HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 2.12.651.5
- Security Update
- Updated Peep client (to align with Twitter)
- Updated Sprint Zone client
- Battery life improvements
- 3LM Enterprise Tool Access (no user interface changes)
- The new software version is: 2.12.651.5
- The customer may initiate the update beginning 1/19 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 1/24
- Refer to the HTC EVO Design 4G Software Updates blog install instructions
- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,
check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device
I just got this update pushed but before I install it I need to know if the security updates include anything that could disrupt my use of the phone's GPS. I have friends with more advanced versions of Android who report that when their data is encrypted, they can't use the GPS. I don't have that problem with my current version of Android (2.3.3) and want to make sure I don't get it if I accept the upgrade.
Check out a fun infographic that teaches you how to increase storage, enhance security, improve battery life and clean your device.