This discussion is archived
1 13 14 15 16 17 31 Previous Next 451 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 4:11 PM by mapesy Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 210. Re: Why remain a customer?
    NGBmedia Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

I would be curious to know if Sprint has any plans on converting/supplementing their large areas of IDEN-only coverage to/with CDMA, particularly in North Dakota and Iowa. I am spending a lot more time there, and currently roam when traveling. I have been looking forward to this Sprint-owned coverage being turned into CDMA native network for quite some time--but it hasn't happened yet.

With the turndown of the IDEN network, it looks like they are still selling IDEN-only phones in these zip codes on the web site. It seems hard to believe that Sprint would just turn off the IDEN network in these areas and let those customers go vs. launch CDMA and retain those customers, as well as provide more areas where customers do not need to roam!

Anyone have any info on that?

--Nat

• 211. Why remain a customer?
    NAZARETH89 Newbie

To be honest I have only been a customer for a few years now, but my family has been with sprint for over a decade. A little over a year ago I bought an htc Hero, at the time I was allowed to upgrade every year. A short time afterward, sprint announced that it would no longer support the htc hero for further android updates. A little after that the upgrade policy was changed dramatically back to the two year plan. In essence they shafted anyone who purchased a hero with sprint, then screwed them again with the change to their upgrade policy. Since then I have been told that the only way sprint will rectify the problem is if I buy out my contract.

Besides the phone issue I am constantly finding that my bill is off or wrong, and that my phone will arbitrarily drop service when my other sprint phone has perfect reception.

I am not going to tell you whether to leave or not, but I will give you this as a warning, if its happened to one person, its probably happened to hundreds.

Just my two cents.

• 212. Why remain a customer?
    lissysdad Newbie

Just one of Sprints questionable policies.  I asked aboput a discount on an everything plan if I renewed my account feeling the rates are too high.  There are no competative rates for OCCASIONAL data users.  The little bit they offered me was worthless and the csr agreed that I should go elsewhere if i had a problem with the rates???   WAY TO PUT THE CUSTOMER NUMBER 1 SPRINT!!

• 213. Re: Why remain a customer?
    njbango Regular Visitor

Since my contracts for my 2 additional lines were signed on May 31, 2010 I am still within the original terms of that contract which states that my ETF will be prorated $10 per month until I reach the final '6 months' giving me a total of $50 ETF each for lines 2 and 3 on my account.....correct?

The new contract terms as of 9/9/11 should not apply to my existing contracts. Just want this clerified since I intend to buy out both contracts now that my line 1 contract has expired.

I see no reason to pay sprint an extra $10 per month for 4G (which I do not get in my area) or for the "Truly Unlimited Data" plan they try to convince everyone they are getting for the extra $10 per month per line for smartphones. I have 3G. I am not getting anything more than that therefore I shall not pay for something I am not getting which I already have! Pure asinine! It's rediculous to pay an extra $120 a year to upgrade to a new phone per line for something I currently pay $155 plus monthly for (including rediculous fees and taxes which keep going up!) for talk, text and unlimited data...and now my bill will go up at least $2 more per month since Sprint changed how the discounts work on my existing lines. OUTRAGOUS!!!

I've been with Sprint over 13 years. I've been through thick and thin with this company. I always loved the service and decent reception but with all the changes impacting my monthly bill I have to go with something less expensive. Considering I don't use more than 2GB/data per month anyway it's really asinine for me to continue paying for minutes and data I am not even using. Sprint refuses to offer a plan with less minutes for shared 'Everything" plans (I use less than 200 minutes per month on all my lines!) and I just can't see wasting any more money on something I can't use or am not getting. ($120 extra per year per line for 3G for upgrading my smartphone.) Maybe sprint hasn't heard that the economy is bad and people don't have money to waste! Time to simplify my options.

I'm going to T Mobile.....I can get 2 lines of service on their 4G LTE network (one line unlimited data-5GB/Data at 4Gspeeds per month INCLUDING a mobile Hotspot (which Sprint charges $30/month alone for!) with an extra 4GB/Month of data for a Tablet and 4 other devices) and 1 line with just talk and text for just $110/month. I currently pay Sprint $155 plus for 3 lines of so called unlimited talk, text and data(and can't even use my 'unlimited' data for my tablet!)....it's a no brainer!

nice doing business with ya but the winds of change are calling.

• 214. Why remain a customer?
    Lady_luck7 Newbie

it is very dissapointing that one as a customer always hold our end of the bargain and companies just do what ever they want because they give excuses as to what suppose to be right. we are paying for a service we dont get cause my husband's phone ( the model) does not work in our area (something to do with the phones hardware and sprints towers) and this was determined by sprint themselves but yet they dont want to give him a different kind of phone.

Thank you Sprint and Dan Hesse for your wonderful "award winning" customer service, oh that by the way is terrible because either they CAN'T or WON'T do anything about the situation or are insulting and making racist remarks thinking that one can't hear them... ITS CALLED MUTEEEEEE

• 215. Re: Why remain a customer?
    SP_Desi Valued Member

NAZARETH89,

I’m sorry to hear that you have been experiencing so many problems with your bill and phone. I’m sure it’s been more than frustrating for you so I’ll be happy to look into your options. I will be sending you a private message.

Thanks,

Desiree

• 216. Why remain a customer?

And when exactly is this miracle coming to Oklahoma?  We never got 4G.

• 217. Why remain a customer?
    SP_Desi Valued Member

njbango,

If you entered into a contract prior to Sept. 9, 2011 the prorated Early Termination Fee is calculated by taking the months remaining times $10 with a maximum of $200 and minimum of $50. To view full details and the Early Termination Fee chart please follow this link: Learn about Early Termination Fee.

I realize that some customers may not need unlimited data but just to put it into perspective; 2GB of data is like watching about 3 full length movies per month. The average data user utilizes their internet for much more than that. This is why Sprint has chosen to not restrict customers by imposing limits or overage charges for data use from their mobile phones. So to clarify, the $10 Premium Data add-on is not a charge for 4G services. It was implemented to address the increased costs with operating smart phones because they use a significant amount of more data than an average feature phone. Plus, with 4G LTE being spread to 250 million people by the end of 2013 this will be one more reason to stick with Sprint’s Everything Data plans.

Once again, we do appreciate you being a long time Sprint customer and hope that we can continue to be your wireless provider of choice. If there is any way that I might be of assistance please feel free to send a private message.

Thank you,

Desiree

• 218. Re: Why remain a customer?
    njbango Regular Visitor

Thank you for the info Desi. That was what I was looking for.

As for the typical Sprint analogies on 4G, the '$10 data add on charge' and 'unlimited data' you failed to read what I posted:

I DO NOT HAVE 4G in New Jersey! Therefore I do not wish to fork out an extra $120 per line a year for using 4G that I do NOT have. Also considering that Sprint's venture with Clearwire to install 4G across the nation was at the expense of many Sprint customers who forked out the extra $10/month for the priviledge of having 4G (when they in fact did not) does not make me feel like waiting for Sprint to roll out their 4G LTE network at our expense yet again....when I can just get it eslewhere since other carriers already have had it for quite some time. Furthermore Sprint changed the rules of the game by saying they are not charging the fee for 4G, which they previously were for the EVO (and a few other devices.) Now the fee is for 'increased use of data' on their networks. So which is it? Because nothing on my end has changed other than the fact that sprint wants an extra $10 a month for my use of an android phone that is in fact not an EVO. As far as I can tell I still have Unlimited Data. But now it costs an extra $10 more per month with an upgraded device.

Now on the rediculous analogy that people use more than 2GB of data per month when streaming movies on their phones....

1) I never understood why anyone would want to watch a movie on their cellphone! I prefer my 32" HDTV! People have to much time on their hands if they are using a cellphone to watch tv or videos!

2) I only use the data to browse email or internet...I do NOT download photos, videos or stream music on my phone or tablet (and my tablet works on wifi which is pretty much available just about everywhere these days so if I did stream music, vids, etc it would make no difference.) So based on my uses and your data use calculator (or any other cellphone providers calculator) I wouldn't even come close to using 1GB of data per month! Based on my use of my devices in recent months I have only hit 2GB once in the entire 12 months of the past year. Since my new provider is giving me unlimited data including 5GB of 4G data per month and an additional 4GB/data on my tablet per month included in the advertised plan I should be ok. But thanx for the concearn.   Sprint needs to find ways to keep their long term customers....all of these changes which end up costing us more money for something we already have is not gonna do it. after 13 years it's time for a change. Once again thank you for supplying the info I was looking for.

• 219. Re: Why remain a customer?
    Valued Member

I dont know what u are talking about.  The 10 dollars has never been for 4g.  I had the original evo 4g,  and the 10 dollar fee was called premium data and the evo was taxed because it had " a wicked fast processor and a kick stand" sprints exaxt words when they made the unlimited data to a lobster buffet comparison .  I know it sounds stupid,  but when we early adopters were complaining about it most you guys called us cry babies even when we said the tax would come to all smart phones.

Still to this day there is no added cost for 4g.  Sprint made up premium data fee for all smart phones. Even some feature phones.  I went from havin a touch pro 2 to a 10 dollar monthly charge when my data usage went down when i purchased the evo.  Truthfully i would have accepted a 4g tax,  but not one because sprint said my last smart phone did not use as much as my new one or because i now had a wicked. Fast processor. I even had the online stats that proved my prior 3 phones consumed more data than when the evo activated.  Paid more used less.  "reason i used less" wifi was a pain on the touch pro and other. Windows mobile devices.

Hey sprint is the processor still wicked fast?

• 220. Why remain a customer?
    wocowboy Regular Visitor

Probably never.   Remember that Sprint is switching its coverage to roaming over half of Oklahoma on March 1, so banking on future upgrades that really mean anything as far as areal coverage goes, is probably moot at this point.  

• 221. Re: Why remain a customer?
    Regular Visitor

Desi, I hear what you are saying about the increased cost for the data, but I have 3+ yr old 8330 blackberries, the data usage is nil on these things because they are incredibly slow by today's standards. You cant tell me that it costs another 10 bucks a month per BB for data usage? Here's what I think Sprint should do, get rid of the 10$ a month add on, just raise the plan prices by 10$ and call it even. This way people dont even see it, its just part of the plan. The way it is now, people see it and complain (like me). This is causing Sprint more pain because people can see it on their bill. 

• 222. Re: Why remain a customer?
    momoispeachy Newbie

I just got Sprint's lovely text about how they are cutting service in Oklahoma and I am not happy. This is a total bait and switch on their part. I have been with sprint for less than a year but and they are pretty much cutting service to all of Oklahoma unless you are right on one of the highways which I am not at either home or work. They are allowing us to roam but most of the services will be cut like my anytime moile to mobile and my internet. I pay $200 a month for two android phones and theis is complete stupidity on Sprints part because nobody in their right mind would stay with them. I'm assuming they lost their contract with another carrier on using their towers and this is why it is happening. I want out of my contract so I can go get service with someone that actually cares about their customers.

• 223. Re: Why remain a customer?
    NAZARETH89 Newbie

Good luck finding any carrier that really cares about their customers. Its all an act to get our money as customers.

• 224. Re: Why remain a customer?
    AwaitingModeration Silver Expert

momoispeachy wrote:

I just got Sprint's lovely text about how they are cutting service in Oklahoma and I am not happy. This is a total bait and switch on their part. I have been with sprint for less than a year but and they are pretty much cutting service to all of Oklahoma unless you are right on one of the highways which I am not at either home or work. They are allowing us to roam but most of the services will be cut like my anytime moile to mobile and my internet. I pay $200 a month for two android phones and theis is complete stupidity on Sprints part because nobody in their right mind would stay with them. I'm assuming they lost their contract with another carrier on using their towers and this is why it is happening. I want out of my contract so I can go get service with someone that actually cares about their customers.

What will happen is the change will happen, instead of your device thinking you are on the Sprint Network, it will show roaming. If you roam to much, (800 Voice minutes, 300 MB data) in a 30 day period, Sprint will send you a text letting you know your roaming is excessive. If your roaming continues to be excessive, you will eventually get a letter From Sprint giving you 30 days to find a new carrier, and it will give you a date your service will be terminated for excessive roaming, and you are released from your contract without any ETF.

1 13 14 15 16 17 31 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points