1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 11:55 PM by underseer RSS

1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5

Enhancements/Fixes

- Security Update

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.17.651.5

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 1/12 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 1/17.

-  Refer to the HTC EVO 3D Software Updates blog for install instructions. 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.  

• 1. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    carerralu Newbie

I have this update on my phone and I'm impressed with the battery life improvement.

• 2. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    Jetsmom00 Newbie

Every time I try to update my phone if brings up an error message.  #1012i. I think

• 3. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    MDJ Newbie

I updated last night and quite honestly, I really like it. The interface feels a lot smoother and more fluid, and the battery life improvements are impressive. They finally give us the option to put on Power Saver even while the phone has not yet reached a low-battery level. For me, it will be very useful for school - I can put it on for 8hrs a day to save battery for when I'm at home and other stuff. I'm not sure what exactly the security updates are, but I think it includes the absolute removal of Carrier IQ. Again, I'm not sure, so don't take it from me. But anyway, I think you'll be very pleased with this update. My thanks to Sprint & HTC.

• 4. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    HiyaBuddy Regular Visitor

I would keep the 651.3 before updating. I know everyone else's experience may vary but I just updated all three evo 3ds on my account and we have nothing but terribly slow internet speeds after the update.Speeds used to be between 800 and 1700 kbps but now they're not even past 100 kbps. It takes twice as long as it used to just to load up a google search. We have tried master resets to help with this problem, but they don't work. I called CS asking about the slow speeds to see if I have an outage in my area, zip code 02141, and they said everything was working fine, so it must be something to do with the update. I spoke with a tech at a local spint store and he told me the prl from the 651.5 update has trouble with data speeds and you can't really do anything until Sprint gets their ish together and updates the prl again. He said wait 2-3 days, maybe a week. So all three of us are pretty mad now, because our internet is so slow which in turn drains our battery life faster. I don't have 4G either yet it says there is signal on the street (I checked just now in the umpteen degree weather, not even a bar) so I can't use that and we're not in the house too much so wifi is not really an option. Why can't we go back to before the update to fix this problem. All we wanted to do was have CIQ removed because sometimes there are times when we want to use our phones for banking and we are very weary of CIQ so we never did that, but now its becoming unusable. I am now contemplating rooting our phones and voiding our warranties because the speeds are just abysmal but the roms based on 651.3 still have the faster internet speeds.

• 5. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    LIG Newbie

Much smoother display, much better battery life, less text msg crashes. I guess Carrier IQ was really sucking up that many resources?

• 6. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    ItsMeee Valued Member

FYI, It turned off the delay of lock screen and turned on my browser to view pages as mobile.

• 7. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    mac_thien Newbie

i recently updated my phone. the only thing i noticed that was different was my shutter sound turned back on. i had this phone since it came out and immediately turned off the sound. the previous updates didn't allow the sound to be toggled again, but since i had already turned it off, it was kept off. really disappointed they automatically turned the shutter sound back on.

• 8. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    HiyaBuddy Regular Visitor

@mac-thien Same thing happened to my brother's. I have slow 3g speeds as well. Called CS, rep explained I should get anywhere between 60 kbps to 120 kbps then I had to correct her about EVDO Rev. A and performance speeds that were supposed to be between 1 and 3 mbps.  Then I got connected to a supervisor, who said the problem should be resolved within 24 hours and she sent me an airrave free of charge because of signal jumping as I move thorugh my house. I know Sprint assures between 600 and 1400 kbps for 3G but I'm not even getting half that. The same applies for the other two evo 3Ds on my account and it wasn't the tower. I went to a local Sprint store and still got the same results but I tried the same thing on their phones. I got 1200 kbps on their Evo 3D and the same on the Design 4G, I saw the update avaialable for the 3D so it was running 651.3 and it stll had fast 3G.

If camera sound bugs you its gonna have to be done via rooting, it is the only way until a dev can make an app for the market because even on silent the camera still has sound unlike the Iphone when you flip the vibrate switch it is completely silent.

• 9. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    PhysicsGuru Expert

Jetsmom00, If you are getting a 1012 error code, that means your 3G credentials are outdated. You can update this on your EVO by starting on the Home screen and tapping menu > Settings > System updates > Update profile. Your evo will give a message, "The network is preparing your services..." Let that do it's thing and your Evo should be up and running after you see the message, "The update is complete and changes will now be applied." Tap OK and check for the 2.17 update again.

• 10. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    Jetsmom00 Newbie

I tried that and that is when it gives me the error message..... Is there another way around it?    (to physicsguru ).  N thanks for.responding I am new to  the smart phone.world ... Lol

• 11. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    armyeodsgt Expert

I'm about to download this, so I hope it's bug free. Is there any news on the Android 4.0 update?

• 12. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

I downloaded the update on the 12th, and have noticed no problems. most recent news for ICS is from HTC UK's Facebook, where they listed models that they intend to update to ICS this quarter or next.

• 13. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello Jetsmom00, make you you have no task killers or security software running, if you sent me a private message I can look over your network profile to see if it's a problem on our side.

• 14. 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5
    LeoTX Newbie

Leo here, in Austin, TX, where we have phenomenal 4G service from Sprint. I installed the new update last night, and updated the profile and prl. Now my 3G speed has DROPPED to barely 100 kbps. Many areas I use my phone in cannot get 4G, so needless to say, I am greatly disappointed.

My Wireless speeds and 4G seem to be same as before. I have not noticed any improvement in battery life, yet. But, it's only been one day.

LeoTX

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...