This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2011 12:57 PM by andi011 RSS

Bluetooth issues

NorskDad Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have a new LG bt headset. It will paire with the Intercept but it still does not work.

I turned on bt, made my device visible, and scanned for the headset. There it is, pushed "Paired with" and  get the pairing request "accept".

MY headset confirms the pairing with a beep (No pass word), but the Intercept does not show the "Locked" bt sign on top. Just the basic bt antenna sign.

It does NOT work. I bought 4 sets for all our phones. The Blackberry works great. Guess that will be my next phone...

HELP

• 1. Bluetooth issues
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

What is  your  Bluetooth headset model?.Check the manual  to make sure Bluetooth Headset is compatible with the Phone that you're using.

• 2. Bluetooth issues
    NorskDad Newbie

LG HBM-230

Bt spec v2.1+EDR

• 3. Bluetooth issues
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

If you have the manual with you, just reset the Bluetooth Headset by pressing the call button or power button for couple of seconds. Refer to manual for pairing instruction. Also, make sure delete any profile that on the phone. Turn off blue tooth and then turn it back on, make sure Visible- always visible, then search for new devices. Once you see the device. enter passkey (1234 default passkey) unless otherwise specified in the manual and save.

Hope this helps.

• 4. Bluetooth issues
    NorskDad Newbie

Yes it does help. How ever I have attempted that several times.

My phone does not ask for a password. It "sees" the headset, and connects. I then receive a confirmation "beep" in the headset, but it does not work.

I guess a trip the store is in order.

Thanks for trying to help.

• 5. Bluetooth issues
    NorskDad Newbie

I just tried with my other Intercept, and the result was the same.

Either the units are not comparable or the phones have issues...

• 6. Bluetooth issues
    andi011 Regular Visitor

The phone is a worthless piece of ****.  The bluetooth will not work.  i have the same problem and I have a jawbone bluetooth - top of the line - bought for me by my boss for work.  Too bad for me.  I'm going to the sprint store today to try to get my 1 year upgrade I was promised when I bought the phone and switched from ATT, even though I have discovered from reaading the forums the 1 yr upgrade was discontinued.  ***???  Really!?!?!?!  This is the worst phone I have ever had to deal with.  I have a confrence call tomorrow for my work and I have no idea how I'm going to do it since I need to use the bluetooth because it's computer training.  I need 2 hands to type.  I can't put it on speaker because i work in a medical office and we have patients.  I have never had this bad of an experience with a phone in my life.  I have been dealing with it because i bought the phones last july and my 1 year is up so I should be able to upgrade. (my son has the same phone and the same problems)... grrrrr...i'm just so fed up i can't even put into words how I feel about it.  I hope I have more luck than everyone else seems to be having.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points