This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2011 4:11 PM by SpencerHawkins45822 RSS

Evo Won't Turn On

NETTNIN Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My phone will just keep showing the 4G screen for about 3 minutes, play the start up music then show the 4G screen again.  This keeps happening over and over and over, it won't turn on!  Any help?  since Sprint doesn't have 24 hour customer service, even prepaid phones have 24 hour customer service.

• 1. Evo Won't Turn On
    Valued Member

Nettnin ;   Have you fully charged your phone? Have you removed the battery and replaced it? Have you tried plugging the phone into the charger, and trying to turn it on, and see if it will stay on? .. If you have done all of this, I wouldn't call sprint, I would go to a Sprint Store, that has a tech on site. The would be able to test the phone, and the battery its self, Im not sure where your located, but the sprint store in fort wayne, was a fun experience for me, and they fixed our issues without charging us for replacement charges, batteries and more.

• 2. Evo Won't Turn On
    NETTNIN Newbie

Unfortunately I've tried all of that except for letting it charge all the way.  But I did try different batteries and different chargers.  I guess I'll just have to take it in once I get off work. 

• 3. Evo Won't Turn On
    Lgee11 Newbie

My phone is doing the same exact thing...maybe its a network thing,,

• 4. Evo Won't Turn On
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Sorry you are having a problem with the device  AT this point I too would recommend aSprint repair center.

Our general customer service is open for 6:00am  t o 2:00 am central standard time 

• 5. Evo Won't Turn On
    NETTNIN Newbie

I have a friend who use to work for Sprint,  he helped me get it back on, unfortunately I had to clear my phone.  At least I have a phone again.  I just hope it doesn't happen again.

• 6. Evo Won't Turn On
    fireguy_6364 Master

wouldnt be a network thing. even if there was absolutley no reception or data getting to the phone it would still fully power up...only thing it would do is constantly give you a alert notification of no reception/data.

• 7. Evo Won't Turn On
    lahlahlou Newbie

This happened to me yesterday. After an hour of tech support online I went to the store and they said there is a problem with my charging port...They charged it in store and got it to finally tturn on. They will be sending a replacement to me, I just hope  I don't lose all my stuff!

• 8. Evo Won't Turn On
    robotaholic Gold Expert

If you have already tried all of the basic steps to get it working, then I can tell you what a Service & Repair Center would do.  They would do a button hard reset.  Unfortunately, that will reset the phone back to like brand new and clear everything on it...including your contacts (which if they're backed up to Google then you should be able to get them back once you set up your Gmail account again)  It will NOT clear anything off of your storage card though...including your pictures/music/ringtones/other media.

You do the following steps:

• •1.     Turn the power off. If the Evo is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it.
    • •2.     Press and hold volume down and power button.
    • •3.     When the device’s display turns on, release the volume down button and power buttons.
    • •4.     Use the volume buttons to select CLEAR STORAGE and press the power button.
    • •5.     Press volume up button to clear the storage (All data will be deleted from the device.)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue...if not I would be glad to help locate a Sprint Service & Repair Center for you...or you can go to Sprint.com/storelocator

-John

• 9. Evo Won't Turn On
    NETTNIN Newbie

That's exactly what I did robotaholic.  It worked, but the next day my phone kept turning off by itself and I was calling my phone from my house phone and my phone would never get the call.  So I brought it in and should be getting a new or refurbished phone within the next few days.  I'm now using my old Hero until then.

• 10. Evo Won't Turn On
    robotaholic Gold Expert

Ok.  So you've been taken care of...that is very good.  I am sorry this happened and hopefully you wont have this kind of problem again.

-John

• 11. Evo Won't Turn On
    Valued Member

Just make sure you take the memory card out of your old one, and put it in the new ony oug et, and back up your contacts.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points