IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot

ak77 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone knows?

• 1. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    SprintCares Sprint Employee

Hi,

I have listed some information below to help your with Sprint hotspot on the iPhone 4S:

Set Up as a Wi-Fi Hotspot

From the home screen, tap Settings.

Note: Sprint requires a separate Mobile Hotspot service plan  in order to use this device as a mobile hotspot.

Data usage without a data add-on or data-included plan is 3 cents/KB. Please  consult your service plan for details. International Data roaming may incur  additional charges.

Sprint coverage and rates are subject to change at any time without notice.  Check www.sprint.com/international for current rates and coverage  prior to travel. Not all devices are capable of roaming everywhere service is  available; contact Sprint Worldwide Care for details.

Scroll to and tap General.

Tap Network.

Tap Set Up Personal Hotspot.

Tap the Wi-Fi Password field.

Enter the desired Password and tap Done.

Note: This is the password others will use to connect to the personal hotspot.

Tap the Personal Hotspot switch to enable the feature.

Tap the Personal Hotspot switch to enable the feature.

Thank you for your choosing Sprint,

----George

• 2. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    Expert

3 cents a KB?  What the??????

So 2 GB's will cost you about $60,000?  Or am I doing some math wrong?

• 3. Re: IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Please keep in mind that this is a casual usage price "without a data add-on" and would not be part of using your phone as a hotspot, since you would be required to have a plan that includes data and you would have the hotspot plan.

• 4. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    Levi4u Master

Data charges if going over the new 5gb cap is $.05/MB, Also if data roaming it's limited to 300MB, Which is NOT seperated from phone roaming data usage.

• 5. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    Expert

I knew it was $30 for 5 gigs/mo.  I am just curious as why the Spint rep would mention it being 3 cents/kb as opposed to recommending and telling the OP how to set it up for the $30/5gig plan?

• 6. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

I believe they had taken that information from official documentation, that refers to the default rate for casual use of data if a phone does not have a data plan.

• 7. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    Expert

So if you have a data plan it automatically sets you up for the $30/5gigs plan?

Whats the one day plans?

RC1024 wrote:

I believe they had taken that information from official documentation, that refers to the default rate for casual use of data if a phone does not have a data plan.

• 8. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    Levi4u Master

No, It's just a standard warning. If you want the HotSpot you have to subscribe. The "one day" plans are not really one day plans, But with Add ons they pro-rate the charges and they can be added/removed and only charged for the days activated.

• 9. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    Valued Member

And then there is the alternative Jailbreaking the phone and using MyWi, (which I will tell you now if you use this app and Sprint finds out about it, they have everyright to terminate your contract for not obiding by the terms and conditions of the contract). Now that I got the part that a moderator would have told you out of the way. When I had AT&T I used MyWi all the time, as of now I have no need for it but the choice is ultimately yours, Please note. It's not illegal to use this app nor is it illegal to jailbreak the phone, however, jailbreaking will void your warranty with apple (well worth it in my opinion) and using MyWi is considered a breach in contract with Sprint and, if caught, can get the hotspot automatically added to your account (at the least) or account terminated (at the extreme most). So far havent heard of Sprint finding anybody doing it but that doesnt mean anything. So up to you. I posted this so you would know your options.

Sprint - $30/mo 5GB

MyWi - $9.99 for the app and free afterwards - Unlimited tethering by wifi, usb, and bluetooth

• 10. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
    lilgeekygirl Bronze Expert

29.99/month Sprint Mobile Hotspot add-on option turns the device into a wireless router or Wi-Fi Hotspot.

• Hotspot for phones:
    • Includes 5GB on-network data allowance with $0.05/MB overage rate.
      • Currently, the ability is not available for customers to track hotspot usage separately from phone usage so overage charges are not systematically charged at this time. (will be in the future)
      • Sprint notifies customer prior to billing any overages associated with Mobile Hotspot usage that exceeds the 5GB on-network limitation.
    • Off-network data usage deducts from the 300MB roaming allowance of the phone plan.
    • 11. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
      Regular Visitor

Sprint wont care if you jailbreak and tether.  Look at how many people are doing it with rooting Android devices.  Instead of terminating these peoples account, the only thing done has been a $10 premium charge to everyone to make up for all these people using all this illegal data.

Since you seem to know about the jailbreaking let me ask you a question.  If I jailbreak, can I change it so I roam and use Verizons towers like others do with their Android devices?

• 12. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
      Regular Visitor

Oh, and with the worst case scenario.  Sprint might terminate your account.  But then you are let out of contract with no ETF charges and get to sale your phone on top of it.  Its not really that bad I dont think.

• 13. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
      Valued Member

Android is considered "open-sourced" and Google really doesnt hold their phones in an iron fist like Apple does so to answer you question, no you can't modify the carrier settings to allow your home network to be Sprint and the roaming to be Verizon (which it probably already is) Any modifications to the carrier settings need an unlock of some kind to be allowed to work.

Also the $10 charge may/or may not be for making up for this. I think not. I was told that it is simply because all smartphones use more data than non-smartphones and therefore all smartphones have the $10 charge, iphone or not. There was a big heated issue with AT&T iPhone customers using "illegal" tethering apps. These apps were never infact illegal just they allowed users to tether the internet from their iDevice to any wifi enable device and AT&T's system thinks that all this traffic is comming from one phone. Crazily enough people were idiots and attached things like 4 computers and 1 tv to the iphone and streammed videos or played xbox live or whatever and it became very obivous to AT&T that this wasn't just the phone using 1GB a min lol. So AT&T stated that any use of these kinds of apps were considered a violation of contract. I'm pretty sure Sprint has something similar to that effect.

• 14. IS there a app to make iphone 4s a hotspot
      Regular Visitor

What I was refering to in my question is not make Verizon tower my roaming tower.  Can I make it where I always roam on the Verizon tower?  meaning I dont use the Sprint network?  I know some do this with the Androids.  Can you do this with the iphone?

Over a year ago I was told is was a 4G charge.  Now I hear them say it is a smartphone charge.  Doesnt really matter to me.  They can call it a bucket of chicken for all I care.  But I do not see how a smartphone uses more data than a regular phone.  It has the potental to use more data.  Its like the old saying "guns dont kill people, people kill people."

Smartphones dont use anymore data than a regular phone, people with smartphones may use more data.  This iphone is my second smartphone.  I have had another smartphone for over 2 years now.  But I looked at my past bills for over a year.  I have never gone over 2 GB's.  Now I understand Sprint will say that smartphone automatically use more data because of App updates, etc.  But if I have been updating apps for the past 2 years and have not gone over 2 GB's, I cant really accept that smartphones use more data.  All in all it comes down to pricing.  When my contract is up I will shop around.  I dont need anymore than 2Gb's.   Sprint use to be cheaper.  Now they are either the same price or barely cheaper.  It just depends on how you season it.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...