This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2012 11:35 PM by Panzer06 RSS

Sprint Airave

dr82 Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone else having any issues with the airave not working correctly.  I have had one for a month or so and sprint is already having to send me another on because they claim it is defective.  I know they are having issues with texting but haven't been told if they are working on a fix.

• 1. Sprint Airave
    robotaholic Gold Expert

I apologize that you are having the texting issue.  Not everyone has this problem...and I can confirm that we are working on a fix.  I get calls about it every day.  It can be very frustrating...especially when 3 phones on an account work just fine...and another phone (which is the exact same model) has the problem...  We are actively working on a firmware update that we will push out through it's internet connection.

-John

• 2. Sprint Airave
    Larryt1971 Expert

The texting issues (along with other issues) I had with the Airvana were so bad that I had to go back to the original Samsung Airave.  I will never use an Airvana again.  The Motorola Photon has compatibility issues with the Airvana.

• 3. Sprint Airave
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

Mine works very well with the Samsung Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch).  Making calls and texting works great for me.  Had it for about 6 weeks. 

Cheers,

• 4. Re: Sprint Airave
    Dinoroid Newbie

Can you give us an update on how your text messaging is working with your Airave?  My Evo continues to be a big issue and Sprint says this is a known issue and there is no resultion.

• 5. Re: Sprint Airave
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

Dinoroid wrote:

Can you give us an update on how your text messaging is working with your Airave?  My Evo continues to be a big issue and Sprint says this is a known issue and there is no resultion.

No problems at all with my Epic 4G Touch (SGS2) making calls or texting behind the Airvana. When I received this I was told they were shipping an airave but I just looked at the writing on it and its an Airvana. Don't know if that makes a difference but it's wkg fine. 

Cheers,

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...