1 2 3 4 5 25 Previous Next 372 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 4:05 PM by C4C Go to original post RSS
  • 31. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    goygacon Silver Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

Yeah...Heck yeah...add me to the list.  Would love to see this phone on the Now Network.  Would be a nice addition to my collection. 

• 32. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    Evo-motion Valued Member

Samsung Galaxy Note gets it's official launch date with pre orders starting Feb 5th on ATT. The thing to take from that is the number of comments by posters saying they not be signing up for the Note, do to simple fact it is launching on ATT. The upside is ATT is launching it sooner rather than later. Increasing the possiblity the Note/Journal to be launched sooner on Sprint. I only hope Sprint will take advantage of the mistake by ATT and still the "Thunder" a MWC 2012 and announce Sprint plans to launch the "Note/Journal" on the Now Network in the near future. Don't think so? Here is over 360 comments on major phone website that begs to differ. Enjoy the comments here.

http://m.engadget.com/default/comments.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/30/samsung-galaxy-note-att/&category=classic&subCategory=&type=&postPage=1&disqusId=20159789&altPost=

• 33. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    C4C Regular Visitor

Day after day rolls by as AT&T readies itself for the deluge of new Samsung users. Come on Sprint, I will wait till MWC 2012, but if no word comes concerning the Note and Sprint. I am thinking AT&T is my only option, unless Verizon gets it, which would be a 4G bonus for me.

This phone is a hit in Europe, so bring it to me Sprint!

Samsung Note or BUST!

• 34. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    hypnotic2010 Regular Visitor

I also will jump ship for the note!!! Sprints perks have diminished for me. Crappy data/4g, I dont think ill regret it.

• 35. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    lanenubia Regular Visitor

OMG -- now i dont know what to do.  My "Precious" could be in my waiting hands on Feb 17th, if I am just willing to go to the dark side (ATT).  I dont want to do it, but .. but ...  aaaauuggghhhh.   Sprint please at least announce that you are getting it so I can forego my pre-order with ATT.   I REALLY would rather stay with Sprint.   This is killing me !!!

http://www.onlykent.com/20120130/us-galaxy-note-price-release-date-on-att-or-2-days-early/

US Galaxy Note Price & Release Date on AT&T: Or 2 days early

Posted by Debbie Turner | Jan 30, 2012 | Filed under U.S. 

US Galaxy Note Price & Release Date on AT&T: Or 2 days early

At  the end of December we reported on the global sales success of the  Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone.  The good news was also announced that  it would definitely be released in the U.S,  possibly in early 2012. We now have good news for those of you who have  been waiting as it is now official that the Galaxy Note will be  released on AT&T shortly and we have news on price, release date and  pre-orders.

Two weeks ago we also  told how we learned the Galaxy Note was definitely headed to AT&T  and the speculation about a possible release on Verizon and Sprint too.  The news today regards the Galaxy Note on AT&T although it  may still come to other US carriers further down the line.  The release  date in stores is February 19 with pre-orders available from February 5.  However, you may be able to get your Galaxy Note two days earlier.

Brad Molen on Engadget passes on the good news from AT&T that those who pre-order the Galaxy Note in store or online by February  15 will actually receive their delivery on February 17, thereby beating  the release date by two days. The price has now also been confirmed as  $299.99 on the usual two-year contract and it will be available in two  color options, carbon blue or ceramic white.

We’ll give you a few  reminders of this popular smartphone/tablet hybrid such as its 5.3-inch  HD Super AMOLED display, 8-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel  front-facing shooter.  It also has a stylus, the S Pen. PC Mag adds that the Galaxy Note has a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 16GB of  internal memory, SD card slot, a 2500 mAh battery and access to  AT&T’s LTE network.

• 36. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    malumperquod Regular Visitor

I would think that those eligible for an upgrade would get a discount. Basically you get treated like a new user. Same discount. To retain biz it would seem your upgrade would apply toward the new contract purchase price. Good will discount.

300 will probably the Sprint price. Several venues have said that the rumour is that Sprint will be releasing the Journal. But when is the thing. Of course Sprint reads this. It would seem a bit polite to at least give us a hint here on the Sprint users forum.

Sprint is superiour in many respects. Idk that I will jump to go to the note. Maybe. Probably not. ATT has a horrrrible reputation for service. I dont recall my Evo dropping a call.

Plus what good is a 5.3 inch screen if your data is limited?

So Sprint I cant imagine any contractual haggling would keep Sprint out of the Note/Journal market. But when?? 

I read today that there will be a Note commercial at the Super Bowl. But Sprint or ATT? Everyone knows ATT will have it.

Called Sprint today asking about a waiting list. Doesnt exist. In fact the tech didnt know what a Note was. No big deal since its not a Sprint phone yet.

So yea Sprint push up the date! : )

• 37. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    SA_twospirits Bronze Expert

It always amazes me that people want to a carrier (in this case Sprint) to hurry up and push a device out faster than usual. True, we are an impatient bunch (myself included) but let me throw this into the barrel. Would you rather have Sprint announce a date and push out a phone faster with bugs, or wait a bit longer to have a device that is less buggy and possibly have better enhancement than the current ones out there.

As proof of this is the fact that Samsung has recently announced a update to the Galaxy Nexus which for all intent and purposes is better than the one they released and has quite a few folks (the early adopters) really upset. I wouldn't want this to happen to the Note on Sprint. Seeing the review on MobileTechReview and I believe that the Note/Journal will be one of the best (if not the best) phone in the Sprint lineup when it comes. I also would not mind Sprint taking a bit longer to announce a date or release it, so long as they fully test it and rid as much bugs as possible. If at all possible add more features than the current set out there to intice folks to join Sprint and be one up on the competition.

For those that leave Sprint on a drop of a dime because another carrier has it first, is in my opinion, is a bit ridiculous. I wouldn't pay a ETF to get out of a current phone to go to another carrier that usually has worse service and higher fees, to only come back once Sprint gets their version of the phone.

TS

• 38. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    lanenubia Regular Visitor

Agreed -- I want al the bugs out when/if it is released on Sprint, but all I want now is an announcement that they WILL be getting it.  I can wait patiently for months while they get the bugs out, but just let me know its coming.

Looks like we will get teased during the Superbowl.   Aaaaarrrrgh. 

http://www.fiercemobilecontent.com/press-releases/samsung-launching-revolutionary-galaxy-note-super-phone-90-second-super-bow

DALLAS – January 31, 2012 – Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the U.S.1,  is launching a revolutionary super phone, the Galaxy Note™ in the  first-ever Super Bowl ad in the technology giant’s 71-year history.

“During  the past six months we’ve launched the Galaxy S II, Galaxy Nexus and  now the Galaxy Note super phone in North America bringing unparalleled  innovation to the marketplace,” said Todd Pendleton, Chief Marketing  Officer for Samsung Telecommunications America.  “The Galaxy Note ushers  in the era of truly personalized communications, allowing people to  capture, share and create like never before.  The  game changing Galaxy Note required a launch platform just as  significant which is why Samsung chose the largest event in North  America to unveil this product – Super Bowl XLVI.Samsung  handpicked  Bobby Farrelly to direct his first ever TV commercial.   Farrelly, along with his brother, Peter, created the famous comedy  films There’s Something About Mary,Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin and Fever Pitch. Another  Super Bowl commercial first is Samsung using footage shot by the Galaxy  Note’s HD-quality video camera in the ad.  Samsung is also one of the  advertisers in the inaugural livestream of the Super Bowl broadcast. The Galaxy Note ad will air during the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XLVI on February 5th.An  extensive digital and social campaign will accompany the ad release  with Samsung Mobile US Facebook and Twitter followers gaining exclusive  access to content and giveaways. The Samsung Galaxy Note will be available for pre-order starting February 5th and go on sale at AT&T and Best Buy Stores nationwide on February 19th

Key Product Features of the Samsung Galaxy Note include:

• Integrated S Pen™ Solution
    • 5.3" HD Super AMOLED™ Screen (1280x800)
    • Smartphone Portability with the Power of a Tablet
    • Samsung Approved for Enterprise (SAFE™)
    • 1.5GHz Dual-core Processor
    • Android™ 2.3, Gingerbread + TouchWiz®
    • Kies Air
    • AllShare™
    • Social Hub
    • Media Hub HD
    • Enabled for 4G LTE
    • 8.0 Megapixel Rear-facing Camera with LED Flash
    • 2.0 Megapixel Front-facing Camera
    • 1080p HD (30fps) Video Recording
    • 2500mAh Battery
    • eReader Capabilities
    • Enabled For Video Chat
    • 16GB Internal Memory
    • Expandable Memory up to 32GB
    • Swype™
    • AT&T Navigator®
    • Bluetooth® Technology
  • 39. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    TOLOGOS Regular Visitor

So nice to find others as crazy and desperate as I am to get this device!!  I'm a total technophile and this device is simply too good to be true.  I AM so tempted to jump to ATT.  My contract is up with Sprint in April and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll hear some very good news by then.  If I hear its coming to Sprint, even if I have to wait a little (2-3 months tops...lol!), I'll stick with Sprint.  If not, looks like my cell phone bill is going to go up!

• 40. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    JaedenRuiner Newbie

I'm right there with you all.

I was a long time hold out for the cell phone community, and have been suffering on my old HTC TP2 for the last year and a half.  My contract was up last june, and I am currently, simply waiting for the Galaxy Note to come to Sprint.  That is the phone that pretty much appears to be everything I want, and though the Upgrade cost I expect to be more than the Galaxy II S, I can accept that but I do not want to upgrade (and renew my contract) now and suddenly find the Note is brought to Sprint this summer, or in fact will never come to Sprint.  I can suffer through a few more months, but since I heard that A) the Note was being released to AT&T as an LTE, and B) Sprint is bringing on their own LTE network, it should be a simple marriage of technologies. 

Get it here, and I will finally be able to upgrade from my archaic device and stay with Sprint.  If not, I may have to bite the bullet and switch to another carrier, which I'd rather not do.

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

• 41. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

Wow, you are so brave. You still have the TP2

• 42. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    C4C Regular Visitor

I don't know if I am brave but my TP2 has been awesome since 12/2009. I am tethering off my computer right now! When I am not at home using Charter, my TP2 provides my internet connection needs. Not only does it sync to my home computer, I can even acceess and/or run my computer using my TPS from anywhere in the country.

The only problems I have with the TP2 is that it will not run flash games on Facebook and it will no longer stream Netflix. But that is more a function of Sprint's service degredation in my area, which has slowed to under 300Kb/s on a good day which just isn't fast enough to stream.

• 44. Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

I doubt that signing a petition will have an effect on the decision making at Sprint.

A couple of years ago we did it for HD2 and we got the EVO 4G.

1 2 3 4 5 25 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...