13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 6:53 PM by t6303jh RSS

Problems of my Phone Connect calls

MICKEYDM08 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

1) -I thought my Phone Connect sounded great but 4 people are getting an echo when they talk to me. Is there a setting that can correct this? Anyone had this happen? Thought it was just happening when calling a cell phone but it occurred with a land line in the same area.

I have the phone volume set very high but don't see how that would effect the other end talker.

2) - When attempting to make a call, it frequently will not go through giving error message that the number is invalid- check the area code, when the number is correct. Redial usually goes through except for one number that is valid. something wrong but what?

• 1. Problems of my Phone Connect calls
    Justanuff48 Newbie

Whoop, I have the same problem!!

• 2. Problems of my Phone Connect calls

I had an online chat session with Sprint where the agent updated my phone software remotely. I was able to make a call to a previously unconnectable number but the echo didn't go away. The unit was replaced at point of purchase but no success yet for clear conversation. Taking it back WITH a land phone so they can test it. I was really thrilled with this device; now very dissapointed in performance.

• 3. Problems of my Phone Connect calls

Received this in email but don't know where it is posted in the forums:

"Sprint is looking into these reports. Will everyone who has experienced  echo on the Phone Connect please post the specific make and model of the  phone that is being used here on this forum so that engineers can test,  thanks!"

I have 4 days left of warranty so it would be better for me to know the make/model of phones that don't get the echo so I can test before my 14 days are up.

• 4. Re: Problems of my Phone Connect calls
    BeaArthur Bronze Expert

Hi guys, yeah I tried to post that info there but I think I accidentally deleted my post somehow. Take 2...Action.

Sprint is looking into these reports. Will everyone who has experienced echo on the Phone Connect please post the specific make and model of the phone that is being used here on this forum so that engineers can test, thanks!

Example: Panasonic PX100 Cordless Phone

• 5. Re: Problems of my Phone Connect calls

Location 1:

1) Western Electric. The Trimline Phone Bell System Property Not For Sale.

2) Uniden. 900 MHz. cordless phone.

3) Radio Shack, Model 43-5018; this won't even dial out.

Location 2:

AT&T Answering machine/phone combo. can't state the model at this time as it is 40 mi away.

Please, what phones do not get echo?????

• 6. Re: Problems of my Phone Connect calls
    Justanuff48 Newbie

I powered my unit down for 15 minutes and then powered back on. The echo seems to have gone away. Maybe a firmware issue. Waiting to see if the fix is permanent.

• 7. Problems of my Phone Connect calls
    MrZimmy699669 Newbie

I agree with you ...  I think there are firmware updates being pushed.  When I first setup my SPC, i had really weird DTMF issues, where if I called a number where they wanted me to make key presses, you would press a key, and you would hear an extended DTMF.  This forced you to push numbers slowly otherwise they would overlap.

I powered down the device last night, and powered it back up, and now those issues are gone ...

• 8. Re: Problems of my Phone Connect calls

After spending close to 4 hours at Sprint point of purchase, they have decided that the echo at recipients end is a network issue and are going to work on it Mon-Tues.

I wanted to try Phone Connect with a different number but did not want to lose my  ported home phone number. However, I figured out how to do that in that the existing home /ported number can be ported into Google voice system then Sprint can assign  another number to my account to see if that solves the problem.

Problem is that when the number ports, it will cancel my account  with Sprint unless agents are aware of the porting and my intention to keep  Sprint with new number. Can this be done?

• 9. Problems of my Phone Connect calls
    1WISHINGWELL Newbie

We are also having the echo problem. We have a Panasonic  KX- TGA0600B cordless. I will try powering down the unit to see if that helps as described in previous posts.

• 10. Problems of my Phone Connect calls
    ESPC Regular Visitor

Good information everyone!  Sprint is working on a fix for this.  More information to come.  I hope that the experience is resolved soon.

• 11. Problems of my Phone Connect calls

1WISHINGWELL wrote:

We are also having the echo problem. We have a Panasonic  KX- TGA0600B cordless. I will try powering down the unit to see if that helps as described in previous posts.

The echo has been identified as a network issue and I'm still waiting for the fix after 2 wks. I'm about to pull the plug because no one wants to talk to me. Plus I'm having other issues like Voicemail says there are 3 saved messages but I can only listen 2 one.

Did you happen to port your land line phone number to the Sprint Phone Connect?

• 12. Problems of my Phone Connect calls
    rene1342 Regular Visitor

why cant i use a phone card???? it will go through but when i put the pin it aint working.... i use my neighbor house phone (notsprint) it works perfectly!!! Sprint u guys should atleast let us use a phone card to call international!

• 13. Re: Problems of my Phone Connect calls
    t6303jh Newbie

I'm having the same problem (as well as others on this discussion). I noticed many saying they have a Panasonic wireless handset, including me. I switched out the Panasonic wireless with a Sony "hardwired" handset. THE ECHO WENT AWAY. I tested this several times with a Net 10 cell phone, it worked. I also have an At&T cell. It experienced the echo but not as severely, but even this mild echo went away when I switched the Panasonic with the Sony. It may be that the difference is wireless vs hardwired handset that makes the difference, not necessarily Panasonic vs Sony.  Sprint service - please try this and confirm. Would appreciate it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points