This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 7:10 PM by edjuan22 RSS

LTE FOR PUERTO RICO

NATIBEL Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

We are having problems with coverage in Puerto Rico for several months, I would like to know is the LTE is coming to Puerto Rico because the Wimax is never reached more than Bayamon area.

• 1. LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

You can get all info on LTE and get notified of the future coverage’s on this site http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:lte

Abe

• 2. LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    gpr01 Regular Visitor

this will get worse on March 1 AT & T to stop providing CDMA, we are offering customers of Centennial changing equipment and honor the plan that had no credit check, deposit or renewal of contract. All of Puerto Rico will suffer for lack of planning Sprint, calling customer service, they indicated that according to zip code everything is fine, insisting tell you a small breakdown, but the reality of us in Puerto Rico the equipment on hand is that there are few places with good coverage, the 3G has a similar speed to dial up, 4G? actually exists in Puerto Rico? Executives must take action on the matter (provide monthly discounts or exempt from paying penalty for termination of contract) before users make a request to the FCC or federal court.

• 3. LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    NATIBEL Newbie

Hi, I had read the article and it says nothing about when LTE is coming to Puerto Rico and does not give me the option to let me know further changes in coverage.

• 4. LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

You can get notified when LTE  is coming to Puerto Rico http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:lte#notify

Abe

• 5. LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    ROCKYPR Newbie

Hey Abe or any Sprint Associate, is that the only "real" answer you can give all the Puerto Rican people? That was the same answer Sprint give to us about WIMAX, and guess what, the notification never arrive and WIMAX is dead. Thanks like always you give us a lot of useful information.

• 6. LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    NATIBEL Newbie

Me da gracia porque todo es que hay problema y que no pueden hacer mucho y cuando le mencionas a la FCC comiensan z buscar maneras para que no los reportes.

• 7. Re: LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    ZBOXZBOX Newbie

Dude, Dude, no cell company in Puerto Rico is good but sprint just got worse then all of the company of cell phones. We like to say that our company is the best but we can't. However we can say that sprint is one of the best in costumer support and that's saying a lot. but what we need at these point is at lest, truly compete with the other company. we need what other company is providing, LTE and sprint's WIMAX and good cell phone signal, is that to much to ask; Maybe, but we the costumers wont that, a good  all around service. I know, i know sprint is not financially well off but "IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WELL COME".

• 8. Re: LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    gordingopr Newbie

i called to costumer service and they told me that they are concerned that the network in puerto rico is having a lot of problems but that they can't do nothing about it. I was told again to check the website that is for maintenance updates and for the past year its says the same, i saw in a blog last night that sprint was building the netwrok in puerto rico with federal funds, and also says that the implementation has to be completed to march 15 2012. I hope that blog info its true because the network is going from bad to forst. Also in that blog its says that they are going to use Wimax here, wich i read that is a obsolete technology, so thats the change os the vision network to puerto rico??? please let us know the truth regarding the issues of the network in puerto rico.

• 9. Re: LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    LCOANGELI1 Regular Visitor

Hi Ricardo, before working this up with the FCC try la Junta Reglamentadora de Telecomunicaciones en PR. They will fix it right away!!

I've just got out of contract without ETF, if you check my other posts within the forum community you will see details of my experience and testimony.

Regards

LC

• 10. Re: LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

It rummored that Sprint LTE is coming to Puerto Rico by mid or late 2012 at http://s4gru.com/index.php?%2Fblog%2F1%2Fentry-92-puerto-ricovirgin-islands-is-scheduled-to-be-in-the-second-round-of-sprint-network-visionlte-deployment-in-2012or-is-it-sooner%2F This is not official by Sprint. Also in another site a while back ago (I can not find the link) it was cited by a manager from Sprint in Puerto Rico that Puerto Rico will be one of the first to get Network Vision. Also check https://network.sprint.com/ with your zip code since the south and west area (Ponce and Mayagues areas) of Puerto Rico will be getting tower upgrades before Network Vision. Hope this helps.

• 11. Re: LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    crashpr Regular Visitor

Here is the bad news for the LTE in Puerto Rico... Apparently is going to be on the 1900Mhz and not on 800Mhz band so dont much more expect more coverage that the one you have now.... While AT&T and Open Mobile are deploying on 700Mhz...

I left for at&t... i'ven having issues for more than a year now but i was on contract...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/79541

Good Luck

• 12. Re: LTE FOR PUERTO RICO
    edjuan22 Regular Visitor

The March 1st "doomsday" of yours came and went and nothing happened. I mean, I'm still having the same good quality voice calls and the same zippy 3G service. No 4G, even though we've been paying for it for quite some time but, it's not like I'm complaining. There sure is room for improvement but, come on...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...