This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2011 11:49 AM by OKIESTRO RSS

How to get a contract with Sprint?

Ulloanator Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello believe it or not I'm 20 and I've never owned a single cellphone. I have no clue on what I need to start a contract and I want to be prepared once I do go to a Sprint store.

A couple of other stuff

• I want to purchase the Iphone 4S 16GB
  • How does the credit check work? I've only worked with my Uncle so I just get paid in cash.  I've never owned a credit card to.
  • I am though an American citizen

The Plan that I'm thinking of going with:

• 450 Minutes
  • Nights & Weekends at 7 P.M

Some questions about the plan:

• Is it unlimited minutes when I talk to people with other cellphone providers
  • Is it unlimited texts when I send them to people with a different cellphone provider
  • How does the data work? For example if I'm outside and there is no wi-fi acess around and you use the 3G service do they charge you extra?

Sorry for the bother I know I can go to a store and ask these questions but lately there hasn't been time for me to go.

• 1. Re: How to get a contract with Sprint?
    Sprint Employee

Some questions about the plan:

• Is it unlimited minutes when I talk to people with other cellphone providers YES as long as you aren't roaming
    • Is it unlimited texts when I send them to people with a different cellphone provider YES
    • How does the data work? For example if I'm outside and there is no wi-fi acess around and you use the 3G service do they charge you extra? NO UNLIMITED as long as you aren't roaming

You are very welcome

You can call TeleSales at 800-777-4681 or process online account setup and equipment order -

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 2. How to get a contract with Sprint?
    Ulloanator Newbie

Can I get an explanation on what Roaming is? It's a new term for me lol

• 3. How to get a contract with Sprint?
    Sprint Employee

Here is all the legal stuff - roaming is at the bottom - one link for data and one for voice

You can also chat wioth someone at sprint.com/chat or if you are setting up account or shopping a box will pop up

We are not immediate or always available - just an fyi

Terms on conditions

Pricing information and Terms

About this plan:

**Monthly charges exclude taxes, Sprint Surcharges [incl. USF charge of up to 15.30% (varies quarterly), Administrative Charge (up to $1.99/line/mo.), Regulatory Charge ($0.40/line/mo.) & state/local fees by area]. Sprint Surcharges are not taxes or gov't-required charges and are subject to change. Some states require Sprint to collect an E-Waste Recycling Fee on certain electronic devices. Sprint has elected to pay these fees on the customer’s behalf at this time. Sprint chooses to collect Washington State B&O Fee of 0.471% of your monthly billed charges to recover its costs. For additional information, please see Sprint.com/taxesandfees.

Offer ends 3/10/2012.

Data: Excludes premium content. Email applications TV and Radio channel lineups are subject to change. See sprint.com/tvguide and sprint.com/radio. Premium content/downloads (games, ringers, songs, certain channels, etc.) are add'l charge. Text to 3rd parties to participate in promotions or other may result in add'l charges. Phone requirements: Certain phones require activation on a plan that includes data, other select plan or add-on. Premium Data Add-on: Smartphones include BlackBerry®, Android™, Windows® Mobile, Palm , Instinct® family of devices and other select devices. International services are not included. Music Premier includes select radio channels and access to discounts on wireless music downloads. TV Premier includes select channels. GPS Navigation includes: TeleNav GPS NavigatorSM for Nextel phones and select Sprint phones. Sprint Navigation for Sprint or PowerSource phones. Environment may limit GPS location information. Email includes Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Windows Live Hotmail®, AOL and more with Sprint Mobile Email and BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS). Also includes Sprint Mobile Email-Work, Microsoft Direct Push technology via Active Sync and Versamail. BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) can be added for an additional $20/mo. per line, or Worldwide data plans can be added for PDA or BlackBerry Sprint phones for $40/mo. per line when added to an Everything plan with data.

Messaging: Includes sending/receiving texts and pics/videos thru texts (MMS) or Sprint's Picture Mail only. Clicking hyperlinks connecting to web/email will incur casual data charges of $.03/kb unless data is included in your plan. SMS voice messages may incur an add'l data charge of $0.03/KB. Text to 3rd parties to participate in promos or other may result in add'l charges. International messages are $0.20 sent or received.

Talk: Additional Anytime Min.: Up to $0.45/min. Nights: Mon-Thurs. 7pm -7am; Wknds: Fri. 7pm -Mon. 7am. Partial min. charged as full min. Basic plan only Nights: Mon-Thurs. 9pm -7am; Wknds: Fri. 9pm -Mon. 7am. Partial min. charged as full min.

Mobile to Mobile: Minutes may be used when directly dialing/receiving calls from any other Sprint or Nextel device (excludes roaming, voicemail, 411 and other indirect methods).

Any Mobile, Anytime: Applies when directly dialing/receiving standard voice calls between domestic wireless numbers as determined when the call is placed using independent third-party and Sprint databases. Available with select Sprint plans and while on the Nationwide Sprint or Nextel National Networks (excludes voicemail, 411 and other indirect methods).

Voice/Data Usage Limitation: Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to limit throughput speeds, and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. Prohibited network use rules apply. See in-store materials or sprint.com/termsandconditions for specific prohibited uses.

Other Terms: Coverage not available everywhere. Nationwide Sprint Network reaches over 278 million people. The Sprint 3G Network (including roaming) reaches over 274 million people. Offers not available in all markets/retail locations or for all phones/networks. Pricing, offer terms, fees & features may vary for existing customers not eligible for upgrade. Restrictions apply. © 2011 Sprint. NASCAR® and the NASCAR logo are registered trademarks of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. All other marks are property of their respective owners.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_frequently_asked_questions_about_data_roaming/case-ib376964-20090810-121345?id16=roaming

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_frequently_asked_questions_about_voice_roaming/case-ib376964-20090810-105725?id16=roaming

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points