This discussion is archived
1 2 3 8 Previous Next 110 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2012 2:56 PM by WENZEL88 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

sprint nascar mobile

grimtomb1 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

i am truly upset that sprint has taken away the Nascar Mobile away from phones that are not Android based.  I have a Blackberry Curve and when i went on the app this morning i found out i can no longer access the app, plus when i went on to Nascar.com site and tried to download the shortcut for the website to my Blackberry, i get an error message stating that the link is no longer valid.  Has anyone else had this problem, and when u are not eligible for an upgrade for awhile, what r u to do.  if Sprint, who is the sponser for NASCAR is not going to have the app for all smartphones, what is the point for them to carry those phones.

• 1. sprint nascar mobile
    Jason3914 Newbie

I just upgraded to a smartphone. Got an iPhone. As a race fan I was disappointed to learn that I don't get any of the NASCAR features Sprint offers Androids.

• 2. sprint nascar mobile

have u contacted them about this and if so did they reply and give u a reason for taking everyone who does not have an android out of the equation

• 3. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    Sprint Employee

We do have some conflicting info posted so I am verifying how it will be going forward. I will update post after I receive a reply

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Thanks for using the forums!         To see the status of upgrades in your area go to https://network.sprint.com/

• 4. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    Sprint Employee

Here is the information - I did not get any answers on why the other devices were decommissioned

• NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile application is being decommissioned on several phones on 02/17/2012
    • Application will now only be available on Android devices 2.2 or newer
    • No longer available on
    • CDMA Java (feature phones)
    • iDEN Java (feature phones)
    • BlackBerry
    • Window devices
    • Palm devices

Larry

• 5. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    mad45320 Regular Visitor

This is ****! Sprint has broken the contract then! The only reason I went with SPRINT is to get NASCAR Mobile! I am paying though the nose for two smart phones that are all of a sudden STUPID phones!

• 6. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    Sprint Employee

Sprint will have the iPhone NASCAR app later in 2012 - I received an update on this today.

• 7. sprint nascar mobile
    JJ48Fan4ever Newbie

I too, am VERY upset. I bought my Blackberry a little over a year ago with the specific intent of using Sprint Cup Mobile during work to watch practices and qualifying. Now they are going to force me to buy an Android phone?   That's BS. I am NOT a happy Sprint customer right now.

• 8. sprint nascar mobile
    mad45320 Regular Visitor

JJ48Fan4ever, I have talked to two different managers at Sprint, and they frankly do not care that people like us bought smart phones through them for this app, even though one year ago they were doing HEAVY advertisement for it, I think there are going to be many more just like us, that are tired of beign burnt. They may have us under contract for now...... let's see what the future will hold, I know one thing for sure, I will never sign up with them again. They are definetly treating good customers poorly.

• 9. sprint nascar mobile
    jnsr Regular Visitor

I too went to sprint just to have the nascar sprint cup mobile. I'm a major, major nascar fan. When I couldn't get it yesterday I was very upset. 4 hours on the phone, 11 different people and only 2 knew about the app not working on anything but android phones.

Call and have them put you through to the Escalation Team. You might be able to get something done that way. Maybe not. They want you to buy new phones to get the app and they don't care if you're angry. But the person I talked to on the escalation team was very nice and did try to work with me. He was number 11 in the line of people I talked to. He didn't know about the app stuff not working either.  I will not be resigning with sprint, nascar or not, when my contract is up in November.

I found out you can get an early upgrade......for 95 bucks.....

I can't believe that no one at customer service knew about this debacle with the nascar app. And the two who did said it's nascar's fault. Doesn't suprise me that they would say that. And I think it's really crappy that they didn't give anyone any advanced notice about it. And I think it's really crappy that they aren't trying to give people a break with their phones.

• 10. sprint nascar mobile
    mad45320 Regular Visitor

I have a sneaking feeling with Speed Week coming up next week, that this thread is going to be full of upset customers, Sprint sold a lot of phones based on the NASCAR app, and they act like "we" the customer was getting that for free anyhow, and they are trying to treat it like just a normal app. I am very upset about this, I got no where with there customer service yesterday, and I was actually insulted by two of the managers! Just going to sit back and watch this thread grow.

• 11. sprint nascar mobile
    jnsr Regular Visitor

You are so right about how they think we shouldn't be upset because we're getting it for free. I was told the same darn thing. I was fit to be tied yesterday. Like I said earlier, 4 hours and 11 different people. Unbelievable. I even tried the breaking the contract thing with them, but they didn't buy that. Said the nascarapp isn't part of the contract.

Most of the people I talked to were nice, though uninformed. A couple of times, I was disconnected.....hmmmmm....how convenient.

mad45320, being insulted by the managers is unacceptable. You should call and have them put you through to the escalation team. That is totally bogus that they were like that to you. The jerks.

I hope this thread grows and grows and grows.

When my old phone company went with Verizon 4 yrs ago and dropped the nascar app, that's when I changed to sprint. Just for the app. They don't relate or care. I hope lot's of people drop them. Am wondering if you can get the app through different phone companies and pay for it. Would be willing to pay for it since I'm dropping sprint when my contract is up.

• 12. sprint nascar mobile

i had sent an email to sprint here on this sight when i first found out about this situation.  i rec'd an email back and was told to contact technical support.  the gentleman i talked to was real helpful in trying to figure this out.  everyone is correct in the fact no one in cust. support even knows about the app not working except for the android.  The tech guy did some research and informed me that as of today it only works for Android, but he told me to email dan@sprint.com and explain the situation and wait for a reply,  i am now waiting to find out what they say.

• 13. sprint nascar mobile

to all reading this.  the lady i am talking to on the phone right now states that i am the 1st person who has brought this up, go and email dan@sprint.com.  this is the president of sprints customer feedback email.  let them know that you are not happy about this and voice your concerns.  if enough people do this maybe we can get them to change.  let your fellow race fans and friends who are affected by this know. Let's get this started.

• 14. sprint nascar mobile
    mad45320 Regular Visitor

Will do grimtomb1, let's see if we can get ole' Dan to reply! :-)

1 2 3 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points