This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2012 12:13 PM by Defeated RSS

Change of 1500 minute everything data.

JoeBlow74 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

This is what I saw when I looked at my bill today. How the **** can Sprint do this to me? I just signed a two year agreement with them in January for two Iphones and a set monthly price. I have had this plan for almost two years now and they have the balls to do this to me. ***!!! I want out of my two year agreement. I just upgraded last month and signed a new two year contract. I just got off the phone with Sprint and they are willing to let me out of my contract, but I would need to return the two iphones. I am willing to give back the two iphones, but I would like to get reimbursed my

$450 for my last bill, which includes two Apple Care plan's plus my normal monthly bill

$300 for the purchase of two iphone 4s

My two HTC EVO's that I traded in as a buy back program

Can somebody from Sprint Please call me so I can figure this out?

Monthly charge for service plan

$110.00

Plan Includes

• Everything Data Share Plan

• Line 1: $110.00 Minimum Monthly Charge

• Lines 2-5: $19.99 Monthly Charge

• 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes

• Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime

• Nationwide Long Distance Included

• Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included

• Nights: M-Th 7pm-7am Wknd: F 7pm-M 7am

• Caller ID

• Call Waiting

• Three-Way Calling

• Voicemail

Plan add-ons

$0.00

VoiceMail Included

VoiceMail

1. Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime

$0.00

Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime

Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime

1. Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm

$0.00

Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm

Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm

$0.00

Data/Msg/Amer Roam/Sprint Nav

Unl Data/Msg/Amer Roam/GPS Navigation

$10.00

Premium Data (required for this device)

We require this add-on for phones made to deliver a superior wireless experience including Web, email, video and social networking.

• 1. Change of 1500 minute everything data.
    AwaitingModeration Silver Expert

I would remove your phone number as the spammers will get it.

• 2. Change of 1500 minute everything data.
    scroll2099 Regular Visitor

Jesse,

I don't see anything wrong with your plan. It is the same price plan. The only difference is that is being broken down in two pieces. Before Feb 1, it was $129.99 for first two lines, and now it is $110 for line 1 and $19.99 for line two, which adds $129.99 for both lines. The main difference there is if you would have had a employee discount; the discount is based on the base $110 instead of the $129.99. So, if you don't have an employee discount you are not affected.

scroll2099

• 3. Change of 1500 minute everything data.

Yes, I have a 23% discount. 

• 4. Change of 1500 minute everything data.
    Levi4u Master

What I don't understand is why you upgraded in January when you knew in December this was coming.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/82926

• 5. Change of 1500 minute everything data.

Yes, so since Sprint is now charging $19.99 for line 2, this changes my 23% discount.  I am now getting a discount on $110 instead of $129.  This makes me pay an additional $4.37 per month.  So, yes, I am not happy.  I did file a complaint through Washington State Attorney General office of Consumer Protection, so Sprint should be expecting a call.  Remember, Sprint Retention Department was willing to release me from my contract if I return the two phones.  This is what the lady said on the phone today.  But, if I return my two iPhones, Sprint will not refund my $759.58 for two phones, two Apple Care plans, one months bill, and out of pocket money for the new phones.  So, even if I return the new iphones, I am out $759.58. Sprint has me bent over both ways.  This is why I am upset. 

• 6. Change of 1500 minute everything data.

Well, I did not think Sprint was dumb enough to change my contract in mid contract.  I thought the change was only for new customers.  That is why I jumped at a chance to upgrade early due to a special they wher having at the time.  I thought if I got in early, I would not have to pay extra money. I guess I was wrong. 

• 7. Change of 1500 minute everything data.
    JEANKSME2 Regular Visitor

This just happened to me also.  I have not agreed to any plan changes, my current contract is not up and my agreement was for my first line @129.99 and my second line for free!

• 8. Re: Change of 1500 minute everything data.

Don't fill bad I got told that UNLIMITED DATA is not enough DATA for a phone my girlfriend just got so they want to charge me more. Their exact words was "THE PHONE USES MORE DATA SO WE HAVE TO CHARGE MORE FOR THAT PHONE"more data how do you use more then UNLIMITED is that not INFINITY, The most anyone could possibly use if I'm wrong tell me.

• 9. Change of 1500 minute everything data.

No matter how you look at it a contract is a contract.  It is a legal binding contract that Sprint cannot break.  I agreed to pay a certain amount per month with a certain cell plan.  Sprint cannot change that plan during mid contract.  Any lawer will tell you that if a contract is signed, that contract cannot be changed in any way. 

• 10. Change of 1500 minute everything data.
    scroll2099 Regular Visitor

JoeBlow74,

If you are planning on keeping Sprint services, you can ask them to give you a credit for the difference that is not covered by the employee discount for every month under your new contract.

Another option could be that If they want you to return the iPhones, they at least need to negotiate a better deal, such as receiving the devices as if you were returning them within the 14 days satisfaction, and then allow you to fulfill the old contract with your old devices with the same price plan and same discount.

Then, if Sprint stills your provider of choice you can sign up a new contract with them, otherwise you can just walk away.

Scroll2099

• 11. Change of 1500 minute everything data.

The problem is I sold my two EVo's to Sprint as part of their buy back program.  My wife works from home and needs a phone for work and making money.  I cannot go without a phone for one minute.  I do like the credit for the difference not covered by my 23% discount per month.  If somebody from Customer service read this, I guess I can try.  Or I could wait until the Washongton State Attorney General Office of Consumer Protection calls Sprint and works out a deal.

• 12. Change of 1500 minute everything data.
    AwaitingModeration Silver Expert

I think if you look at your agreement, the 23% discount is not mentioned, so basically the cost of the plan did not change, just how they discount it, which I don't think is in the contract, the discount is not mentioned anywhere in mine.

• 13. Change of 1500 minute everything data.
    nyjdb16 Newbie

I complained to sprint about this same issue. You are allowed to cancel your lines within 30 days of the first change in billing cycle. So in my case they explained I have until March 18 to cancel and not pay any prorated charges.

I had the same theory if you can change my contract then why can't I?

• 14. Change of 1500 minute everything data.
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

All carriers have language in the contracts that allow them to change the terms without your permission.  If the change causes a negative material change to the customer the customer can cancel w/o paying EFT but they must complain within so many days of the change taking place and you do not get any refunds for equipment costs.  Applecare can be cancelled for the remainder of the term (check with Apple). 

Cheers,

JoeBlow74 wrote:

No matter how you look at it a contract is a contract.  It is a legal binding contract that Sprint cannot break.  I agreed to pay a certain amount per month with a certain cell plan.  Sprint cannot change that plan during mid contract.  Any lawer will tell you that if a contract is signed, that contract cannot be changed in any way. 

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points