This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2012 9:49 AM by FernBch Go to original post RSS
  • 30. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    silencer272 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

a court order and you can get all the records. beyond that if you have a smart phone download and app and save them to your sd card

• 31. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    Wildsoftball13 Newbie

Notarized letter from who? The actual owner of the phone? The account owner? And where is the information on how to contact the Subpoena Compliance Group? How long does it take to recieve the information?

slittle wrote:

Good Evening......

I am sure this is not the information that you were searching for but you are unable to find this information on your Sprint.com account. Due to the Privacy of the message, it was before requested that you obtain a Subpoena to retrieve this infomration but as of now you will need a Notarized letter and submit this information to the Subpoena Complaince Group.

I know this is a little much to do to retrieve your own information or the information for a device on your Account. This is the privacy of this information that we are required to follow.

Great Day & My Pleasure.....

• 32. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    geny Newbie

well i think that if this is my personal phone and i pay for it so i should have the right to see my text msgs and phone numbers what privacy!!!!!! it is my phone!!!! pluse some of use has kids and what if they were in danger!!!

• 33. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    zee162 Newbie

If you have an android phone, there are applications that will send it to your Gmail acct...you can see all texts incoming and outgoing...

• 34. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    Nicco_X Regular Visitor

Really?  So I suppose you want your emails not retained?  While I think it would be ideal to have a choice, I don't think that the issue is anywhere near as simple as you make it seem.

• 35. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    MCSETZERS Newbie

Verizon provides the number and date and time....very good for me checking my teenagers phone for abuse...I just started w/sprint a year ago - im going back to verizon if sprint doesn't offer it - it was a big part of the reason I was with Verizon. didn't know Sprint wouldn't - seemed pretty simple to me...i don't care to read the messages and be that nosy - but want to know if there are texts and from where or to who.

• 37. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    JAMANI4LIFE Newbie

I agree with you, as much as u pay they should do everthing!1!!!!!

• 38. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    dlynn_yhwyfollower Newbie

I agree _  if i am paying the bill, I should know what is going on_ parental controll_ and spousal trust requires such things!  Besides had an issue arrise that could require court interferance and needed a copy of the messages that were sent!  It isn't right that sprint does not provide access to my messages and the message of the phones I pay for!

• 39. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    aeyb Regular Visitor

I just sent an email asking since it's been a while since the last post here. I agree, if I pay for the account, I should at the very LEAST be able to see what numbers they are texting with.

• 40. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    prplehze Newbie

How can I check the picture messages?

• 41. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    FernBch Regular Visitor

I also feel Sprint should give us the ability to see what numbers texts are going to and coming from. I am not asking to be able to view the message itself just the to and from. I have a 14 year old girl who likes to sign up for things without asking. She does not understand the meaning of personal privacy. When I was with Verizon (left them because a csr was extremely rude with me) I could view the to-from texting logs. Now I can't monitor what a minor child does with a device I pay for. She recently signed up for a texting service on the web. This service stores everything she does and in their TOU, says you agree to pretty much giving them ownership of what you send. I found out because they read her contact data and they offered the service to me. I was upset to say the least. So, what say you sprint? Are you going to allow us to monitor our minor children and protect them better or do you not really care about safety and privacy when minors are involved? Or would you rather we take their lines away and turn them off? You know, the lines you get revenue from.

• 42. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    Alta4fun Newbie

I understand why parents of minor children would want to monitor what gose to and from their childs phone via text and ph calls.  But I personally like that sprint does not make this info/service available online!  I do not want or need to have to protect my privacy in yet ANOTHER venue.  I know plenty of people on other carriers who have had issues because of this type of service, and other getting into their personal messages.

I suggest to parents that they control what numbers text can go to and from the childs phone.  you can restrict this ability in a number of ways in your personal sprint settings.  That way you know exactly who can send and receive messages from your child.  If the child gets new friends with new cell phones, they can give you the number and you can add it to the acceptable list of numbers on the childs settings.  It may seem a little like a pain, but on the up side you have 100% control over who the exchange words with.  After all you can not monitor everything said in a phone conversation.  But you can control who they can call, and who can call them!

I think it is a fine solution for the parents who provide phones to minor children.  And at the same time it does not comprimise the privacy of the rest of the grown-ups who use Sprint as a carrier!

"A"

• 43. can you check text messages sent and recieved online ?
    FernBch Regular Visitor

Alta4fun, I do understand your point. The oroblem aruses from children NOT telling you or asking if they can. Again, I'm not looking for message content as there are apps I can install that will do that (hopefully it never comes to that). It just being able to mnitor in general.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points