This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2012 5:55 PM by abe2020 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    jstrk Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

I just sent a text message to my phone with picture and it downloaded.  The other day a friend with Sprint sent me a picture and it downloaded just fine.  We are both using the Handcent App for texting.  I've had more than one friend on Verizon send me a text msg with picture and at least one on Sprint, and that's when I had the issue downloading the attachment. Maybe they are doing something wrong on their end.

Thanks

• 16. HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    rotomech Newbie

I have had the same problem with my daughters phone. HTC EVO SHIFT 4G. Two replacement phones. two calls to tech support. factory reset. battery removal. phone settings. can't send or receive in text. doesn't matter carrier, verizon, sprint, etc. Hit "download" button and get " service denied". went into account and checked for blocks and permission settings..... everything is good there. Has to be deep in sprint system somewhere. Tried advanced support, kept getting disconnected, very frustrating. been a sprint customer long, long time.

• 17. HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    weberyan Newbie

I am having the same issue  on my EVO.  Not using WI-FI and it used to work before.  Getting "message not downloaded, unknown error" or the message just shows "downloading..." Has anyone been able to get a fix for this?

• 18. HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    KIACONN Newbie

I had this problem with my new HCT Shift. Go to settings then system updates, and choose the HTC software update. Make sure your battery is charged. After the update go back to text you should be able to download now.

• 19. Re: HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    KCMURIL Newbie

I have the HTC EVO 4G and I am not having any luck with getting my pictures from text that people are sending me. I tired to update but I am at the latest verson, also retarting, updating firmware, updating profile, and updating PRL. I also did the battery cycle, plus did find that I don't have a 3rd party photo message receiver. I am kind of techie but this has me quite interested on the final solution. Also I am on 3G trying to download the picture, but also tried to do 4G and WiFi. When I hit download it just stays like if it download but I have been downloading for the past two/three days. Not cool. Still no pictures...but I see them on pictures.sprintpcs.com, that does not do me any good when I want to save them onto the device. And I almost forgot I went ahead on sending myself a photo too without any results. And I deleted any old pictures waiting to be downloading thinking that might help with the order of downloads being in Queue. Again nothing, no pictures.

• 20. HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    Lillian4006 Newbie

It could be a connectivity problem. I had the same issue. I called Sprint customer service line for help. They tried to reset my phone with out doing a "hard reset" but no luck. Eventually they decided they would send me a new phone. But I still wasn't ready to give up on my phone (I had so much info on my phone I didnt want to lose it). So I started looking my message settings again. I noticed that in the "Connection settings" all of the fields (Name,MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS port, MMS protocol) were empty. Of course, I didn't know what should go in each field, so out I frustration I decided to HARD RESET my phone(losing most of my info). After that, all the fields was filled and I was able to receive and send pictures messages. Just in case it happens again, I wrote down all the information in each field so I can enter everything manually.

• 21. HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    GForceTech2 Newbie

I had the same problem:  Unable to download message - Service Denied, I had my Sprint Hot Spot turned on at the time. So I turned off the Sprint Hot Spot and everything was fine, downloaded OK.

• 22. HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    CDFF Regular Visitor

I have the HTC EVO and can not open picture text. It says downloading and nothing happens. please help!

• 23. Re: HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    LMCELVANY Newbie

I am having the same problem with my phone.

It acts like it is downloading the pictures and it never does.

what do i do??

• 24. Re: HTC EVO- can't recieve pictures in text
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

LMCELVANY-Are any of you using the WIFI connection on your device? If so, you need to make sure you disable WIFI and connect using either the 3G or 4G connection.

Thanks

Abe

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points