This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 12:23 PM by TmBwrs RSS

Music player problems since Gingerbread update on Epic 4g

laurab98103 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

This is a cross-app problem (native music player app, Amazon mp3 app, and Android music player app which I downloaded from Market). Song plays, then app freezes, won't play another song until I force close. I have already had to factory-reset the device the day of the update, and at first the player didn't recognize any of my downloaded music at all (the "don't recognize this file" problem, which resolved by pulling battery out of phone with music player open, per the advice of Sprint Customer Service). Seems to be related to the phone's inability post-Gingerbread to recognize and use any of my custom ringtones. If anyone's had any luck with getting their music to play without forced stop after this problem I'd appreciate knowing your fix. Thanks.

• 1. Music player problems since Gingerbread update on Epic 4g
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

I know we had a problem similar to what your describing a while back where you could format the SD card to fix the issue but it should have been fixed in a past update I don't see any current investigations that match this and don't see many post of this online. I know a factory reset should have cleared application cache but I'm curious have you tried going into Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > clear cache/data on whatever application you're using and will it still freeze?     

• 2. Music player problems since Gingerbread update on Epic 4g
    laurab98103 Regular Visitor

Tried that, no luck. I can get two songs in a row to play in the Amazon mp3 app from the cloud player, and then it freezes, too; cleared cache on that app, but the files are up in Amazon's cloud. Cleared cache and data on native music player and the Android Music Player downloaded from Market. same symptom. Very very annoying, any other ideas? This device was a fine music player before Gingerbread. In fact, was just fine all around until the alleged upgrade of OS. Sorry to sound cranky, but it's been annoying to have a device that worked and now does not on a function that is important to the device's owner.

• 3. Music player problems since Gingerbread update on Epic 4g
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

Ok, it's likely we will need to reflash the software to your phone. We can perform this for you if you have a Sprint repair location near you.

• 4. Music player problems since Gingerbread update on Epic 4g
    TmBwrs Newbie

I am having problems as well, although a bit different.  I am using Amazon Cloud, and all the songs downloaded to my device are mixed up.  For example, a song title is listed as performed by multiple different artists even though it is the same song performed by one artist.  This is true with most of the songs that are downloaded.  Also, some will say it is "song a", however it lists an incorrect artist as "artist b" and then even has an album cover from a totally different artist.

Difficult to explain, but I hope you understand.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points