1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 8:16 PM by tomdeaver Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Echo keeps restarting itself
    RC1024 Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

Hello nynafranks, which software version do you have in your phone?

• 31. Echo keeps restarting itself
    jasonkc25 Newbie

I noticed that as soon as I enabled roaming on my Echo, it would reboot all the time and I would get the faint ringing a few people complained about.  As soon as I set my network to Sprint only both issues went away immediately.

J

• 32. Echo keeps restarting itself
    Akusai Newbie

You need to update your firmware to 1.100sp.

• 33. Echo keeps restarting itself
    Akusai Newbie

My phone is having the same problem. It keeps on restarting while unplugged and idle. I have the latest firmware and android. I'm going to call sprint in a few minutes (Probably after I find something to eat). I'll return with an update.

• 34. Echo keeps restarting itself
    ZeeBlackFox Newbie

Unfortunately I have tried everything on here but to no avail.  My phone goes through random restart parties like's 1699.  Charger, no charger, no matter what combination of network or roaming settings, or all networks off, and I bought my phone recently so it came installed with the latest update, but I've checked for updates regularly just in case something more recent comes out.

So far, no fix.

• 35. Echo keeps restarting itself
    goygacon Silver Expert

Software Version

2.002SP

Hardware

PRL Version

Android version

Baseband version

Kernel version

2.6.35.7-perf+release@release#1

Build number

GINGERBREAD

My phone restarted 3 times today...Wonder if we got a bug in the system?...

• 36. Echo keeps restarting itself
    Mz.2handGrip Newbie

I'm having the same problem. My echo keeps restarting itself atleast once a day, sometimes twice in one day. The phone could be sitting on my desk and next thing I know its restarting!!! I really did like the echo at first but now its becoming an issue; Restarting, constantly force closing, full battery in the morning and dead before noon...I paid too much money for this phone to have these type of issues!!!

• 37. Echo keeps restarting itself
    jerrybphotography Newbie

Mine was doing it too. At least 3 times a day. I didn't know it was a problem though, just thought that was what it did lol. Now it won't work at all, can't even get past the start screen. Shame, I liked this phone but obviously has design problems.... I'll be taking mine to a store tomorrow to see if they can get it to work.

• 38. Echo keeps restarting itself
    butterflypree Newbie

This is basicly a reply to everyone...This restarting problem and force closing has also been an issue for me. I've just noticed that if u go into the ABOUT section, then the STATUS section, you will see UP TIME...that will tell you how long your phone has been awake. Now my phone says 74:09:37 n counting. This might help people check to see if it's turning off without your knowledge as well. I've also noticed that mine only seems to turn off when it's in sleep mode so I've turned up my timer on the display shutting off to 10min so if I'm in the middle of something and have to set it aside for a few minutes it will not go into sleep mode causing it to possibly shutdown. (Obviously this will drain the battery more but is worth it if you are doing something important on it. You can select screen timeout up to 30min). One more thing I've noticed that for every app I have on my phone I have selected them to update automatically and I've noticed that my phone restarting has sometimes been from an update and maybe everytime for all I know. I do love this phone and if this is some kind of error I would really appreciate for it to be fixed ASAP!! I have been a sprint customer for 6+yrs and never had this many issues with a cell phone prior to buying the kyocera echo. I also have every possible update to this phone so that is not the problem.

p.s. Why has this phone been put on the EOL list?

• 39. Echo keeps restarting itself
    SPHColeman Newbie

Mine has always done that, but two days ago it stayed in a loop and I wasn't able to use my phone. Had to take it in to the store to get it updated. Turns out, they couldn't figure it out, so they gave me a new phone. NOW I'm having issues trying to get all the settings and stuff to work. There is no longer a standard keyboard, so all the keys are different. There is now a voice command and swype button on the keyboard and even though I have them both disabled, if I press the key on the keyboard, they start working.  I am not a happy camper right now - trying to reset everything.

• 40. Echo keeps restarting itself
    MistressJett Newbie

I'd like to chime in myself, my Echo will restart itself at least twice daily, and usually while I'm not touching it and haven't touched it for quite some time. My device does not shut down completely, just cycles through it's restart process.

I have the software version 2.002SP, and the Android version 2.3.4.

I changed a setting as I type this, to stop automatically updating apps, on the off chance that perhaps it was restarting itself after installing an update. We'll see if that changes anything.

Aside from this issue, I am overall quite pleased with the Echo, and sad to see it on the EOL list so soon.

• 41. Echo keeps restarting itself
    shellieiam Newbie

I have had my echo for about 6 months.. and it still restarts to this  day. Had the repair shop update, factory restart and everything else  they could do to fix it... still nothing. Didnt replace it since  everyone elese replacements seem to do the same thing. Last night I  checked for an update.. there was on so I updated my phone like an  idoit. It took over 12 hours for it to finish. Now I can not reply to  any of my texts. The touch screen is working fine. I can make calls. It  seems to just be both input methods, the swype and the android keyboard. Might anyone have a solution, or know how i can reinstall the older version?

Model number     m9300

software ver     2.002sp

hardware     0103

prl ver     1123

android ver     2.3.4

baseband ver     2.002

kernel ver     2.6.35.7-perf+release@release#1

build number     gingerbread    

• 42. Re: Echo keeps restarting itself
    flapjacksmike Regular Visitor

Random restarts may sometimes be because of low internal memory. You can double check your internal memory by going to the Home screen -> Menu button -> Settings -> Storage. Check there if it is really low you may want to shut off memory hog apps or get an app which helps you stop this type of apps hogging precious memory space. You can tell which apps are currently running by going to Menu - > Manage Apps -> Running tab, then select a specific app and click "Stop".

Be careful to only shutdown applications you have downloaded, and not operating system processes. I am not responsible if you crash the wrong application, always double check that it is an okay app to stop.

• 43. Re: Echo keeps restarting itself
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

"Officially," Sprint will not recommend using task killers or stopping apps from running.  From a nuisance stand point and based on the particular apps design, you may have to repeatedly stop the app from running, or you may inadvertantly stop the wrong app causing further complications.  Android 2.2 and later really addressed this problem more effeciently than previous OS's so there is no need to stop apps from running. 

For a low memory situation on an Android, the only real fix is to uninstall apps.  Many entry-level Androids didn't have more than a half a Gig of internal memory alloted for applications and most have less than this.  Many users are simply adding more apps than the phone was designed for.  

Tom

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...