12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2013 11:27 PM by chmccullough2012 RSS

1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Samsung Replenish Maintenance Release - EK18

Enhancements/Fixes:
- Upgraded OS from Froyo to Gingerbread (Android 2.3)

- Increased operationg system spped and efficiency

- One touch word selection and copy/past

- Improved power management

- Downloads Management

- SMS messaging fix

Important Notes:

- Software version is: EK18
-
Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 10 days
- Refer to the Samsung Replenish Software Updates blog for install instructions

• 1. Re: 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    212212 Newbie

My handset shows "No update" when I do the instructions.

• 2. 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    fencerjared Newbie

Important Notes:

- Software version is: EK18
    -
    Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes
    - Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 10 days

Bolded/italicized/underlined emphasis mine.

• 3. 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    212212 Newbie

In app "Sprint Zone" I got the notice so we'll see if it comes or not.

• 4. 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    POLYPAGAN Newbie

My girlfriend and I each have a Samsung Replenish (different plans, different area codes).  Her phone received the notification first.  It warned battery was below 50% (as usual), so we plugged it in and said Install Now.  Phone rebooted (well, appeared to reboot, I noted that uptime had not been reset after coming back up.) and nothing happened.  Guess we'll have to visit the Sprint store.

A couple of days later my phone offered to upgrade, I said fine, and it seemed to work fine.  A couple of reboots and some minutes (on 3G) later, Gingerbread was up and running.

Even though the status bar is tiny the new theme and font gives better contrast and readability.  The 3G up/down arrows change color, the Wi-Fi indicator is much clearer.  I run SeePU app and it's two notifications have switched places, which is fine once I got used to it.

Maybe it's my imagination but the phone seems a little quicker (it's way underpowered, let's face it.) and smoother.  The new verification of Airplane mode is just silly.  App defaults got lost during the upgrade, but they always get lost during rebooting, so that's nothing new.

There is a problem with USB connection.  I mean I haven't actually mounted the SDcard on my computer but it no longer asks, it just starts USB Mass Storage mode.  That would be fine except that apps on the SDcard are now invisible ("not installed", it says).

I uninstalled SMS Fix App and so far haven't received any text messages from tomorrow.

Can't say I've tried all 60 or so apps, but so far all of them seem to work fine.  I am finding things running when I take my phone out that I don't believe I started, almost as if locking doesn't work quite right, but maybe it's me.

Pretty happy so far.  If anything else crops up I'll be back!

• 5. 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    michael25414 Newbie

Do your Samsung phone last on one charge or a day the one I got I can't get to last a day by the end of the day I have to plug up so if you know how to get it to last a day please tell me  or you can email me

• 6. 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    POLYPAGAN Newbie

Michael, no, I've never gotten the phone to last a day unless it was off or atleast in airplane mode.  Here in the Cumberland foothills the signal is often weak & 3G uses lots of power. I use wifi whenever possible & airplane mode in places where I know there's no signal.  I leave GPS on & it doesn't use much juice. I turn bluetooth on & off as needed.  I am running Juice Defender (free) & it is annoying but helps battery life. At bedtime I set airplane mode & use Android Assistant to kill as many processes as I can (many just restart costing power so I ignore them). I live off grid and manage to charge daily with solar panel, car charger or at library or friends' houses.  The Gingerbread update is touted to save juice. I haven't seen any evidence of that.

• 7. 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    POLYPAGAN Newbie

Yesterday I discovered that neither mass storage nor tethering work on a Linux host!  I use Linux on my laptop so this is maddening.  I'll talk to Sprint but I think I know what to expect.

• 8. 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    POLYPAGAN Newbie

Well, I guess you can call this progress:

One Sprint representative I talked with didn't know Tethering from Wi-Fi HotSpot.  No help.

Another one told me Sprint no longer supports tethering (on any platform).  Is that likely to be true, or should I keep asking in the hope of finding someone who says it does work?

As far as "mass storage" goes, I finally got it to work on Linux (Mac OS X is next!)  I'll tell you how if you write to me, unless you work for Sprint, in which case you'll have to pay me for it!

• 9. Re: 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    rleome Newbie

Updated last night. Have noticed browser doesn't automatically 'fix' webpage content to fit screen anymore. Wiped out my widgets; need to bring rest of them up again. Color change was startling at first. Lines don't seem as smooth. Does seem to be faster. So far that's it. Icons changed as well.

• 10. Re: 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    212212 Newbie

I've never ever gotten my phone to last a whole day on a 100% charge. 4 hours of intense use is the discharge rate. It can last maybe 12-18 hours if unused. WiFi turned off, most apps not running (Facebook, United Airlines apps run always).

• 11. 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    SprintVictim Newbie

How can I refuse the update? The install warning appears every time I light the screen.

I'm tired of Sprint constantly pushing stuff without asking whether I want it. I go for days with 2 hours or less of battery time while they push whatever to my 'phone, it overheats, who knows what functionality they're taking/blocking.

As with MS Windows, when it's working the way I need it to work, I want it left alone.

• 12. Re: 1/4 - Samsung Replenish Software Update - EK18 (Gingerbread)
    chmccullough2012 Regular Visitor

Hi, I have this phone and can't update. It says it's already up to date, but that's not true. It's still running Froyo. Help?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...