1 2 3 4 Previous Next 48 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2012 11:32 PM by walipscomb Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    Liquid-X Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

I don't have, or is not returning any iPhone, but I do know a handful  of people (18 to be exact) who did. The people I knew also brought  other people that they knew, to Sprint, which all of them too are  returning their iphone. Most came of them came from Verizon and tested  out Sprint's iPhone on the Sprint Network. They said "they rather pay  extra for something that actually work, instead of less to get an  unlimted amount of nothing". It actually make sense. Sprint's coverage  map is TOTALLY false. I travel alot and in a lot of city that Sprint  claims to have good coverage, I had trouble getting any. Cities that  I've worked in that actually have decent receptions, were Ballwin, East  Saint Louis, San Francisco, North Sac, Wausa, North Chicago and Los  Angeles. Currently, I'm in Milwaukee (within city limits) right now and  while internet connection here is a joke, I'm even lucky to have a solid  connection between every other phone call. It gets worst in North Hi  Mount and Waukesha. As I continue to get more and more drop calls/slow  speeds, T-Mobile's $49.99 unlimited plan is starting to look very good  to me. Sad that, for such a crappy company, they have better coverage  and faster internet speed than sprint (at least here in Milwaukee and in  a lot of cities that I've worked in).

I wonder how Sprint's "Network Vision" is going to turn out.

AMYPOCINO wrote:

Just wondering how many people are actually returning or have returned the new iPhone.  I have returned 2 of the new phones to go back to my old ones.

Continue a running total at the bottom of your reply.

18  people that I know + 9 of their firends (2 of their friends opened 2  lines, so that's an extra 2) + 2 of yours = 18 + 9 + 2 + 2 = 31 (and I bet there's a whole lot more)

• 16. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    Valued Member

t-mobile doesnt exsist where i live  att&t , is crappy service anywhere you go.   Verizon and sprint are the only ones that work here, Sprint is affordable, the phone is fast, and works great for me. However, if I must, because of slow speeds on sprint, but personally, my phone is extremly fast with verizon, I even drove out in the country listening to the police scanner on the data connection, and no disruptions what so ever!

• 17. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    scf48 Expert

AMYPOCINO wrote:

I am in the Philadelphia metro area.  Southern New Jersey.  Nothing but slow all the way from the eastern edge of Philly to Atlantic City.

You can extend that west to at least Reading and north up to the Poconos.  Plus in NEPA, you barely get a signal at all.

• 18. Re: How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    donbs Newbie

I have been a Srpint customer since the early 90's and I am leaving Sprint going to AT&T.  I bought a iphone 4s through the presale.  I received it on 10/14.  The average 3g speeds were .1 to .3 megabytes per second.  On 10/23, I decided to return the phone to a corporate store like their website stated I could.  The store stated I could not return my phone because I passed the 14 day window for returns.  I told them that I did not get my phone in the mail until the 14th but they said it did not matter because I ordered it on 10/7.  I called customer service and they stated I would have to mail the phone back even though their policy clearly stated I could return it to the store.  Not only does their speed suck but their customer service does as well.  The store tried to bully me into keeping the phone by stating they were going to charge me a $350 early termination fee because I had the phone over 14 days.  I finally returned my phone via mail and reactivated my epic 4g.  I have been paying the extra $10 fees for 4g for almost 2 years and no 4g in sight for Detroit.  My epic is still only downloading .1 to .3 megabytes per second.  Sprint is ditching its wimax for lte so if sprint never could get wimax in Detroit, I have no faith Sprint will get LTE in the next 5 years.  They are not investing anything in 3g service so the speeds will never get better on the iphone 4s so ditch Sprint while you can.

• 19. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    AMYPOCINO Newbie

We finally closed our Sprint account after 11 years and went with AT&T.  The speeds are night and day.  I can now truly ENJOY the iPhone vs WAIT for it to work.  Many times I am within wi-fi areas but when I am not, I want the service to work.  So I believe 2 gigs will serve me just fine.

I will say that Sprint agreed to waive our activation fees, $10 data fees, and also our restocking fees even after we closed our account.  This speaks volumes and if Sprint can get their network to perform as it should I would consider going back.

• 20. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    4Sucksdaiphone Newbie

Well, I'm here to add to the list. Like everyone else I have extremely low data speeds, i was hoping it get better but only has gotten worst. As of this past sunday when i called sprint about my iphone they told me to clear network settings and dial a ##....# number, since then i NO LONGER CAN HOLD 3G anywhere. I also been getting a huge amount of drop calls. I had 3 drop calls within 10-15 minutes. If it was a phone issue i figured other carriers would have the same problem, they dont!!

Sorry for the long story, i needed to vent.

For everyone who return the phone in store that paid cash, how much did you get back?

did you get a full refund?

I ask this due to the fact once i cancel im heading striaght to a verizon store or att store. let me know thanks.

• 21. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    Liquid-X Regular Visitor

I use to get good coverages but ever since the iPhone came out, coverages went from good to bad to worst. Then all of a sudden, they decide to start changing everything. It seems like Sprints plans of commiting to buy 30.5 million iPhones, in order to gain subscribers, backfired. Not only are they losing lots of new iPhone subscriber, they done messed up with all their recent "changes" and lost a handful of loyal customers. If Sprints network and "changes" continues the way it does, they are going to lose even more customer (both iPhone users and loyal customers). By then, I wonder what they are going to do with all those unused iPhones. This was probably what they feared and is probably trying to make it hard for people who want to switch back to their previous carrier, or is trying to make those who bought the iPhone, keep them at all cost.

• 22. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    Hollywood167 Newbie

Well I am returning 2 on Friday, a 64gb 4s and 8gb 4.  Me and my girl had hooked up evo's with everything on them literally. We were very happy with them, but we are die hard apple lovers we own 2 MacBooks iPad2 64gb. We figured it's time for the iPhone, since we been waiting forever for. These iPhone's for sprint are the biggest joke, I have been with sprint for 12 years and never had a problem with any of the androids, so that is where I will be going.

Anyone knows what's sprint's best android phone now

• 23. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    Hollywood167 Newbie

Instead of investing there 20 billions on iPhone 4s, they should have invested 10 billions on there 3G/4g network, then another 10 billion on apple iPhone 4s.

Going back to android and if the problems still persist, I will end my career with them 12+ years

What a shame

Extremely disappointed

Don't be surprised if some one jumps off a bridge off of this, it will be on sprints head lol, then they will get sued, and then AT&T will buy them and it will be  all over lmaooo.

Over a freaking iPhone.

• 24. Re: How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    MGman61 Expert

This all came up in simple casual conversation with a few of your close friends? Are you carrying a clipboard or are you using an Excel spreadsheet to keep track?

Liquid-X wrote:

18  people that I know + 9 of their firends (2 of their friends opened 2  lines, so that's an extra 2) + 2 of yours = 18 + 9 + 2 + 2 = 31 (and I bet there's a whole lot more)

• 25. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    t5gt Regular Visitor

For everyone who return the phone in store that paid cash, how much did you get back?

did you get a full refund?

I ask this due to the fact once i cancel im heading striaght to a verizon store or att store. let me know thanks.

I orderded mine online with CC and returned to local store per a phone call to customer service.  The local store tried to charge a $35 restock free but removed that when  I requested they call thier corporate office.   No fees at all, completely free if you return in 14 days.

I think that makes 34 phones returned?  hard to keep track

• 26. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    coop042 Regular Visitor

@spencerhawkins45822- No, its not enough said. Sprints data speeds have been so slow the unlimited data is worthless. That commercial with all the cell phones rocketing up and dropping off has become comical to me. I love the Idea of unlimited data, but on a network where you cant even hit 1 let alone 2 gigs a month because of the slow speed unlimited data becomes useless. Once Im out of contract I will be looking at other providers if sprint doesnt get this fixed. 

• 27. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    Reed85 Newbie

just got back from the apple store. they said that apple and sprint are working on the speed issues. this exact same thing happened with the verizon iphone 4 launch. they ran some diagnostics on my iphone 4s and said its fine.

keep in mind this is the biggest launch that sprint has EVER had.

• 28. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    Valued Member

I have Verizon Now... I switched only because I needed to add a whole bunch of lines on my account, and someone else is willing to be on my account and pretty much pay all of it... so, I switched, because sprint couldnt allow me to have 5 lines.

• 29. How many are returning the iPhone 4S?
    itsDee08 Newbie

Mine is working just fine too! I think alot of people are jumping on the "i hate sprint" bandwagon. Now I am in no way denying that people arent haven issues but I think so many of us are forgeting that both AT&T and Verzion had these same issues when they first introduced the Iphone on their respective networks. Heck trust they are having issues right now as well. However everyone already expected the worst from sprint and some (not all) are really just playing into the hype and jumping on board for every little thing.

Trust me Ive had my issue with Sprint which is why i left them a year ago. But the issues many are having to do with one or two or so things:

1. Location

2. The phone

When I was living uptown (what they call downtown here lol) I barely got two bars on my hero or evo to save my life and there was a cell tower right across the street.However my boyfriends boost phone worked just fine. Fast forward a few months and i move a few miles away, still the same city, nowhere near a tower and what do you know? Signal city! lol Location really plays a big part with how well your cell will work.

When i first got my Evo and the majority of the time that I had it, that thing was slow! My hero was the same way. Hinting I may have just gotten a bad lemon of a phone. Funny thing is I went through 3 Hero's all had the same issue but not to many people made a ruckus about that, though I know I wasnt the only one.

Guys lets be real, we all know that no matter the network, Apple's Iphones are always know to have bugs and kinks that need to be worked out in the first few months before everything is smooth sailing. Also the influx of customers switching to sprint and other things has yes cause the network to act a bit funky for some.

I'd say give it til Christmas or the the first of 2012 for things to stablize, or if you can wait until then to activate then do so. Issues should be worked out by then.

Ive only has my cell a few days, was waiting for my number to port or migrate as they call it over from Boost (thats a whole nuther story in itself lol). But I can tell you I have all of my bars, my texts are coming in just fine, my wifi is blazing fast and I have el cheapo Netgear router and Siri just worked fine and allowed me to set to appointments for later this month.

Im sorry so many of you are having problems, hopefullu things will get working for you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...