This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 46 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2012 4:58 AM by NiteWlkr RSS

Whats up with 4G

anaki Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I already canceled one account for lowsy 4g coverage, and working on second one..Contacted few people at Dans Support Team and they didnt bother to contact me by email, Luck of customer service or SPRINT DOESNT CARE about long time customers

• 1. Whats up with 4G
    SprintCares Sprint Employee

anaki,

I apologize if you feel you haven't received adequate 4G service. We will be launching our all new LTE brand of 4G in 2012. Unfortunately, we do not have dates for a launch nor information in regards to what will be the first markets to receive 4G LTE.

For the most current up to date information on our "Network Vision" plan, please visit, http://www.sprint.com/newsroom?ECID=SM:SC:201101213:NewsRoom. We truly do value your business and I guarantee the wait will be worth it. How is the 3G service in your area?

Regards,

William

• 2. Whats up with 4G
    Mharv1 Newbie

Typical ambiguous response from Sprint.  How in the world does Grand Rapids, Michigan rate over Detroit with respect to setting up the 4G service.  I've had my phone for over a year and was told when I got it that the 4G service was coming to Detroit "soon."  What is "soon"?  It's been over a year and still no 4G!  I'm tired of paying for a full service data plan that only works mediocre.  I'm eligible for an upgrade but I'm holding off because I don't want to be locked in any longer.  I've been with Sprint since 1999  but I'm seriously considering moving to Verizon!  Come on Sprint, get your act together!

• 3. Whats up with 4G

Mharv1,

Sprint has made the decision to focus efforts on LTE as this has become the chosen standard. Unfortunately, it's not an overnight process and the only means of keeping updated is to visit the newsroom as I posted above. I'm not purposely meaning to be ambiguous, there is just no further information available as of yet. I as a consumer still see more value with Sprint considering the cost of service versus our competitors and the offering of Unlimited Data. Sprint has excellerated the Network Vision plan because we do know that our customers are demanding 4G. We should see 4G LTE handsets within the second half of 2012.

-William

• 4. Re: Whats up with 4G
    anaki Regular Visitor

Why Im paying for something I dont receive it, Sprint doesnt care and   Dans Support Team doesnt care too

• 5. Re: Whats up with 4G

anaki,

We do not charge for "4G Service". Our $10.00 Premium Data charge is for all Smartphones, regardless if they are 3G only or 3G/4G. We completely care and if you're experiencing an issue with your 3G service, I'd be happy to assist you with identifying the issue and helping you with a resolution. We are hard a work building our 4G LTE network so our customers can enjoy faster data speeds. Let me know if there is any assistance I can offer you.

Regards,

William

• 6. Whats up with 4G
    mapesy Sprint Admin

RickyRicardo3G

I have removed your most recent post from this thread due to its profanity and graphic, offensive language. This is a bannable offense and I will do so if you continue to write in the manner. 

Please review the Community Guidelines for proper posting behavior

mapesy

• 7. Re: Whats up with 4G
    IMNOTDAVIDXNSX5 Valued Member

can one of the sprint reps here explain to me why sprint continues to sell wimax phones under the false pretense that it's just a matter of time before these customers get 4G? 

no new wimax towers are being built and wimax phones will not operate on the LTE towers that Sprint is building instead; so why would you tell a customer that purchasing your wimax phones is a wise choice because of how quickly 4G coverage is expanding? 

Sounds a bit fraudulent to me, don't you think? 

• 8. Re: Whats up with 4G
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

I wouldn't factor future WiMax coverage very heavily when considering a purchase. If 4G is already in your area, it's a great selling point, otherwise I wouldn't assume that you will have coverage any time in the future. Reps should not be selling devices on any false pretenses. We always have to be careful with our words to not mislead customers with these types of inquires because before bringing a new service to a new market, there are many hurdles. Don't let this turn you off of buying a WiMax device simply because of the 4G capability. Most of our most powerful devices are WiMax capable so if you want the most powerful device, it will likely have the WiMax capability.

-Donnie

• 9. Re: Whats up with 4G
    johnjonzz Regular Visitor

When the original EVO came out, it was the only 4g capable phone and the only phone to have the 10.00 data fee. Yet it was not the only smartphone available. That's a fact. The Samsung would shortly follow.  I can live with it though cause nobody forced me to sign the contract. But at the same time, nobody is forcing me to stay either. In my city Sprint 4g is fools gold. I get by now on WiFi anyway. I upgraded to the 3d VIA a trade in for the first EVO. I wanted the dual core,DLNA, and better camcorder. Didn't need 3d. After 18 months I don't have Wimax and never will. I won't buy an LTE phone til there is LTE service. And if i don't get the service then I don't see a need to stay with Sprint. I already pay 10.00 extra for premium service as well as 4.99 for the spending limit program. 3 g speeds that are slower than Verizon, ATT, and t mobile. What's so premium about that? 15.00 for nothing. I could take that, multiply it by the remaining months on my contract, and pay the ETF with that. Just a thought.

• 10. Whats up with 4G

donnie,

Thanks for the response.

I just  called up sprint and told them that i was interested in a new line of  service.  i explained that i wasn't sure whether to get a cheaper 3G  phone or spring for the 4G.  I said that I knew they couldn't guarantee  when 4G was coming to my area specifically, but that I just wanted to  confirm that Sprint is still aggressively expanding 4G service and that  if I spend the extra for a 4G device that it will at least be able to  work on the new towers going up.

The woman said yes.  I  asked to confirm this with a supervisor and worded everything the same  way, stressing that I was only willing to pay extra if the device was  going to work on the new towers that are going up.  The supervisor  confirmed that my phone would work and wished me a happy new year (they  told me that I would get a better deal if I purchased online).

Curious  what you have to say about that.  I'm fairly certain that I could make  these calls all night and I would hear the same answer almost every  time.  Why is Sprint not educating its reps on this issue?  Didn't  Sprint stop building wimax towers at least a year ago now?  This  shouldn't be new to anyone.

• 11. Re: Whats up with 4G
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

I will have this addressed to the best of my ability. Please respond to the private message I'm sending you.

-Donnie

• 12. Whats up with 4G

Hey Donnie,

I don't see any reason why our discussion should be private for now; no offense.

"I'm  pretty upset that you were told  incorrect information to such an  extent. If you give me your phone  number, I will personally contact  those involved to make sure they're  not misinforming customers." [-Donnie]

I appreciate your concern, but the point that I am  trying to make is that nearly everyone at Sprint is misinforming  customers like this.  I could find 100 reps who will say the same thing;  I wouldn't expect you to call them all by yourself.  I feel that  Sprint's only option is to aggressively and publicly notify employees  and customers of the Wimax/LTE incompatibility situation. 

At  this point I have made it clear that Sprint is making sales through  false statements of material fact.  In addition, Sprint has demonstrated  knowledge that these statements are false.  Combined with Sprint's  failure to inform all of its employees and customers of the truth, these  actions constitute as an intent to deceive for the purpose of selling  an obsolete technology.  Sprint customers are justifiably reliant on  statements from Sprint reps when deciding whether to purchase a 4G  device; customers are being caused to purchase more expensive 4G  products under the false pretense that Wimax will eventually come to  their area. 

I don't know how else to interpret this situation other than as blatant fraud.

Again, I appreciate your offer to contact the two  representatives that I mentioned, but Sprint as a whole needs to take a  similar action that reaches everyone potentially affected.

Personally, I would also very much like to see a  credit on my account that acknowledges Sprint's role in my purchase  decision and that reflects three things:

• Loss of value of my device
    • Cost of purchasing an LTE device
    • A general apology for knowingly misleading me to make a sale

I'm willing to bet that there are many customers out there who are entitled to receive the same thing.

• 13. Whats up with 4G

I just called up sprint again and this time I asked for the tech support department.  I spoke with a base level associate who stated like before that Wimax coverage is still expanding and so purchasing a 4G device would be a fine idea. 

I asked to confirm that information with her supervisor.

He confirmed it.

How does that make you feel that even tech support doesn't seem to know that Wimax is no longer being built?

• 14. Whats up with 4G
    DRLAURA1 Newbie

I just got off the phone with them. It is amazing how little they know or perhaps they're just told to play dumb. They continue to sell 4G Wimax phones to people who are never going to see 4G Wimax in their area. I had been a Sprint customer for many years. Switched to Verizon. It was worth the early termination fee just to get the customer service from Verizon. Not to mention....... I have 4G NOW. As opposed to never getting it with my EVO on the 'now' network. Good-bye Sprint. You could've had a customer for life with just a little understanding.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...