This discussion is archived
1 57 58 59 60 61 69 Previous Next 1,023 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2011 7:19 PM by SA_Viper43 Go to original post RSS
  • 870. Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    BRADZONE Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

As they close the Sprint Premier Program (http://i44.tinypic.com/xpy6mg.jpg), I am excited to learn that one of the reasons they cite for this decision is to allocate more resources toward improving customer service. As a loyal Sprint customer for over 10 years, I have consistently received poor customer service from Sprint. Never did I feel valued as a Sprint customer, never did I feel that any of their agents went out of their way to address an issue I had, and most of the time their representatives were less than polite to me, that is if I could even understand their broken written or spoken English in the first place. Not once did I ever receive an actual benefit from this program - no, not even a discount on a new phone, nor a $5 credit to my anniversary bill.

Whenever I was in the market for a new phone, the so-called Sprint Premier offers for which I was eligible (which were dependent on a contract renewal), were not better than phone offers for new Sprint customers signing up for a contract. For this reason, I have always purchased my new phones outright.

Receipt of an e-mail this morning notifying me that Sprint Premier Program is coming to a close gave me cause to reflect on this program. Over the years I recall receiving snail mail in fancy envelopes with translucent paper and silver star stickers, and e-mails with pretty graphics and catch-phrases that were meant to make me feel important. I have concluded that this program had a feel-good intent, but it has had no measurable benefit to me. I prefer to see the program dissolve altogether than to endure any further grief and broken hope that the program might someday improve. Based on all of the negative member reviews embedded in the Premier Community forum archives, it is clear to me that Sprint has learned a lesson from the failed Sprint Premier Program, and I truly do look forward to a better customer service experience in the future!

• 871. Re: Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    SP_Clarissa Bronze Expert

Hello HLMS and thank you for joining us on the forum here. I’m sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time with customer service and I would like to be of assistance if you have any unresolved issues. I would also like to see about finding a resolution to the reception problems that you have been experiencing in your home. If you would like to private message me I will be glad to look into a possible resolution for you. I want to thank you for being a long time Sprint customer and if you have any further questions or concerns please let me know.

Thanks,

Clarissa

• 872. Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    PCLou Expert

I'm 100% sure of that!  The way Trinity sees it though is, "I'm getting FREE phones NOW" and with my employee discount, my bill will be cheaper!  At least that is what is believed.  Certainly seems like a great move, but the point you make is spot on.  If the service isn't comparable, then overages/limitations will be a killer. Those "FREE" phones might end up costing hundreds or thousands down the road.  Live 'n' learn!

I just had an in-depth chat with our friend, ATT.  Here's the details (ACTUAL CHAT INCLUDED, FOR EVERYONE TO SEE):

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"AT&T sales representatives are happy to assist you with your questions. Click below to begin your live text chat.

AT&T sales representatives will not have access to your personal account. This service is provided to you under AT&Ts Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

You are now chatting with Melbae, an AT&T sales representative.

Melbae: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

PCLou: Are you currently offering a buy one iPhone 4S, get one FREE promo?

Melbae: I would be happy to assist you. We are not offering that promotion.

PCLou: Do you have ANY buy one phone get one free?

Melbae: I apologize we do not.

PCLou: OK, what are the cheapest family plans you offer for 5 lines?

Melbae: 700 Minutes is $69.99 a month for the first two lines and $9.99 a month for each additional line. This would be for the talk plan.

PCLou: What about data and messaging included?

Melbae: Unlimited messaging is $30 a month. 200 MB is $15 a month per phone.

PCLou: unlimited messaging is per phone?

Melbae: No it would be for all of the phones.

PCLou: OK, so 5 lines would be roughly $205 a month? Are there any other add-ons I might need?

Melbae: If you add insurance it is $6.99 a month per phone.

PCLou: Also is 200MB the data limit per phone? What if we need more?

Melbae: You may change the plan. If you go over you would be charged for overage.

PCLou: How much is it for a higher data limit plan? Also, What time is Nights and weekends and do you have Any Mobile Anytime? Say if I wanted to call a Verizon customer, is that included?

Melbae: 2 GB is $25 a month per phone.

Melbae: The Standard Nights begin at 9:00 PM and end at 5:59 AM; Weekends begin Friday at 9:00 PM and end Monday at 5:59 AM.

Melbae: AT&T Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to any Mobile lets you call or message anyone, on any mobile network in the U.S., Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands, anytime, from anywhere in the AT&T nationwide coverage area and from any of the numbers on your FamilyTalk plan without using your Anytime package minutes. For only $30 a month, the AT&T Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to any Mobile feature includes Unlimited Mobile-to-Any-Mobile minutes, unlimited text, picture/video, and instant messaging messages.

PCLou: So, that's another $30 a month for Family Messaging?

Melbae: No that would be the plan in the estimate already.

PCLou: Ok, so it's still in the $205 price, right?

Melbae: 70+10+10+10+30+Which data plan are you selecting?

PCLou: What is higher than 200MB?

Melbae: 2 GB is $25 a month per phone. Are you selecting that plan?

PCLou: OK, so 200MB would equal $205/mo, while 2GB, would equal $255, is that correct?

Melbae: Yes that is correct.

PCLou: OK, do you offer N/W earlier than 9pm?

Melbae: Early Nights starting at 7 PM and ending at 7 AM can be added to most any Individual Plan for an additional $8.99 per month, per phone; or $16.99 per month for an entire Family Plan account.  (Not available on Go Phone Pre-Paid accounts.)

PCLou: OK, so $272 then for the early N/W and the 2GB data, right?

Melbae: Yes.

PCLou: This is with a 2 year contract?

Melbae: Yes.

PCLou: AND, can I get 5 FREE iPhones, too?

Melbae: You may select from the phones that are show free on the site and you may select up to 5.

PCLou: OK, Thanks for all your time. I'm now a lot more informed! You were fantastic!  Bye!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SO,,, I cannot begin to imagine that EVEN with a 20-25% employee discount (which applies to base rate only!) That Sprint cannot possibly be less expensive by  A LOT, AND for UNLIMITED DATA!  Yes, you can get an outdated iPhone 3 or Older Android FREE, but if you want a new 4S, it's gonna cost $150 a piece for the base model and $400 for the top model.

Also, ATT's ETF is also $325 (-$10/mo.), and the upgrade is ALSO every 20 months!  (I can't imagine what a 3rd Gen iPhone won't be able to do in that time frame).

So I can say WITHOUT DOUBT, there is absolutely no way ANYONE can get a comparable service from ATT for less than Sprint, EVEN if you can overlook the 2GB limit!  Now, throw in a few hundred dollars in ETFs to leave Sprint, I might question someone's sanity!

I hope Trinity and others TRULY see the price/services offered.

THERE'S YOUR APPLES TO APPLES, pharaoh0.  Tasty, huh? 

• 873. Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

That was comical, interesting, and confusing all at the same time.  I went to their website earlier and it had too many nickle and dime options.  I am sure if you if didn't need data or didn't plan to message anyone, and mobile to mobile was unnecessary and your "nights" started at 9pm, you could probably get a cheaper service at ATT.  But, then again, why would you need a smartphone?  Oh well...

• 874. Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    sicofsprint1 Regular Visitor

Please forgive the format.

I could not have you post and not respond. You have got to be kidding????????

AT&T

Family/700 anytime mobile to mobile        Data/2G         Messaging/unlimited                 Insurance

Line 1                    $70.00

$25.00

$30.00

$7.00

Line 2                        0.00

$25.00

$7.00

Line 3                    $10.00

$25.00

$7.00

Line 4                    $10.00

$25.00

$7.00

Line 5                      $10.00

$25.00

$7.00

Total $290.00 plus tax

Sprint

Family 1500anytime mobile to mobile     Data/unlimited        Messaging/unlimited      Insurance

Line 1                 $130.00

Included     $10premium                                                  

included

$8.00

Line 2                       0.00

Included     $10premium

included

$8.00

Line 3                      20.00

Included     $10premium

included

$8.00

Line 4                      20.00  

Included     $10premium

included

$8.00

Line 5                      20.00

Included     $10premium

included

$8.00

Total $280.00 plus tax

Now when a person does a comparison he/she should include other parties. True there are more anytime minutes one can use but why when the plan includes anytime, any mobile, any carrier for free. If you are not a data HOGGGG, a person will be fine using the 2GB and wifi where accessible. I don’t understand why so many customers are defending the changes sprint is making when the overall value does not amount to a whole lot.

The comparisons are for smart phones and the totals will differ with a feature phone but you see my point. The coverage between the two is no contest. It is sad that I had to purchase a go phone to be safe because of the overage in “my” area. If the coverage is good for you and you enjoy the small lineup of phones sprint has to offer then it is the best for you. If you are in the market for a carrier with better coverage and better line up of phones, try one of the other two. The extra money is well worth it when it comes to stability and reliability. Also keep in mind that sprint is axing all of its perks to match the other carriers. In my opinion, the unlimited data will cause some to run and will eventually cause sprint to end that too. When that happens, goodbye sprint and hello Verizon /Sprint  and At&t/T Mobile.

• 875. Re: Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    Lauren2669 Newbie

Ive been a sprint costumer for 11 years. I have been with them during their ups and downs and i can honestly say this change will not phase me!. First of all, this program is new its not like they are taking away something that has been in the picture for years! Second of all, other than an upgrade every year and 25% discount on 2 items what does the program really offer? To me it is pointless!!! Now i love my sprint phone plan....ive compared my plan to VZ,ATT and TMob, and something identical to what i have now would cost me about 170$. so if i had to choose between my phone plan that saves me money every month, to a program that allows me to upgrade every year im going to choose what is best. I also can say i am very confident that Sprint will compensate long term customers with some kind of yearly present. With that being said....

for you people who are complaing, griping and threatening to leave then LEAVE. You kind of people will never be satisfied! No matter what they took away or decide to keep it will never be enough and there for i cant see yall being loyal customers, because you will always find a reason to moan, gripe or complain about something. So please do us (sprint customers ) a favor and just leave!!!

As far as customer service i am a firm believer in wanting something done you got to be curtious, understanding and personable with them. I have never had a single problem with them other than maybe not understanding their accent. So next time you find youself calling introduce yourself, ask them how they are doing and treat them as how you would want  to be treated. All in all they do not make the rules or set them so keep that mind and i promise you will get what you want from them. It has worked for me every time.

• 876. Re: Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    SUPRJEFF Regular Visitor

unlimited data but not "premium" thats for sure. and 4G yeah every once in awhile

• 877. Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

You've basically supported PCLou's post and proved my point.  You are not making an apples to apples comparison.  When you do, you kinda have to give up some things...  You have watch your data and not go over 2GB, your nightime starts later, and you get half the number of regular talk minutes.  That was the point we were making...

• 878. Re: Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    PCLou Expert

You selectively added the difference in insurance $5 (optional) and automatically assigned ALL Sprint phones to $10 Premium.  There are a number of existing phones which are smartphones that do/did not have that fee at the time people signed up less than a year ago.  Again, we are comparing someone who has already established service with Sprint vs. switching over to ATT now.  Still, Sprint wins in price and benefits! 

Furthermore, the poster wasn't complaining of poor signal, as you are now bringing up.  Certainly that can vary customer to customer.  No provider has good coverage everywhere.  Now, one would be foolish to consider paying for a service they couldn't actually receive.  That's a different matter, altogether. 

FWIW, 2GB of data limit for 5 people might be fine today for 4 people or 5 people.  But what a surprise to the bill payer when that 1 family member one month exceeds the limit! (Happens all the time!)  Now how much is that going to cost.  PLUS, Sprint offers MORE than DOUBLE the talk minutes.  You can downplay Sprint's benefits all you want, but that doesn't make your position any more logical or correct.

SPRINT IS THE CLEAR WINNER IN THE SCENARIO PRESENTED, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.  P E R I O D !

Now if you would like to establish your OWN scenario, I'm certainly willing to read it through and apply a cost saving analysis, if one exists.

Edit:  Oh, and tack on another $20 to that ATT bill for a 1400 Minute plan (still 100 minutes less than Sprint) just to keep apples to apples.

So in my final analysis, there's a $50 difference overall monthly, or $1,200 for the term of the contract AND Sprint still offers 100 more minutes and UNLIMITED data.  Meaning, no high bill surprises!

Last I checked $1,200 wasn't chump change!

• 879. Re: Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    543JBHAD Regular Visitor

How many people actually use more than 2GB of data?  I have had the EVO since Dec 2010/Jan 2011 and have yet to use 2GB of data.  Actually, I've only gone over 1GB one month.  I pay $130 a month for a plan that I can't take full atvantage of because I have no need for that much data on my cell phone and I wonder how many others do.  So, for people like me, ATT is just about the same price as sprint with a better network and T-Mobile is cheaper, but their network is in worse shape than sprints.  The only thing that some sprint customers can hold on to now is the unlimited data, which is probably next on the chopping block.

• 880. Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program

Sorry PCLou, my reply was intended for pharoah0!

• 881. Re: Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program

My respones are within your post in brackets.{}

You selectively added the difference in insurance $5 (optional) and automatically assigned ALL Sprint phones to $10 Premium.{Insurance add on is optional but you modify for each phone! Most worth while phones on the "right now" network are smart and there are not any smartphones in sprints line up that avoids that fee} There are a number of existing phones which are smartphones that do/did not have that fee at the time people signed up less than a year ago.{Incorrect}  Again, we are comparing someone who has already established service with Sprint vs. switching over to ATT now.  Still, Sprint wins in price and benefits! {You call a savings of around $10 a huge savings compared to better coverage and data speeds?} If you factor in a maybe employee discount, AT&T wins cause you get what you pay for with sprint}

Furthermore, the poster wasn't complaining of poor signal, as you are now bringing up.  Certainly that can vary customer to customer.  No provider has good coverage everywhere.  Now, one would be foolish to consider paying for a service they couldn't actually receive.  That's a different matter, altogether. {What good is a phone if the coverage is not available?}

FWIW, 2GB of data limit for 5 people might be fine today for 4 people or 5 people.  But what a surprise to the bill payer when that 1 family member one month exceeds the limit! (Happens all the time!)  Now how much is that going to cost.  PLUS, Sprint offers MORE than DOUBLE the talk minutes.  You can downplay Sprint's benefits all you want, but that doesn't make your position any more logical or correct. {A person is alerted when the data is close to 2GB with AT&T and not many people I know use landlines so the double in anytime minutes is not much of a big perk}

SPRINT IS THE CLEAR WINNER IN THE SCENARIO PRESENTED, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.  P E R I O D !

Now if you would like to establish your OWN scenario, I'm certainly willing to read it through and apply a cost saving analysis, if one exists.

Edit:  Oh, and tack on another $20 to that ATT bill for a 1400 Minute plan (still 100 minutes less than Sprint) just to keep apples to apples.

So in my final analysis, there's a $50 difference overall monthly, or $1,200 for the term of the contract AND Sprint still offers 100 more minutes and UNLIMITED data.  Meaning, no high bill surprises!

Last I checked $1,200 wasn't chump change!{Last time I checked a company that is in third place is there for a reason so many customers prefer quality over quantity}

• 882. Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    FirstContact Expert

ONE SLIGHT CORRECTION

SPRINT IS NOT MOBILE TO MOBILE. SPRINT IS MOBILE TO MOBILE TO ANY NETWORK

AT&T WILL COST SOMEONE MOBILE TO MOBILE IF THEY USE THEIR ALLOTED ANYTIMES MINUTES UP.

AT&T WILL USE ANYTIME MINUTES TO TMOBLE, VERIZON, SPRINT, AND ANY OTHER CARRIER SO they have limited mobile to mobile..

see mobile to mobile can be interperted as any mobile cell phone to any network, just as other people interpert the meaning of unlimited, 4g everywhere. ( does that include the middle of the ocean or desert) < this is how a person would say it should work in the middle of the ocean or desert because the rep told me i can have 4g everywhere... what is the definition of everywhere also... we can twist the meanings of words to fit our point easy.

• 883. Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    PCLou Expert

ATT is offering a comparable Mobile to Any Mobile, now, like Sprint.  See the chat I had with their CS. FYI.

However, there's still a huge disparity in cost to an existing Sprint customer, plus Sprint offers more in minutes and Unlimited Data.

• 884. Re: Sprint Discontinuing Sprint Premier Program
    PCLou Expert

Wow, I feel honored!  You copied my entire post to add a completely irrelevant comment.  I take it, you concur with my analysis!  Thanks.

BTW, it's "quantity", but where were you intending to state "quality?"

1 57 58 59 60 61 69 Previous Next