This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 6:45 PM by stefeeeee Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 15. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    piskopri Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

This too is happening to me, I called SPRINT over 10x and it was working for a day and now not working again. However my issue is only with Verizon customers not other networks.

• 16. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    waterboy903 Newbie

Same problem here in Southeast Virgina, I have two Sprint phones on a family account and we are both having problems receiving texts, as someone else stated, it seems to only be from Verizon customers that texts are lost..the two phones are EVO 4G and EVO 3D, I do not think it is phone related

• 17. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    piskopri Newbie

I called this morning AGAIN, and it's been escalated one more time. My ticket is still open, this is so frustrating because it has been over a week and most of my contacts are on the Verizon network. I expect a credit on my account, to pay for a service and not receive-aggravating!

• 18. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    rollinsgirl Newbie

I am also noticing that I am not getting my text messages when they are sent to me. It takes about 1-2 hours for me to recieve the message(s). I did not port my number from another carrier, I upgraded from my previous phone to the iPhone 4S. I am not using it near an airave. Right now it is only happening with one phone number that I know of. The person I am having problems with is also on Sprint. The problem is when I try to receive a response from people. They will receive my text and proceed to respond to my text, but I do not receive their response.

I did not have this problem when I had the HTC Hero. With that said I will not go back to using an Android phone and I will not try a BB. I will change providers if I must take any plan of action, since I am not seeing this issue with either Verizon or AT&T.

• 19. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    ChelseaCakes Newbie

I am having the same issue. I can only recieve phone calls from verizon. Sprint really needs to take care of these issues. I'm getting tired of sprint not stepping up. i should be able to get texts from all the other networks

• 20. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    Tyrone_Biggums Newbie

Just noticed today that my wife and I were not getting text messages from each other ( both iphone 4s) but would get texts from everyone else sprint and non sprint.

Was able to text other iphone users with different carriers.

Went into "settings"  "messages"  and disable imessage and all is normal....

I know imessage is supposed to defeat any data usage from your carrier going iphone to iphone but is this a sprint thing to allow data usage tracking/billing to the non - unlimited data plan people????

Kinda like charging you $ 29/mo extra to tether when you are already paying for unlimited data to begin with....

• 21. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    toothlessgiant Newbie

not the case.  my gf is on verizon and i have had 0 dropped messages from her... i think.

• 22. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    toothlessgiant Newbie

tyrone_B.  i have gotten messages and not gotten messages from other IOS5/4S users

• 23. Re: Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    toothlessgiant Newbie

i'm having this issue and i have google voice enabled.  do you guys use google voice as well?  the messages that i don't get i have in google voice.  so i just use google voice app as my main dialer/messager which seems to work.... but annoying.

• 24. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    EMIAM24 Newbie

Did you ever receiv a solution to this issue?  I just upgraded to an iPhone 4s about 2 weeks ago and, as of 2 days ago, have trouble sending and receiving texts, and can't call anyone or receive incoming calls.  For some reason this seems to happen just at night.  I too contacted Sprint, did the ##update# thing, it didn't work, then was told that they would fix it on their end and to wait 30 mins before using the phone for text or email.  I was assured it would work after that.  It still isn't.  I'm so frustrated right now, I'm ready to drop Sprint completely.

• 25. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    SteveNem11 Newbie

New iPhone 4s

I could send out texts and receive replies to the sent text

I could not receive new texts from anyone

I had to disable iMessage in settings...mail

My wife had to do the same with her iPhone 4

Not sure if this makes a difference but each of our phones were linked to our iPads with iMessage.  Now That iMessage is disabled and the links to the iPad cut everything seems to work ok.

• 26. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    dulcesz88 Newbie

im real fustrated also i been having the same issues & they replacded my sim card then the same thing happened so they sent mea replacement iphone 4s now that its activated it started happening again Now whats wrong i dont undertstand my calls work and so does my internet But my TEXT MSgs WONT !!! super fustrated

Does ANyone have an answer!!!

• 27. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    ALEXEI_2001 Regular Visitor

Hi,

I think that I solved this by going to google.com/voice, clicking the settings "gear", click settings, under the "Sprint mobile phone" section, check the "Receive text messages on this phone" checkbox.

It sounds like this gets unchecked for some reason.

Now I get text messages in both the google voice app and the ios messages app.

• 28. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    LoriVentrone Newbie

I am having the same issue in Pittsburgh, I got the Iphone4s and around 3 of my friends cannot text me, I can text/call them but I do not receive messages from them. HELPPPPPPPPPPP

• 29. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    PhysicsGuru Expert

The iPhone uses a proprietary messaging service (iMesssage) in addition to SMS/MMS messaging available on all devices. First you need to check if your friends are trying to message you from iPhone via iMessage. If so, then you need to turn this service on to receive them. Otherwise just leave this service off. You can turn this service off on the device in Settings > Messages > Send as SMS. You find more information about these messaging features here. Because Google Voice has been mentioned earlier in this post, I need to ask. Do you use Google Voice? If so, I can address that seperately.

If not, here are some additional steps you can perform before calling tech support. First you want to check the obvious mistakes like, is your sender using your full ten digits to message you. If the sending party is only messaging your seven digit number or is including a 1 or +1 before your area code these messages will not be sent.

Second, Make sure you have MMS messaging turned on by going to Settings > Messages. If the opposite party is sending you pictures, docs or movies, these will not be delivered unless you have MMS turn on.

Third, I know it seems silly sometimes but always powercycle your device whenever you’re having issues. I am surprised everyday at the number of issues this step can fix.

Lastly, reset your network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You will know if this completed successfully when your phone displays 3G next to Sprint in the top left of the screen (and not an O).

If your still having issues, backup your device via iTunes/iCloud before calling tech support and call us from a telephone line other then the iPhone that is giving you issues. When you call we can check for network issues in your area, assist you in updating/resetting your network settings and reset/restore your devices if necessary. You can find information about backing up your devices at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...