14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2011 2:58 PM by meetthewongs RSS

Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S

bmase948 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

every time i try to send an MMS text i get an ( ! ). everything else on the iphone is working fine for me. i spoke with sprint for hours on the phone having me to reset the phone and doing this and that..... could it be my device or is anyone else having the same problems?

• 1. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    vgan1 Newbie

I'm having the same issue.  Called support twice and they couldn't do anything, but they mentioned they were having an MMS outage in my area.

• 2. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    BOBBIEBOO84 Regular Visitor

im having same problem, especially when im trying to send to more than one person, but even when i just send to one. its really getting on my nerves, i havent called about it yet tho.....any suggestions?

• 3. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    fdasfsfasdf Newbie

Same issue. Went to apple, replaced a phone, came back home. Issue still presist.

• 4. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S

still does it, at night! everyone must be using the network but i had no problems with my old phone! fix the problem sprint come on!!!

• 5. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    HuliMAKAflip808 Regular Visitor

I also have this issue constantly.  I live in Hawaii.  Even after I get off a phone call, it's almost like the phone doesn't connect to the network immediately.  A short fix that i've found that works is... Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

After the phone shuts off, updates and reboots back on, dial ##UPDATE#, then Call.  Wait for the notification window and press Okay.  Then wait for the process to complete.  Should take about 20-30 seconds.  Then, after the phone shuts the antennae off and get's the signal back, reboot the phone.  Then see if it works. 

Kinda sad we have to do this... Sprint should have this issue resolved before even sending out the iPhones...

Hope this helps guys...

• 6. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    vgan1 Newbie

None of these suggestions has worked for me.  MMS has never worked once since I activated my iPhone 4S.  Cannot send group text messages or send or receive photos.

It was happening in los angeles and support told me there was an outage in my area, but now I'm in new york and the problem persists...

• 7. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    onlineguy Newbie

I live in Washington DC and can't send text messages (same problem as everyone else). iMessage works fine. Reset the network settings as suggested but this had no effect. Guess it's time to call Sprint and complain.

• 8. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    Drew0729 Regular Visitor

Don't waste your time. Been having the same issues along with outgoing calls being affected...basically its couple hundred dollar paper weight with a 90+ dollar bill every month. Completely regret switching from ATT

• 9. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    VEGAS341602 Regular Visitor

The thing im starting to hate most is sprints answer to all problems is "theres an outage there". Give me a break. Use some other excuse like you network wasn't ready for the iPhone like you said it was. AT&T had the same issue. Sucks but I switched from ATt a few years ago and honestly I was actually happy but I kinda knew when they got the iPhone I was going to run into some of the same issues as with att but at least with sprint I can get a credit for an inconvenience fee. I was told this by support. I even got a claim number if I didn't get it. I know I don't want to wait to long before they get all the kinks worked out though. Keep up the hard work sprint I know you guys will get this fixed. Haven't failed me yet.

• 10. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S

well im not having problems sending text messages, just picture mail...and like i said its mainly in the evenings, why would i have trouble with iphone sending picture mail and i didnt with my regular phone before with sprint.....?

• 11. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    jackwagons11 Regular Visitor

same here its ****!!!!!!! tampa florida cant send a freaking picture !

• 12. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    RippGUtt Regular Visitor

That sucks.. I haven't experienced any of those issues.

• 13. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    NBTX2002 Newbie

I have troubles getting MMS to send...  Sometimes they go through, more often they fail.

• 14. Issue with MMS on IPhone 4S
    meetthewongs Newbie

For the group text problem, this is what worked for me: go to Settings>Messages>turn group text "OFF" then wait a while, then resend

I think the problem is that the iPhone 4S (**** you siri!!) is trying to send your group texts as "iMessage" texts to a group which everyone can respond to like a group chat, a feature on iphone 4.  This way, you only get charged one text everytime, instead of every text to each contact.  I think.  I found this out from searching for a solution for this on this page actually.  I did this and my messages were sent instead of the red "!" so it worked for me... but it charges you for a text to every contact in your group.

Maybe if you go to "MMS" under settings, it'll fix the mms problem?? my mms worked fine from the get-go...

Hope this helps someone...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...