This applies to the new Airvana Airave Access Point and not to the original Samsung Airave
If you are still having Airave GPS issues you can call tech support and have them submit a CTMS ticket with the required info
So to fix the GPS we need to submit some information – HAVE THIS INFO READY WHEN YOU CALL IN TO AIRAVE SUPPORT- ***MAKE SURE YOU ENTER YOUR AIRAVE NUMBER INTO THE PHONE SO IT ROUTES YOU CORRECTLY
- Customer's telephone number for the airave;
Customers Shipping address:
What have you done? (completed all troubleshooting - factory reset device - reboot - powered all devices off and powered back on in sucession):
Airave 2 (Airvana) Access Point – CTMS Ticket Template to include in Problem Description:
1) Who is the customer’s internet service provider?
2) What do the lights display on the Airave?
VoIP Phone (Color-Blinking/Solid) :
Mobile (Color-Blinking/Solid) :green solid
Broadband (Color-Blinking/Solid) :green solid
GPS (Color-Blinking/Solid) :green solid
3) Speed test http://voiptest.packet8.net/
Jitter (0-5ms) :
Upload Speed (min 350kbps) :
Download (min 1Mbps) :
Packet lost (0-1%) :
QOS (min 80%) :
4) What is the setup? (Modem/Airave/Router, or Modem/Router/Airave):
5) What happens when you reset modem and factory reset the Airave? (Factory reset is for new activations only and if the mobile light is amber. Have the customer hold a safety pin in the reset button on the back for at least 10 seconds and then have them wait about an 1hr to see if this resolves the issue) issue persists
6) How many phones have the issue?
7) Does the problem only occur while on the Airave?yes
8) What type of dwelling does the customer have and what is the square footage?
9) What exactly is the problem? (Be specific - error messages? What happened on test calls?) gps location wrong
10) MAC ID
Larry ~ OKIESTRO
UPDATED ** We have determined the Aiave GPS location issue to be more widespread than originally thought. For that reason we are initiating a firmware maintenance upgrade to fix the issue. We have been diagnosing where the error is occurring and the engineers should have an update coming out soon. Sooner than later would be great. There are numerous issues that we do have to do CTMS tickets for so I am leaving the above template info posted but we will not be needing it for the GPS issue. A maintenance release doesn't require anything for the user of the Airave as it is handled automatically.
Internally there was a lot of misinformation and I do apologize because I know the customer was caught in between. This update is accurate and I will update it when we have a date for software release.
Sprint is proud to have been named to The Civic 50, an annual survey of America?s most community-minded companies.