My phone recently quit holding a charge past 3 hours if not used and even less time if used. I took my phone into Sprint and after they did the testing they told me my battery had water damage. When they opened my phone it did not. How is that possible? I was then told the charging port could have done it. The charging port is at the top no where near the side of the phone.
On the Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch, the charging port is on the bottom and so is the battery. The only thing on the top is a headphone jack. Are you talking about the Epic 4G Touch? I know that is the subforum in which this is posted...but is that the phone you are talking about?
This has gotten me looking for the "sticker" for this phone. I have not found one (the only sticker I have even found is a "white"one on the top of the battery opposite side of the connections). I know where it is on my HTC Hero. So, does Sprint have another way of checking for water damage on the Epic 4G Touch?
There are liquid indicators inside the most phones that technicians can inspect upon opening the device. Most batteries have similar indicators as well. Some phones have 4-5 indicators spread around the device, most only have 1 or 2. Most phones don't have an indicator
With liquid though there isn't a way to tell what caused damage or the sensor to bleed out, just that it has bled out and there is a good chance the circuitry has been damaged in some way. A bled sensor does not necessarily mean the phone got dunked in water, it could be any liquid or even high humidity. Humidity can easily cause condensation inside the phone that then corrodes, since most phones are not water tight.
not to mention the people that cant seem to unglue their phone from their hands long enough to take a shower without bringing it into the bathroom with them so they wont miss that highly important text from their friend.
also evaporative coolers will do the same thing over time.
Battery problems can cause overheating issues. Have you looked into getting a new battery? You can purchase one from our website or from a number of 3rd parties. I can't imagine going months with only 3 hours of standby time.