1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 3:40 PM by 14KNIGHT Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    Jassenlaplant Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

the palm pre was so much better than this crappy iphone so much easier to use did multiple apps at once the iphone you have to exit a program to access another.

• 16. Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

This link explains the reason for the Premium data fee, in short it is primarily to compensate for increased cost of providing service because of high data usage in PDA phones as compared to standard feature phones. http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2011/01/18/sprint-makes-premium-data-changes#comment-19752

• 17. Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    Jassenlaplant Newbie

thanks for the info on waze seems like a good one

• 18. Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    LongTimeCustomer123 Regular Visitor

To RC1024:

Yes.  At this point, we all understand that the fee is due to (and I quote your response) "high data usage in PDA phones".  But...  it's an unlimited data plan.  The plan by itself, before applying the additional fee, states that it is an unlimited data plan.  But if we purchase a phone that MAY use more data (depends on what the owner uses the phone for), Sprint will charge extra. 

But wait...  if you try to do something that requires a lot of data, we get the message that the operation can not be performed unless we are connected to a WiFi network, and thus not through Sprint's network.

So you pay a fee to be able to get more data on a plan that supposedly was an "unlimited data" plan.  But you can not use this data, if it is too much for the sprint network.   You have to be connected to a WiFi network.  If you are not near a WiFi source that you can access (at an airport, for example, where WiFi is often $10 for 1 day access), then you are out of luck.  The $10 premium data fee will not not get us our of this jam.

• 19. Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Thank you for your reply, I had posted the information in response to Jassenlaplant. they seemed to indicate that the $10 premium data fee was a charge for Sprint TV or Sprint Navigation.

• 20. Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    seeblue1 Bronze Expert

No, iOS 5 doesn't "exit" a program when switching between apps, i.e., you don't "close" one app and "open" another.

Let's say you're in Safari and you want to use Maps. Double-click the Home button and click on one of your recently used apps from the Multi-tasking bar…like Maps. Maps opens on the screen.

Want to go back to Safari? Double-click on the Home button and click Safari from the Multi-tasking bar….you'll return to the last viewed Safari page. So, click-click, and click.

Instead of a rolodex view of open apps, IOS uses an icon switcher view. It's debatable which one is quicker to use; a few button presses in iOS  or scrolling/flicking and picking an app in WebOS. Also debatable, which is more intuitive and easier to use.

• 21. Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.

Different strokes for different folks...  I agree with those who think WebOS on the Palm Pre was better.  Very easy to switch between apps.  Then, when you are done, just flick up, and the app is closed.  On the iPhone, as pointed out, the apps don't close when you open a new app.  But then, if you don't remember to actually go and really close them, you'll end up with every app you ever opened running in the back ground.  To close them, you can'f just flick up.  You have to double-click the home button, then click-and-hold the icon until the icons start shaking, then click on close button, hit the home button again to get out of the "close app" mode, then click home again to really go back to the home screen.  When I first got my iPhone, I would forget to go through the 27 steps to close apps.  At its worse point, my battery would drain in about 2 hours, until a friend pointed out that I had all those apps running in the background.  I still like the iphone, though.  But multi-tasking on WebOS was much better.  Too bad not enough people got on board to keep it alive.

• 22. Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    seeblue1 Bronze Expert

Typically, you don't need to "close" apps from the multitasking bar as few are ever "running".  So actually, I should have clarified that, some apps may not look "open", but may not be "closed", but actually they're just suspended.  Since iOS handles multitasking behind the scenes and differently from WebOS and Android, making straight comparisons between open, closed and running states in these different OS's isn't accurate. But one thing you'll rarely find in iOS, is slowdowns and hiccups, problems that appear with other OS's.  Somehow, Apple is doing their control thing and keeping the user out of trouble by allocating resources and memory behind the scenes.

The big kicks to battery life are overuse of push and location services.

A recent article on multitasking in iOS:

http://www.macworld.com.au/help/ios-multi-tasking-explained-42345/

• 23. Re: Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    LKKCJD25 Newbie

So since we do NOT get the full Feature of our plans and NO 4G in my area STILL! what will you compensate me with since I AM PAYING for PREMIUM services but in the end what the subscriber gets is NOTHING??? WE pay for thease services monthly and we dont see it happening.I am surprised that no lawsuit has come of this.When my plan is done I think I am done too! T-Mobile is sounding soo good now!

• 24. Re: Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Depending on your device some features that we provide may not be available.  Which device do you have?  The premium data fee is not for 4G service but for increased data use of the smart phones.   It is charged to all smart phones with the exception of the Replenish whether they have 4g capability or not

• 25. Re: Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.

So the fee is for increased data use?  Then why are we not allowed to download large amounts of data on the "unlimited" data plan?  When I try to download a large app or a large app update on my iPhone, I always get the message that the download is too large, and can only be done using WiFi.  When the phone is connected to WiFi, it is not using Sprint's network.  So again, why do we pay a premium data fee for increased data use on a plan that already is unlimited, but we are not allowed to download large amounts of data?  Too much data for the unlimited data plan with the increased data usage fee???

• 26. Re: Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

As this is an IPhones forum I am assuming the application you are talking about are coming from itunes store.  That is a function of the store not wanting to tie up it servers  Wifi will download large applications much faster.  You can download what you will from the other sources we do not redirect you to WiFi for those downloads. 

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points