13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 3:10 AM by Madkenz RSS

Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?

TanyaJK Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I just recently purchased the new iphone 4s and am having serious issues with receiving text messages. It seems that what I send is received fine but I do not receive the response until the other person sends a second message. My boyfriend has an iphone and I was texting myself from his phone - I am always one message  behind whatever is sent, sometimes I get messages the next day. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggesstions on how to fix this?

Tanya

• 1. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee

I am sorry that you are having problems with receiving text from other people. From what I understand, you say your boyfriend has an iPhone as well and when you send from iPhone to iPhone, it is sent as an iMessage. iMessage does use data, so are you getting a good data signal and are you able to access the web on your device? You may also want to try and disable iMessage and retry to have a message sent from him to you.

Ray

• 2. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    TanyaJK Newbie

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the help. I am able to access the internet fine. I am having the issue with anyone I text regardless of phone or carrier. I just used his phone to get an idea of the delay. It actually doesn't show iMessage when I text him, he is still on the old operating system. In fact, the one person I have used iMessage with is the only one I didn't have an issue with. Just yesterday, my friend who has an htc sent me a text at 3:00 and I received it this morning at about 9:00 am. I'll still try shutting off the iMessage but I'm just concerned that it may not be the solution since I have the issue with everyone.

• 3. Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    Lexxxapr0 Regular Visitor

I have had it where messgaes just stop sending all together. I would get like 6-8 back with the unable to send the Messages with the Red Symbol. I then have to hard reset my phone and go through the process of resending all of them. It was happenign with iMessage and normal Text Messages. I never had this issue with my other Iphone 4 with Verizon, so I know it is Sprints network that is no good

• 4. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    amcd49 Newbie

Have been having issues since January. Most have resolved but currently cannot receive messages from 2 numbers.  Sprint store, sprint tech support and apple cannot pinpoint issue.  I have been transferred all over and done numerous resets,, etc.  No solution yet after hours of phone calls.  This has become a full time job to try to resolve this issue.

Also while working on this problem it came to my attention that applecare + wasn't on my phone even though I had paid for it. After 6 hours on the phone with sprint, then applle, then sprint and finally apple I was ALLOWED to repurchase applecare. Really through no fault of mine and no one saw a problem with saying I would be allowed to repurchase.

Really Sprint you can't do better for your customers

• 5. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

I know for a fact that iphones are strange when comes to network selection. My friend that had an Iphone with ATT had the same issue. The solution was turning his WiFi off. Iphone is programmed to use the fastest route, and WiFi is faster then 3G, imessage works fine because uses WiFi automatically, but regular Txt needs to go through the carrier's network.

Try this and maybe it will work for you too.

Post back if this helps

• 6. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    SWTTLC Newbie

I started having problems a few days ago and now I cannot send half the time and I receive repeated messages over and over and over (finally had to just shut my phone off last night so I could sleep).  After talking to sprint for the thrid time yesterday with nothing fixed, I am about to make them let me out of my contract as they cannot provide the service I have contracted for. 

Before I got my iphone i had to make them give me an Airave signal booster because the tower near my home has not worked properly for nearly two years and they continually tell me "we are working on it".  So having a lovely iphone does me absolutely no good at all and now with all these texting problems ..... I am OVER sprints lack of ability to provide the service I signed up for and have been with them for 10+ years!

• 7. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    goldy1989 Newbie

I have also just started having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s.  I received the phone in December and it has been working fine until April 7th.  I had traveled to Wisconsin and only had a 1xRTT connection even though my two other family members on Sprint (with different phones) had no issue getting strong connections.  Now, the only way I can send a text is to put my phone in airplane mode.  Type the text.  Then turn airplane mode off and quickly send the text (before I lose the bandwidth).  At some points I do not even have enough of a connection for phone calls.  I've done the update service.  I've updated my OS.  I've reset my network. I've turned off all apps running in resident memory and have nearly everything turned off at all times.  My next step is to bring it to a Sprint store.  At this point it is a glorified itouch and not really a phone.

• 8. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    PLATINUMBANDIT Regular Visitor

I just recently started having the same problem. I have no problem receiving anyones texts. The problem is with receiving texts. Today alone i didn't receive a total of 12 text messages from just one person. Its getting really annoying since I've everything you all have mentioned. I never had this problem before i had the 5.1 update though. Does anyone have an actual fix for this problem? I called sprint and they started some kind of engineering order or something thats supposed to take anywhere from 24-72 hours to get processed and there is no telling whether the problem is going to be fixed or not.

• 9. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    PhysicsGuru Expert

SWTTLC, It sounds like messages are stuck in your Airave device and the Airave doesn't realize that it as already delivered those message to your iPhone. You should contact our dedicated team that handles troubleshooting for femptocells at 866-556-7310.

• 10. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    PhysicsGuru Expert

PLATINUMBANDIT, it sounds like your phone line has a sms routing issue. I can assist you with that, but I require more information from you before I can troubleshoot. I'm sending you a PM now to discuss this.

• 11. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    PhysicsGuru Expert

It sounds to me that you have a bug in your iOS software. If you haven't already, I recommend you perform an iTunes Restore. You can find directions by clicking here. In my experience, an iTunes restore can fix 90% of the problems you will run into on your iPhone. If an iTunes Restore does not fix this Airplane mode bug and you have AppleCare+ then I recommend you make an appointment at an Apple Store.

• 12. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    JessikaBruce Newbie

My problem is with receiving texts, I don't even know how many I am missing, I just know I am not getting them. Its getting really frustrating. I have been to the sprint store, called multiple times, and rest, updated, restored (from cloud and Itunes). I have only had my phone for a few weeks and ready to toss it. Aslo turned off wifi and imessage. HELP!!

• 13. Re: Is anyone else having issues with text messages on the iphone 4s?
    Madkenz Newbie

Yes I am having problems! My advice, if you are within the trial period, return your Iphone and cancel contract with sprint.

It gets worse!

My Iphone re-sends text messages to my friends at random times! Sometimes in the middle of the night they are getting these texts and getting really ticked about it! Yes, it is resending messages that they have already recieved!! The tech manager at the Sprint store tried to argue with me, that it would only send them if they were not recieved the first time.

Also you will not get 4g service! They told me I would get it, the day I bought my phone. They lied about that to!  Now they tell me no Iphone gets 4g. That is no Iphone using the Sprint Nework!

My internet was fast when I first got it, it has all the updates and is useless now!

I am so disgusted with Sprint!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points