HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3
- Security Update
- Updated Peep client ( to align with Twitter)
- Battery life improvements
- The new software version is: 2.77.651.3
- The customer may initiate the update beginning 2/2 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 2/7
- Refer to the HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Updates blog for install instructions
- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,
check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device
Personally, since any update to the Shift has been 'LONG IN COMING', I sure hope this resolves the homescreen reloading issue on these precious HTC Sense UI phones. I'm going to get the Nexus from now on since we can't rely on the manufactures and carriers to support these SMART (BUT DUMB) phones. Anyway, I have been trying the manual update process throughout the day via 3G and WiFi and the Shift is telling me nothing is available. So far this update is a false promise.
Just did update...
Seems snappier / faster mulit task & Sense UI lock/refresh spinning wheel seems gone(:
Yet to test battery life...
(But happy as is... After keeping Background Tasks off.... Get about 2days, depending on use. Mby I can leave Background Tasks on now? Will do some testing for sure... Battery life was bad in general. But, for me, Background task off is a Non issue... Actually less distraction. If I need to check something... Go into app & refresh. Worth extra battery to me...)
Good Luck All... Hope we All see an improvement. But ICS woulda been better!!
Mby that's Next?? & this is the first set of updates? I hope...
Here's hoping this will resolve the UI issues for now, but HTC's name has definitely been tarnished by how this has been handled. I'll be getting the Galaxy Nexus as soon as its available to say the least
Well, another blow to the CDMA carriers like Sprint. Seems i won't be getting a Nexus from them anytime soom. http://androidcommunity.com/google-ends-full-support-for-cdma-devices-including-verizons-galaxy-nexus-20120203/
I was just seaching for an update for this phone and I was happy to find this page. I just did the install and we'll see what happens with the battery life..My phone hasn't been too bad with battery issues like a lot of others have complained about, but I'd still like to see an improvement..sometimes I can go hours and the bar will stay 100% and than sometimes after 2 hrs it goes down a notch, which still isn't too bad because that is usually still around 80%.
Also concerning ICS..it's NOT coming to this phone according to my wife's cousin who is a manager at a Sprint store. I asked him about it and he said the update is too much for the phone, because it eats up all of the memory I guess. I'm hoping somehow it'll still arrive for the Shift but as of right now we are NOT getting ICS guys.
I'm having to keep a charger with me at all times as it runs out of juice constantly. I've deleted most of the apps that were always running but to no avail. To top that I'm having trouble connecting to both 3g and wireless networks. 3g in south Texas is about 1/2 a mb download speed on a good day. My coworkers laugh at me as they are on AT&T and T-mobile and run speed tests side by side and get 2-3mb speed. I don't know why I'm paying extra for "premium data".Hope this firmware helps. Still tells me no firmware is available on the 6th.
This update does not address any of the UI issues. My phone still had them. I finally went to a Sprint Store and had them give me a replacement Evo Shift. I'm still having the issue, plus the screen was all messed up, and gets dust underneath it. Bad quality control.
What are my options now? [...]
Message was edited by: mapesy
After applying this software update, I'm now experiencing the following issues:
- When "Automatic" time is set, I do not get the correct time zone (Arizona) it's an hour off.
- When I set to manual time zone "Arizona" it displays as "Mountain" which is currently correct, but I hope this doesn't mess up once daylight savings kicks in!
- Keyboard is messed up. Random keys on the physical keyboard randomly do random things such as the "g" key taking me to the web browser no matter what app I'm typing in. I messed around and had to turn off "English" in the International Keyboard in Touch Input settings.... though a few hours later it re-enabled itself on the phone, but I now no longer have the random keyboard problems.
c'mon now folks! what gives? I do better bug testing at a state university!
Well this update sucks. My phone was fine but after the update here is a list of problems.
Won't dial numbers(have to reboot)
Won't stay connected to my Bluetooth device(Have tor reboot)
It locks up(have pull the battery and to reboot)
It drops calls(have to reboot)
Won't hold a charge for more that 4 hours. even if I am not doing anything with it.
Sprint is proud to have been named to The Civic 50, an annual survey of America?s most community-minded companies.