This discussion is locked
1 28 29 30 31 32 189 Previous Next 2,820 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2013 3:50 PM by MALANIS21 Go to original post RSS
  • 435. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    BryanHeath11 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated
    You: Is there a know issue with iphone 4S? I get an average of 170k and apps don't perform well.
    SPRINT: Thank you for the detail of your concern.
    SPRINT: Yes, we have the information about that. Few of the users are not getting proper speed. Please contact our dedicated Technical Support team at 888-211-4727 and they will fix that issue
  • 436. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    ROBLOCK23 Newbie

What did they say after you called that number??

• 437. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

I am callling now and will update the thread.

• 438. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    some1nOC Newbie

It is time for Sprint's CEO, DAN HESSE, to make a public acknowledgement of the iPhone slow data speeds, and re-ashure customers Sprint is working on a fix. The sooner Sprint steps up and takes ownership of the problem, the more likely iPhone customers will support Sprint through their data speed difficulties. Otherwise, as more and more fuel to the fire is added about Sprints iPhone slow data speed, people are going to bad mouth Sprint and jump ship.

Sprint, you paid a ungodly amount of money to sell the iPhone and now you are going to shoot yourself in the foot with the whole slow data speed issue. Wake up board members and don't loose your iPhone investment and Sprint customers over lack of reacting to an issue in a timely manner.

From a previous AT&T iPhone 3G, 3Gs, & 4 customer who switched to Sprint iPhone 4s.

• 439. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    jd_pruitt Newbie

UPDATE: While I'm happy that my speeds are decent near my home, here are some results while out and about in Denver:

http://jdpruitt.com/IMG_0008.jpg

and:

http://jdpruitt.com/IMG_0028.jpg

Sorry about the huge picture sizes. Anyway, when listening to Pandora the stream would stop for a few minutes and start again. Browsing is noticeably slower from my former carrier AT&T. Translation: Yeah, it's pretty lame.

I called up technical support yesterday and the representative was very nice (said it was a known issue.) He also seemed unable to say much more than that, though.

I'm going to really have to debate whether I'm going to stick with Sprint. Their official response of "There are no problems! Just look at the Gizmodo test!" really doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. For me it's more of a disdain for AT&T and Verizon that keeps me hoping I can stay with Sprint.

• 440. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    GJRENARD Regular Visitor

My speed in milwaukee, WI with the Iphone 4 is consistently reaching around 200-220 kbps.  I know that is not that great, but it is great for sprint...Seems to be getting better (crosses fingers).

• 441. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    RobBass407 Regular Visitor

So what are u saying, its an iPhone 4S issue and not just Sprint?  Media outlets are reporting Sprint users reporting issues, did not see anything mainstream about ATT and Verizon yet.  FWIW I put more faith in Apple than cell phone providers. 

• 442. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    SAYNOTOIPHONE Newbie

Any network cannot handle a huge amount of new users at any given time. Sprint will not be able to provide the quality of service that we are used to if the iphone really catches in sprint.

Hopefully, it won’t so the service will not downgrade much.  Now there is always the possibility that the iphone has issues.

• 443. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    scouttyg Regular Visitor

This isn't an iPhone 4S issue, unless you mean "the influx of iPhone 4S's caused this problem" or "Sprint is throttling iPhone users specifically". At night I get speeds on my iPhone 4S of 0.6-1.6Mbps, which is what is advertised in my area as 3G speeds. During the day, those go down to 0.09-0.2Mbps during the day. An iPhone technical glitch wouldn't happen during certain hours of the day, so it can't be the phone. The most likely thing is that the network is extremely congested (thus slow speeds during the day and normal speeds at night) or Sprint is throttling its network and slowly amping up the speeds over time.

We can only  hope it is the latter because if the network is congested nothing will fix that unless more towers are built or people stop using 3G. But if it is being throttled then we just wait it out until they give us the full speeds, or cancel our service.

• 444. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    RobBass407 Regular Visitor

That was my assumption as well, the person I replied to seem to indicate ATT and Verizon users reporting issues as well, granted I have not visited their forums, but the focus right now is on Sprint, it is the most widely reported network having issues.  The more attention this garners the sooner Sprint will do something about it.  I see CNN has this issues are their #1 problem reported with iPhone 4S.  A lot of the "tech" sites running this story as well, but they do not get as much attention as say a CNN does, and as long as folks are calling Sprint to at least report the issue, the more apt Sprint must do something.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/19/tech/mobile/iphone-4s-problems/index.html

• 445. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    chiswede Regular Visitor

What did they say after you called that number??"

ROBLOCK23 wrote:

What did they say after you called that number??

They switched him to AT&T 

• 446. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Yaa-Birago Newbie

My phone cannot connect to the network or it takes FOREVER to connect.  What happend to the "fastest network" that Sprint boasts about?  If by "fastest" they mean slowest, then they are correct.  False Advertisment.  But what's new? I've stuck with sprint for 11 yrs now...not sure why...might need to go over to another network.

• 447. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

I was on hold for some time. Sprint said there was a know "network issue". I said if it is a network issue why is my cube mate getting 30 Mbps on the Evo? Phone support said it seemed specific to the iPhones during the calls he received today. They had nothing concrete to say. I was told they are working on it and to call back in a couple hours. I get a really good deal on sprint or I would consider switching to ATT . I may just switch back to the Evo unless the entire network begins to suffer. I just hate paying ATT and Verizon $$$. I can give it a week or so then it may be an EPIC fail for Sprint. Unlesss they extend the return policy to 30 days.

• 448. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    some1nOC Newbie

I'm a firm believer it is a Sprint issue and not a iPhone 4s. Many of my calligues have the iPhone 4S on AT&T and Verizon and they are not experiencing the same issue as I am with Sprit.

I will say I did call yesterday to Sprint customer service and the lady I spoke with did tell me, Sprint does have a nationwide ticket open for the slow data speed on the iPhone 4S. Sprint is aware of the problem, but have not come out in the open to talk about it. I have been getting very slow download speeds, throughout North Orange County, CA till yesterday. As of this morning, I have seen a big jump in the download speeds. See pics. I will continue to test the speed throughout the rest of my day, and throughout North Orange County.

iPhone4SSpeedTest.jpg

• 449. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Bob_MW Regular Visitor

If the iPhone doesn't catch on Sprint's days are numbered. They will not make it out from under the huge debt. As Sprint customers we should all hope the phone does catch on and Sprint manages to improve 3G conectivity. Otherwise we'll have less choices and probably will end up paying more in the end.

1 28 29 30 31 32 189 Previous Next