I will update the thread with our decision/findings...

• 352. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Valued Member

coop042 wrote:

That sprint speed test page wont even load on my phone. Probably cause the know it would reflect poorly.

That's because your iPhone "dont do flash"

• 353. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Valued Member

RP3081 wrote:

well seeing how they both are OOKLA... its the same thing... Why are you even in here?

A web based Speed Test and an iPhone app are two completely different things, identical results should not be expected. Like I said, as far as Sprint is concerned, there's is the only speedtest that matters. Same with any wireline ISP, they don't care what SpeedTest.net says.

I'm here because, like Sprint, I care. (<sarcasm)

• 354. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    MrSugarMouth Newbie

UI got off the phone with Sprint and spoke to level one then his boss.  The supervisor said I shoudl just cancel!  I can't beilieve they are asking customers to cancel!

• 355. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    pmanicioto Newbie

I am in Berks area. I can tell you I tested all across the US with same results. Anywhere outside of a major city is worthless.

I have yet to see a speedtest above 300-400k in over a year. Most of them are double digits though.

• 356. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    skhoibidoo Newbie

I am located in Los Angeles, at work now (UCLA, 90024) and getting........wait for it.........0.04 Mbps (download) and 0.00Mbps (upload), ping 383ms. It took 34 seconds to refresh a facebook page. What a joke.

• 357. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    skhoibidoo Newbie

Here is the gizmodo link in case you guys want to report your speed: http://gizmodo.com/5820965/the-great-iphone-4s-national-network-test

• 358. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    whyspud2000 Regular Visitor

The question I have is:

Are the problems with 3G speeds exclusive to the iphone 4S?

Is the rest of the phones such as touch 4G, EVO (with 4G turned off of course) etc seeing the same download problems iphone 4S users are.

Many of us only have a few days left to decide to return.

• 359. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    jayhawk0 Newbie

Well, I drove around the Sprint Headquarter Campus here at Overland Park, KS from about 11:00AM to 3:00PM.  Tested it about a dozen times, the best speed I got was 0.2M down and 0.1 up. 90% of the time I got 0.05-0.1 down/up.   This is where their CEO and over 10,000 of their own employees work! So don't tell me they don't know the problem. It's just a flat-out lie! Any one thinks calling them would solve the problem are fooling yourselves, they just don't have what it takes (>billions of dollars, keep in mind they're 20 billion in debt and have to pay a credit card like rate to borrow more because of their bond rating is at the bottom of the junk status) to fix the problem.  Like I said before, the only hope is for those die-hards, because eventually everyone will leave and then there'll be enough bandwidth left for the few holdouts.

1 22 23 24 25 26 189 Previous Next