2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2012 9:18 PM by VocoVocas RSS

Is there an App to allow display of HTC EVO VIEW 4G screen to HD TV?

VocoVocas Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I am looking for an app which will display anything that is showing on my HTC EVO VIEW 4G screen on a HD TV.

I was hoping that the "Connected Media" built-in app would do this, but, it is very selective on what it will display.

I have been only able to display about a third of my pics and videos using "Connected Media."

I have not been able to find an app to show EVERYTHING that appears on my HTC EVO VIEW 4G screen on my bigscren HDTV.

Does such an app exist, either in the Android Market or anywhere else?

Thanks for any assistance!

• 1. Re: Is there an App to allow display of HTC EVO VIEW 4G screen to HD TV?
    SA_Viper43 Bronze Expert

I use a MHL Adapter for my EVO 3D and it works perfectly and this will work for your View. Here's a link to one that I use and it's inexpensive. No app needed. You plug your view into the adapter then plug your power cord into another place on the adapter and run a HDMI cord from the adapter to the tv. Alot of cords but it works!

http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=mhl+adapter&x=8&y=8

Here is a YouTube video showing how to make it work, easy peazy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5tJl_a_wcc

• 2. Re: Is there an App to allow display of HTC EVO VIEW 4G screen to HD TV?
    VocoVocas Newbie

Thanks for the quick answer SA_Viper43!   Actually, I already have a version of the MHL adapter cable, but, simply plugging it in as shown

on the YouTube video does not cause the HTC View screen to display on my HDTV.    The key may be in the phrase: "... for any MHL-ready

device."   The fact that the HTC View has a Micro USB port may not mean that it is MHL Ready. 

The setup works with the "Connected Media" installed app, as I said earlier, but, that requires that the file to be transmitted must

already be resident on the HTC View... not a very satisfactory solution... especially since, even then, only certain files will display.   The

other files get a message something like:  "The player cannot handle this file type."

I agree that it should work the way you have explained.   An even better solution would be a WIFI version of the HDMI cable method.

MY HDTV can act as a WIFI node(? terminology?)   Does anyone know if such a WIFI app exists for the HTC View???   

Have any other HTC EVO VIEW 4G owners found a solution for this problem?

Again, thanks in advance for any help provided.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points