This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 6:45 PM by stefeeeee Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 45. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    PhysicsGuru Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

old.macdonald, it sounds to me that your number port didn't complete fully. This happens from time to time and usually the symptoms present themselves as you described. I will require more information to fix this issue. I am sending you a PM right now. Please respond when you see it. -T.

• 46. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    old.macdonald Newbie

Thanks PhysicsGuru........responded.

Scott

• 47. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    TanyaJK Newbie

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue. I have been trying to text different people with different phones and different carriers to see if there was any pattern but it just doesnt seem to work at all. There isnt an issue with the texts that I send but I'm not receiving them, or if I do, it is hours later. I turned off iMessage and it seemed to shorten the delay but I'm still at least two hours behind. Do you have any other suggestions? I really like this phone but will not keep it if this will always be an issue.

• 48. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    toothlessgiant Newbie

I think one of the big issues which not getting text messages has something to do with google voice although it seems like some of the latest users with complaints say they don't use google voice.  To get some organization on this topic lets have a questionaire for any new user posts (and please keep the complaining and threats to return you phone to your self, no one cares). 

1. What phone are you using?  (This topic is for iphone 4s users)

2. Do you use google voice/have a google number?

3a. For those of you have don't use google voice have you ever had an android phone?

3b. Do you have a google account?  (I would check that just to make sure you don't have google voice)

4. For those of you who do have a google voice number are you using two separate numbers or do you have your sprint number integrated with google voice?

5. Are the missing text messages being sent to your google voice number or your sprint number integrated with google voice?

I used to not recieve some text messages but realized that there was some separation between the sprint google voice integration and the iphone 4s.  I didn't do enough testing.  I enabled my sprint number to be integrated into google voice and am unsure if the missing text messages were sent to my sprint number or my old google voice number.  I just disabled the google voice integration with my sprint number and I have had 0 missing texts (althose those missing text from before were in my google voice account/app).  So if you fall under this issue, either disable google voice or use the google voice app as your main dialier and it will include all your messages as well. 

• 49. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    PhysicsGuru Expert

TanyaJK, I sent you a PM with some additional information. Once you have review this, please reply so I can get this working for you. -T.

• 50. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    PhysicsGuru Expert

toothlessgiant, I am a power google voice user and am a little disappointed with the compatibility between the iPhone and GV. It sounds like your setup is identical to mine. I use the GV app exclusively for calling and messaging. Good job figuring out that you cannot use the Sprint-GV integration with the iPhone. Unfortunately, it seems all the GV talk seems to confuse many nonGV users here in this thread. -T.

• 51. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    ROSSKINGII_01234 Newbie

Ported a Verizon cell # 8 Years Ago

Did not use Txt messaging till about 1 year ago and had goolge voice integrated on Evo

Purchase Iphone, They could not activate so they did somthing online that broke google voice but did not de-activate on my side

I phone activated

Unable to Send or recive TXT messages, I de-activated Google Voice and reset my phone.

Still unable to text, Determined Iphone is not compatible with AirRave, Turned off air rave.

Now I can text no problem, However I can not receive TXT for T-Mobile or Verizon

ATT - OK

Gateway Txt (ie Amazon, UPS) - OK

Sprint - OK

Verizon - No response, Can sent to

Tmobile - No response, Can sent to

I have spent 4hrs on the phoen with 9 different reps and mangers, All have no idea what is wrong. I have been prommised since Monday 2 call back from 2nd level network people who have not called and when I call back to check there is no record.

They have Dropped TXT from my account 3-4 times and re-applied, I have dialed ##UPDATE# like 30 times.

I just need TXT to work like normal, Please Help

• 52. Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    PhysicsGuru Expert

I can help you with that. I will reach you with the number you have provided for me.

• 53. Re: Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    sprintextreme Newbie

I'm having an issue like that too. I recently upgrdaded my phone from Evo 3D to Galaxy S2, and since then I cannot receive sms from any verizon user. Confirmed that it's only verizion as sprint and AT&T sms goes thru. My sms goes out fine, and my friends on Verizion get my messages, but when they respond, I never get it.

I'm using Google Voice too, and I integrated withit. Already called Sprint, but so far nothing.

• 54. Re: Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    old.macdonald Newbie

Just wanted to post an update to my post from February 15th.  PhysicsGuru was a great help and provided me outstanding customer service. It appears my problem was with the third party that Sprint contracts with to route SMS meesgaes from other carriers. Once they were able to get them to update their servers everything began working as it should.  In total it took about 1 week to get it resolved.  Hope others have the same success.  Once again, PhysicsGuru was really helpful.

Scott

• 55. Re: Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    ROSSKINGII_01234 Newbie

Just wanted to also send an update, PhysicsGuru contacted me.

PhysicsGuru was a great help and provided me outstanding customer service. It appears my problem was lso with the third party that Sprint contracts with to route SMS messages from other carriers. Once they were able to get them to update their servers everything began working as it should. In total it took about 1 week to get it resolved. Hope others have the same success. Once again, PhysicsGuru was really helpful.

Now if I could only get a Cell tower in my neigborhood I would ahve a fully working phone at home. The Iphone 4s doesnt work with AirRave's Pico Cell and Sprint and Airvana so far dont seem to have a clue on how to solve.

But I guess service to fix Sprint broken upgrades doesnt come free as I was charged a $36 fee to add the IPhoen to my plan in exchange for my old phone. Gotta love the nickle and diming.

• 56. Re: Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    candystars84 Newbie

I have this same problem. After I seen this possible solution I contacted customer service for the 4th time in hopes to get this problem fixed. The lady ignored me. They wouldn’t even accept that it is a possible solution. She just wanted to create a ticket for my area and troubleshoot my phone, which I have done numerous times now with no success. She also told me that everyone on the forums is making this solution up. She has never heard of it so it is not a solution. I am really annoyed and disappointed in sprint.

• 57. Re: Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    capkranch Newbie

Have had my iPhone for 9 months & never any problems.  Since yesterday, I can't send OR reply to any texts!!  HELP

• 58. Re: Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    capkranch Newbie

Why in the **** would I want to signup up for Google?  I have hotmail & IE and never have a problem

• 59. Re: Not Receiving Text Messages on New Iphone 4S
    ThaFatz Newbie

I ported my number from t-mobile and I am getting no text messages only from myslef

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...