This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2011 10:00 PM by Icee1 RSS

Buy a phone from third party and still eligible for upgrade?

AVINASHR77 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

A noob to the forum, but a long time Sprint customer. Both my lines are eligible for an upgrade in May 2012, but mt wife's Hero HTC sucks arse big time. The response is a joke and so are its other features. I was wondering if I can buy a LG Marquee from EBay with a clean ESN of course and replace her Hero with this. If I do this can both the lines still be eligible for upgrade come this May? Your time and help is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 1. Buy a phone from third party and still eligible for upgrade?
    VorlessDarkChaos Silver Expert

AVINASHR77 wrote:

Hi,

A noob to the forum, but a long time Sprint customer. Both my lines are eligible for an upgrade in May 2012, but mt wife's Hero HTC sucks arse big time. The response is a joke and so are its other features. I was wondering if I can buy a LG Marquee from EBay with a clean ESN of course and replace her Hero with this. If I do this can both the lines still be eligible for upgrade come this May? Your time and help is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Yes you can and both of your lines will still be eligible for upgrade this coming may,But make sure to contact the seller for ESN to make sure everything will be ok.

• 2. Buy a phone from third party and still eligible for upgrade?
    Sprint Employee

VorlessDarkChaos is correct - One thing also to remember is that if the phone has never been activated you will be charged if the first time it is activated on our network is on your account. Most of the time these have been activated for just a few minutes on an account - but if they haven't you  get charged the activation/upgrade fee even though your upgrade discount is not affected.

The only time your upgrade date changes is when you get a phone at a discount. You will be charged an activation/upgrade fee anytime you put a device on our network for the first time.

Just a little info so you aren't surprised.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 3. Buy a phone from third party and still eligible for upgrade?
    Icee1 Expert

Also, up through December 31st, in all CORPORATE owned Sprint Stores, certain Sprint premier (including both Silver and Gold) are eligible for an early upgrade. I called into my local corporate store and had them check, 3 of my 5 lines are eligible! 7 months early! Contact them and see if you are too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points