This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 2:19 AM by GranDebMoriarty Branched to a new discussion. RSS

On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued

mapesy Sprint Admin
Currently Being Moderated

Please read this important message about picture mail storage decommissioning and what you will need to do to save pictures before the deadline.

• 1. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    DDude1324 Newbie

Is there any reason in particular its being discontinued?? I really love the website it makes it so much easier for me to manage my albums than any other carrier

• 2. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    nas35 Bronze Expert

Im going to miss picture mail online storage so the question is why let picture mail online storange to be disconitied and a lot of pepole like this feature we will miss it.

• 3. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

I am sure going to miss the picture mail. mapesy do you know how it going to work now when we send picture as MMS to an email address since with picture mail they recived an email that was link to the picture mail website. Would it now be send as an attachment?

• 4. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    mapesy Sprint Admin

Yes, that’s absolutely how it will be sent – as an attachment without the reference to Picture Mail.

• 5. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    mapesy Sprint Admin

I talked to the product manager about why is Sprint making these changes. Here is what she said.

Sprint strives to offer the things that matter most to our customers while still meeting shareholder expectations in an increasingly competitive market.  The overwhelming majority of customers devices have a ‘gallery’ where customers can share images by phone and email and post to other social media sites.  With the numerous 3rd party photo storage/social sites available (Photobucket, Snapfish, Flickr, Facebook, etc), customers will still have options to store their memories online.

Thanks for the feedback,

mapesy

• 6. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    DDeeey Newbie

Well this just sucks.  I kept getting a casual data fee charge for literally no explainable reason from sprint for about a year. I had to call up each month to get it removed..they eventually acknolwedged the issue and said if i put a data block on my phone they would remove the casual data fee for my account permenantly so i wouldnt have to call in each month..only downside was that i couldnt get pictures on my phone even though i have a picture message plan.  So the only way i can get and send pictures from my phone number is through this website, and now sprint is doing away with it....I'm thinking sprint is about to lose a customer. 

• 7. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    lcelia10 Newbie

Just another reason as to why I am dropping my contract in 10 months.

• 8. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    RauschPix Newbie

I totally concur.  If they advertise that they offer picture mail, but can't provide it in a free manner (i.e. unexplainable data charges) then they should  give those who block data a reduction in their monthly fee because the whole product is not available as advertised.

• 9. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    nas35 Bronze Expert

So Mapesy what is going to take the place of picture mail online storage is Sprint going add something new to take the place of this?

• 10. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    mrcminnesota Expert

mapesy - ok, I don't think I am stupid but I have "tried" to click and drag the albums to the download PC (the only one I see is under the Share with friends) - nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

• 11. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

mrcminnesota,

It sounds like you're doing it right. I just tested on an album of my own to verify it's working properly at the moment. It may be a browser issue. You could try updating your browser or using a different browser. As a workaround you can save images by right-clicking on them and selecting "Save Picture As..." I hope this helps!

-Donnie

• 12. On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    mrcminnesota Expert

DONALIEN - thanks, I guess I thought IE 9 was pretty standard. I did use Firefox and was able to move the albums. Again thanks for the suggestion.

• 13. Re: On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    terk85 Regular Visitor

I just communicated with a chat rep and this is what I was told:

Customer: Ok. And there is no alternative to the Picture Mail website that is being discontinued?  
    Alan O.: Please do not worry about it, you can access all your Picture mail for your account, however you'll just not able to share them online.
    Alan O.: Is that ok with you?  
    Customer: I don't understand  
    Alan O.: Right now you can access your Picture mail account and also share the Pictures from you Picture mail account, right?  
    Customer: Ok  
    Alan O.: After this change only you'll not be able to share the Pictures from you Picture mail account  
    Alan O.: Only this change is going to happen on the Picture mail account
    Alan O.: Is that ok with you?  
    Customer: But if the entire website is going to be discontinued, how would I still have access to it?  
    Customer: The entire picture mail website  
    Alan O.: No, please be assured the picture mail website is not going to discontinue.  
    Customer: Nothing states just sharing functionality is going to be removed, but th entire webstie  
    Customer: "This website will be discontinued on 4/30/2012"  
    Customer: verbatum  
    Alan O.: Only some function, like share the pictures online from your online acocunt.  
    Alan O.: *account.

Obviously this rep has no clue what he is talking about since Sprint states "You will not lose your ability to take, receive or share pictures and videos. You will lose your ability to store and manage them online.".  Get your act together!  I hope there aren't many people that get misguided like this rep who can not clearly communicate the impact of the picture mail site going away.

• 14. Re: On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued
    mapesy Sprint Admin

I sent your experience on to the product manager of picturemail to let her know the situation.  Here is what she wrote.

terk85,

I deeply apologize for the incorrect information you received during your online chat with our CARE organization.

We make every effort to ensure our advocates have all the information they need to provide you, our customer with accurate, timely responses and in this case, we did not.  Let me try to clear up any misunderstanding. 

First, the Picture Mail online website (www.sprint.com/picturemail) will be discontinued as of 4/30/12.  All access and existing functionality on the website will cease after that date. 

What doesn’t change? ---- your ability to send, receive, forward photos, videos or audio to friends and family by MMS or email.  You can post directly to 3rd party sites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter from their applications.  

What action do you need to take? – access the website and download to pc or upload to a 3rd party site of your choice any media you wish to retain.  After 4/30/12 each individual online account and its contents deleted.  Again, my apologies for the inaccurate information you previously received. 

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.  We are already at work ensuring the “right” information is disseminated to all our front lines. 

--Ginger

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...