This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2011 3:47 PM by KRISTI6768 RSS

Already shafted by Sprint

ThanatosXR Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Bought the phone on the first, got it on the 5th(UPS) and its charging me as a month when I hadnt even had it yet and wants me to pay before I've even had it for a month.

*** Sprint. a month means 30 days not 5 days before I had the product

sprint.png

• 1. Already shafted by Sprint
    robotaholic Gold Expert

This post doesn't show enough.  I do not know if you have had service before, what the itemized list of charges are that make up that 105.00.  Could you please provide more information? 

thank you

-John

• 2. Already shafted by Sprint
    ThanatosXR Regular Visitor

I didn't have Sprint before

• 3. Already shafted by Sprint
    hurricanehearted Valued Member

Probably because Sprint BILLS A MONTH IN ADVANCE. Like OTHER wireless providers. Btw, it's in your T's and C's that you signed/agreed to when you set up service.

• "Your next bill may be higher than normal. It may include a partial month of service from your first few days, plus your next full month of service as we bill a month in advance. I encourage you to go to sprint.com, select Support > Accounts > Basics to learn more about your bill."
  • 4. Already shafted by Sprint
    bonber Newbie

Billing a month in advance on the first bill is not unusual, HOWEVER if you get a second bill and the charges are repeated this is not customary. The same thing happened to me and I am demanding a credit, you should as well. If no credit is forthcoming and I learn this is the norm with Sprint I plan to initiate a class action lawsuit.  Let me know what happens, I need feedback from as many Sprint customers as possible.  Also check your contract.  Is there anything that states you agree to pay a month in advance?  There is nothing in mine.

• 5. Already shafted by Sprint
    VorlessDarkChaos Silver Expert

bonber wrote:

Billing a month in advance on the first bill is not unusual, HOWEVER if you get a second bill and the charges are repeated this is not customary. The same thing happened to me and I am demanding a credit, you should as well. If no credit is forthcoming and I learn this is the norm with Sprint I plan to initiate a class action lawsuit.  Let me know what happens, I need feedback from as many Sprint customers as possible.  Also check your contract.  Is there anything that states you agree to pay a month in advance?  There is nothing in mine.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml?ECID=vanity:termsandconditions

The Service Agreement

These Ts&Cs are part of your service agreement with us (the "Agreement") and constitute a contract under which we provide you Services under terms and conditions that you accept. THIS CONTRACT CONTAINS A MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION THAT DISALLOWS CLASS ACTIONS, A CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISION, AND A JURY WAIVER PROVISION. In addition to these Ts&Cs, there are several parts of the Agreement, which includes but is not limited to the following: the subscriber agreement or transaction materials that you sign or accept; (ii) the plan(s) that you chose as set forth in our written services and transaction materials that we provide or refer you to during the sales transaction (if your service plan is not specifically set forth in any printed materials, the requirements and terms set forth in the current written services and transaction materials apply, excluding the monthly charge and number of minutes included in your service plan); (iii) any confirmation materials and invoices that we may provide to you; and (iv) the terms set forth in the coverage map brochures. It is important that you carefully read all of the terms of the Agreement.

• 6. Already shafted by Sprint
    bonber Newbie

Such clauses in consumer contracts, known as adhesion clauses because the consumer has no option to negotiate, have been challenged, although not always with success.  For example:

Darcy Ting, individually and on behalf of all others similarly

situated, and Consumer Action, a non-profit membership

organization, both as private attorneys general, brought suit

against AT&T, alleging that AT&T’s Consumer Services

Agreement (“CSA”) violates California’s Consumer Legal

Remedies Act and that state’s Unfair Practices Act by barring

customers from, among other things, pursuing claims against

AT&T on a classwide basis. Finding the CSA unconscionable

and in violation of California public policy, the district court

issued a permanent injunction against enforcement of sections

4 and 7 of the CSA. See Ting v. AT&T, 182 F. Supp. 2d 902

• 7. Already shafted by Sprint
    VorlessDarkChaos Silver Expert

bonber wrote:

Such clauses in consumer contracts, known as adhesion clauses because the consumer has no option to negotiate, have been challenged, although not always with success.  For example:

Darcy Ting, individually and on behalf of all others similarly

situated, and Consumer Action, a non-profit membership

organization, both as private attorneys general, brought suit

against AT&T, alleging that AT&T’s Consumer Services

Agreement (“CSA”) violates California’s Consumer Legal

Remedies Act and that state’s Unfair Practices Act by barring

customers from, among other things, pursuing claims against

AT&T on a classwide basis. Finding the CSA unconscionable

and in violation of California public policy, the district court

issued a permanent injunction against enforcement of sections

4 and 7 of the CSA. See Ting v. AT&T, 182 F. Supp. 2d 902

I never knew,anyway it is something to new learn about.

• 8. Already shafted by Sprint
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

Hurricanehearted wrote "Probably because Sprint BILLS A MONTH IN ADVANCE. Like OTHER wireless providers."

Except T-Mobile.  They bill in arrears. 

Cheers,

• 9. Already shafted by Sprint
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Billing is done in advance and are due to be paid prior to the next bill.  Yes this is common with all post paid carriers  you get to use the service before you pay for it.  A pre paid service requires you to pay before any service can be used at all. 

So if you start service on the first of the Jan with a billing date of  the 4th of the month   you will receive a bill on about the 8th of the month for  for the service and usage from the first to the fourth of Jan. plus the monthly fees and taxes on the account for the period 5 Jan to 4 Feb.  This bill will have a due date of about  of about the 28th of Jan.   Any usage over what is covered by the monthly fees between 5 Jan and 4 Feb will not appear on the bill which would be received about 8 Feb. 

• 10. Already shafted by Sprint
    FR97305 Newbie

They're charging me in advance. I've been with sprint for many years & I do not recall ever being charged a month in advance just for switching my plan!

• 11. Already shafted by Sprint
    KRISTI6768 Newbie

I have never been charged a month in advance for changing my plan.  It usually goes on the next billing cycle.  It will depend on when your billing cycle is.  Mine is on the 25th of each month. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...