5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2011 2:57 PM by jessie.g.bolado RSS

I can't hear my notification ringtone

Megapunkboy Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

To start off, my notification sound is NOT set to silent. So after I deleted the zedge app from my phone (with all the ringtones and everything) my phone doesn't want to give me a notification sound for when I recieve text messages. It works perfectly fine for emails and facebook notifications but when it comes to text messages it is completely silent. I have made sure that when I go to the notification ringtone of the sounds options I choose a notification ringtone. However when I do get a text message it still comes up as silent. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• 1. I can't hear my notification ringtone
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

If you have or had a 3rd party app that controlled this setting before, it may have corrupted that setting.  Is this an Android phone?  Can you hear the ringtone when you're selecting it from the notifications settings?  Have you cleared application data from your manage applications settings?  It's going to be one of these elements that's more than likely the culprit.  I remmber when I cleared my "Messaging" data from this menu, it reset my ringtone back to the default.  See if that works. 

Home - Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - All (at the top) - Messaging (or whatever your phone's manufacturer calls your texting app. 

Tom

• 2. I can't hear my notification ringtone
    Megapunkboy Newbie

To answer your questions in order. 1. Yes it is an android phone. 2.Yes I can hear the ringtone when I select it. 3. I have not tried clearing the messages data, I will do so and get back to you. Hopefully this solves my problem

• 3. I can't hear my notification ringtone
    Megapunkboy Newbie

It worked perfectly! Thanks Tom!

• 4. I can't hear my notification ringtone
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

You're welcome!

• 5. Re: I can't hear my notification ringtone
    jessie.g.bolado Newbie

I too am having this problem now. I did the directios that Tom gave you but when I got there everything was listed at 0 and there was nothing to clear, as if there is nothing there to clear, all at 0 across the board. I tried taking out the battery for a while and that did not work. I have android and zedge ringtones and notifications. I tried using just the android and the ones that came with the phone and still it only vibrates, no sound for notifications. I checked the volumes and they're all on high. I checked the silent settings and are not on silent. I don't want to set back to factory settings. I hate having gmail and facebook on this but it tells me if I take them off it will cause problems with other things and will lose my contacts on the phone. Gmail sync screwed up my contacts at Gmail because I didn't know if I deleted on my phone it controlled everything at gmail as well. How ridiculous. Any other suggestions? I may end up wiping everything out and then manually entering all my contacts by hand so I won't have to deal with gmail on my phone. If I want to look up email on my phone I'd rather go to the web cuz I get more features. Blah.

Karen

******* sorry, I thought this was the Galaxy S discussion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...