3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2013 12:07 PM by AlexanderS85 RSS

Experiencing very frequent dropped calls on iPhone 4S

kats410 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone else experiencing dropped calls lately from their iPhone or is it just me? It's usually in my home when this happens. I haven't really noticed dropped calls when im outside of my home (I don't really make calls when im out of the house)

I live in Whittier, CA (90601 area) This has been happening for weeks now. It used to happen when I had my Blackberry Curve, but didn't really pay attention to it since it wasn't frequently just once in a while.

Now that I have my iPhone 4S my calls drop in every single phone call I make or receive. It drops within 1 minute, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes.

I called in 4 times to Customor Service, but my calls would drop within the 5th minute or 10th minute. I'm not sure if this is an iPhone issue or not, but I had been reading on these forums about PRL 51082 (that's what I have) and I'm not sure if it has to do with that. I finally had enough time to talk to a CS representative and she ordered me a Airave to help me with the signal issue. I hope that will help. I'm just wondering is anyone else experiencing this??

• 1. Experiencing very frequent dropped calls on iPhone 4S
    BXNYM2004 Regular Visitor

I've also experienced dropped calls inside my home due to me living in a bad coverage area. Sprint also sent me an Airrave a week ago and WOW you will notice better reception with the Airrave...without it I always had 1 or 2 bars now I get full bars and NO dropped calls also 3G data is very fast when browsing, downloading apps etc...I'm not sure what PRL I have on my iPhone 4S don't even know where its located(Wish I Knew) I also make phone calls while working driving all over the place and never had any dropped calls only happened at home obviously without the Airrave cause of bad reception so I guess its not the iPhone that's having issues it might be your coverage area.

• 2. Experiencing very frequent dropped calls on iPhone 4S
    kats410 Regular Visitor

Thank You for sharing! Awesome! That's good to hear. I was getting worried that I had to get a new iPhone, but I guess it really is my area coverage, and that's great that I'll finally have good 3G data speed!. Now I can't wait to receive that Airave!  

• 3. Re: Experiencing very frequent dropped calls on iPhone 4S
    AlexanderS85 Newbie

I have the same problem in my apartment i get frequent dropped calls, i have to stand near a window or go out side to get a clear call. I'm in the basement level, but with windows, were not that far down because the building is on a hill. However i would like to get a air wave i called sprint and they told me i have to have more cell phones on one plan to get it for free. I cant afford to pay for one. I wish they could give me one for free since i have such awful coverage in my area. And the fact that i use my cell phone as my main phone.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...