This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 6:49 PM by phin RSS

Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!

HumboldtGreengo Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

Let's hope it is for Sprint not Verizon.

• 1. Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    MrFurious2K7 Regular Visitor

Let's hope.  I've decided to leave Sprint soon if they don't get a premium WP soon (waiting out my contract).  Their lack of support has just been pathetic.

• 2. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    techswimmer Newbie

I agree. If there is not a Sprint announcement by March 18th with regards to Nokia Windows Phones on Sprint, I will probably switch to ATT. As much as I hate the more expensive service, the phone/OS matters more to me to than "unlimited".

I metered my data usage and I rarely top 500 MB/ month, so the ATT 2GB/month or 5GB/month plan will be just fine. Unlimited does not mean much when you dont actually use anything near the cap of another service. ATT Lumia 910 is also 4G/LTE. On top of that ATT supports net access while talking on the phone.

I know WP7 is a low market % right now, so I understand Sprint's choices, but it does feel a little weird that I joined Sprint because they used to have the best selection and support for WinMo and now they are the worst for WP7

• 3. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    MMNoz12 Regular Visitor

I am with you guys and hope Sprint gets this sooner rather than later.  You don't have to spend millions advertising it Sprint, but at least let us have the option of more WP7 phones.

• 4. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

Let hope it is. I would like more windows phones I am due for an upgrade in September.

• 5. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    phin Regular Visitor

I waited until CES to see if Sprint would announce any new WP7 devices. Unfortunately, I wasted my time waiting.  We started looking at AT&T after Mr Owens announcement basically codemning WP7.  We didn't want to wait another 8-9 months on empty promises.  So we jumped to AT&T last month and haven't regretted it (rockin' the Samsung Focus S and loving it!).  The speed is noticabley faster than Sprint's. And my bill is actually cheaper with 3 smartphones (2GB) and one dumbphone (no data).  My first month, using the phone much like I did on Sprint, I haven't even hit the 600MB mark with only 2 days to go.  WiFi helps a lot!  So, Sprint's "unlimited" offering is irrelevent in my case.  It looks like Sprint will be losing more and more customers as time goes on.  Lumia 930 will probably be going to Verizon before Sprint customers see it.  I believe if Sprint would have put as much effort and $$$ into the WP7 devices as they did the iPhone, they wouldn't be having this mass exodus that they are experiencing now.  What other carrier offers money for their customers to stay???  Better start doing some serious thinking there, Sprint....

• 6. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    SA_Doc Silver Expert

I would be patient on the Windows Phones. Let LTE launch first before we start screaming. Trust that the Sprint management team has heard plenty from the SA group regarding Windows Phone. Here is my most recent Windows phone post to the management team.

For all the moaning and groaning I have had over Windows phone, I am not sure I have ever said what I want. How about this?

Manufacturer: Nokia

Shape: Contoured to the hand, a convex back and a slight concave screen

Processor: Something like the 1.5GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor

Camera: Carl Zeiss top of the line, 8-megapixel back and 2mp in the front, Zero shutter lag. Takes pics as fast as you can hit the button, Continuous auto-focus, records in 1080p

3d: Sure, why not, With dual 8 mp lenses

Screen: 4.3" (I will not buy bigger) Gorilla glass or similar, 1080p display (1920 x 1080)

RAM: 2 GB

ROM: 64 GB

MicroSD: up to 64Gb support

Device to Device Communications: NFC or TransferJet, whichever is the most advanced

Radios: Wi-Max, LTE, 3g, 1xRTT

Battery: 2000 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery

Bluetooth: Yes

Charging: Cordless and corded

Direct Connect: Yes

Notification: 3 color LED

Mics: 2

Speakers: 2 and LOUD!!!!

Camera flash: Yes with dimmer controls

Accelerometer: Yes

Gyro: Yes

Compass: Yes

GPS: Yes

Barometer: Yes

MicroUSB: Yes

Wi-Fi: Yes

Buttonless: Yes, to save physical phone size

Keyboard: Virtual

***Due to FTC guidelines, I am forced to create this disclaimer and advise readers of certain credentials. I am a Sprint Advocate and a customer of Sprint via cellular service. I am not an employee of Sprint and was in attendance of the 2011 SAGE Event at the corporate office in Kansas City, KS. While the trip was paid for by Sprint/HTC, the event will in no way interfere with my obligation to provide truthful and accurate information either through positive or negative comments with regard to Sprint or its policies. I am not obligated to continue posting in the forums and do so of my own free will. The 2011 SAGE event was without question used to pick our brains from start to finish and did not include any vacation activities. At no time was there any effort made to buy our loyalty. In our collaborative view, Sprint appropriately said thank you for our valuable time. I further advise that I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and the 2011 SAGE event was my first experience with any illusioned Sprint reward. My choice to be a Sprint Advocate was initiated by myself long before the Sprint Advocate group was formed and the 2011 SAGE event was created. I reserve the right to remain a Sprint customer or leave for a competing carrier, depending on my own evaluations regarding Sprint policy or its treatment of customers. Sprint has an obligation to provide every customer, which I am one, acceptable service both in network and through support***

• 7. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    MMNoz12 Regular Visitor

SA_Doc wrote:

"

Manufacturer: Nokia

Shape: Contoured to the hand, a convex back and a slight concave screen

Processor: Something like the 1.5GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor

Camera: Carl Zeiss top of the line, 8-megapixel back and 2mp in the front, Zero shutter lag. Takes pics as fast as you can hit the button, Continuous auto-focus, records in 1080p

3d: Sure, why not, With dual 8 mp lenses

Screen: 4.3" (I will not buy bigger) Gorilla glass or similar, 1080p display (1920 x 1080)

RAM: 2 GB

ROM: 64 GB

MicroSD: up to 64Gb support

Device to Device Communications: NFC or TransferJet, whichever is the most advanced

Radios: Wi-Max, LTE, 3g, 1xRTT

Battery: 2000 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery

Bluetooth: Yes

Charging: Cordless and corded

Direct Connect: Yes

Notification: 3 color LED

Mics: 2

Speakers: 2 and LOUD!!!!

Camera flash: Yes with dimmer controls

Accelerometer: Yes

Gyro: Yes

Compass: Yes

GPS: Yes

Barometer: Yes

MicroUSB: Yes

Wi-Fi: Yes

Buttonless: Yes, to save physical phone size

Keyboard: Virtual"

That would be quite the Hero device (subsidized this will cost probably $300 or $400) and overkill for the next WP7/WP8 the Now Network gets.  I would like to see Sprint get the equivalent of the Nokia Lumia 900 as soon as possible, probably by that time it would be a mid level device if Sprint waits till August/September timeframe.  If Sprint can get 2-3 new WP7 phones before June, I will be happy as someone who is long overdue for renewing my contract and needs phones that are falling apart replaced (nothing in Sprint's current phone lineup interests us especially with the impending $50 additional charge a month for premium devices now).

Qualcomm S4 dual core is pretty beastly especially with LTE baked right into the chip (advent of power efficient 4G phones), 16GB of ram, 4.3in screen (800x480 would do, but a higher resolution would be nice, 4.3 in is the biggest I would want), MicroSD slot, single 8 megapixel camera (at this time, anything over 8 megapixels are overkill due to the law of physics and nyquist value), otherwise everything looks great from your list (I would pay $100 subsidized for this phone).

• 8. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    SA_Doc Silver Expert

Ha Ha!  Of course it would be a hero device.  I wouldn't object at all to $299 subsidized.  I would have to ponder $399, but would do it, if I had LTE in my area at that time.   My goal is to aim real high and have them come back to me with something more realistic (today's reality, anyway).  $100 subsidized for the phone you mention is I think unfair.  $199 is the going rate for a rockin' device.  The Arrive was a joke, compared to what had been released with Android at the time.    Could you imagine a Windows phone with those specs?  There isn't another phone out there close to meeting every need for a flagship device customer.  Microsoft would jump ahead.  That said, I have been advocating a phone for the masses.  The wish list is not one for the masses, obviously.  I would suggest something a little less fulfilling to keep the phone in the $199 buy-in and have as many bells and whistles that will fit.

***Due to FTC guidelines, I am forced to create this disclaimer and advise readers of certain credentials. I am a Sprint Advocate and a customer of Sprint via cellular service. I am not an employee of Sprint and was in attendance of the 2011 SAGE Event at the corporate office in Kansas City, KS. While the trip was paid for by Sprint/HTC, the event will in no way interfere with my obligation to provide truthful and accurate information either through positive or negative comments with regard to Sprint or its policies. I am not obligated to continue posting in the forums and do so of my own free will. The 2011 SAGE event was without question used to pick our brains from start to finish and did not include any vacation activities. At no time was there any effort made to buy our loyalty. In our collaborative view, Sprint appropriately said thank you for our valuable time. I further advise that I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and the 2011 SAGE event was my first experience with any illusioned Sprint reward. My choice to be a Sprint Advocate was initiated by myself long before the Sprint Advocate group was formed and the 2011 SAGE event was created. I reserve the right to remain a Sprint customer or leave for a competing carrier, depending on my own evaluations regarding Sprint policy or its treatment of customers. Sprint has an obligation to provide every customer, which I am one, acceptable service both in network and through support***

• 9. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    MMNoz12 Regular Visitor

Well the Nokia Lumia 900 is rumored to be $100 subsidized when AT&T gets it, we will have to wait and see if that is actually true when it they start to sell it.  Microsoft is also working with partners in order to keep phone cost low and undercut Android devices and iPhones on cost to the customer (Microsoft is preparing for a big push with Windows Phone and Nokia is just the start from what I understand).  So my phone I suggested should probably go for $200 subsidized, but who knows, with the push Microsoft and its partners are doing, $150 or even $100 aren't unreasonable in my opinion

• 10. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    shel777 Newbie

Curious::  If you're now an AT&T customer, why are you posting in this Sprint group?  Possibly aare you an AT&T troll?

Any way AT&T spins it, their monthly cost is more than Sprint's.  By far.

• 12. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    phin Regular Visitor

Not a troll, MMNoz12.  I came from AT&T to Sprint a little over 2 years ago for the unlimited data plan.  Never really had a problem with either carrier.  I just go where the deal that I want is.  I'm not the type that stays "loyal" to any one carrier because Lord knows they're not loyal to their customers.  If MetroPCS had a particular phone or plan I was interested in, I might have gone with them.  AT&T had the phone I was interested in and their plan discounts my plan and the data packages, so it's actually cheaper than Sprint's plan.  Like I said, we don't go over 1GB on the most data used phone so unlimited doesn't really mean anything tome.  I surf the forums of Verizon and T-Mobile, too.  I call it shopping around for my next carrier/phone.  If/when any of the carriers would start really respecting their custoomers, I would think about staying loyal to them.  Until then, it's whichever fits my needs at the time. 

• 13. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    MMNoz12 Regular Visitor

Just to set the record straight phin, I wasn't the one that called you a troll.

I fully understand where you are coming from, I am almost 4 months out of contract and am not wanting to switch my 5 lines, but the WP7 phone lineup is abysmal at this time. I have been comparing all the plans from other dealers and have considered the switch myself.  Sprint has lost a good amount of customers due to a lack of a decent overall lineup at the moment (Android lineup isn't that great at the moment either).  I fully support your right to come back to this forum and voice the reason to why you left.. Hopefully it will speed up Sprint's plans for more WP7 phones :-)

• 14. Re: Nokia Lumia 930 clearing FCC with CDMA!!!
    HaLo17 Regular Visitor

Oh please please please let the rumor be true!!! dual core wp8 coming to sprint! WITH LTE!!!??? in Q4, right around when my contract ends!!??? YES SPRINT! YOUR DOING IT RIGHT!! a quad core would be preferable, but maybe multicore support doesnt mean "multicore" either way s4 chips are pretty fast. I cant wait for this christmas now! LQL

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...