This discussion is archived
1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 125 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 11:53 PM by jwbarnes Go to original post RSS
  • 105. not receiving texts since 2/1
    Shane_M Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

Denny_D,

I know I followed up with a few people that I was working with directly this morning and confirmed that the issue is resolved.

• 106. not receiving texts since 2/1
    Denny_D Silver Expert

Okay,

Thank you Shane for all your help.

DD

• 107. not receiving texts since 2/1
    Merinda4002 Regular Visitor

Our phones seem to be working fine finally for now too.  Thanks to everyone who continued to call and continued to post on this thread and others. Hard telling how long it would have been if not.  Still not happy at all with how we were treated by several customer service members from Sprint.  Even last night, one Supervisor called and told me to tell my husband that because he had reached out to a "higher up" that he considered it out of his hands and would not be following up with him like he promised Tuesday night to do last night.  Why even bother calling?

• 108. not receiving texts since 2/1
    Denny_D Silver Expert

Merinda4002 wrote:

Our phones seem to be working fine finally for now too.  Thanks to everyone who continued to call and continued to post on this thread and others. Hard telling how long it would have been if not.  Still not happy at all with how we were treated by several customer service members from Sprint.  Even last night, one Supervisor called and told me to tell my husband that because he had reached out to a "higher up" that he considered it out of his hands and would not be following up with him like he promised Tuesday night to do last night.  Why even bother calling?

Hello, my name is Denny, I am a Sprint Advocate. I really don't appreciate the fact that a supervisor would call and say something like that. If you have the person's name, I would appreciate if you would send it to me in a PM.

Thank you,

Denny

• 109. not receiving texts since 2/1
    LADIVACRJ Regular Visitor

I am back up and running, YAY!!!

• 110. not receiving texts since 2/1
    kdrae11 Newbie

Hi, I just purchased a new Motorolla Photon last weekend and since thenm the texts that I do receive from my boyfriend, who is on at&t and uses an iPhone 4, don't appear until days after being sent.  We are both at home testing it now and it's still not working.  I'm not sure who else I am missing them from but it seems like people are having the same problem on all types of phones on the sprint network.  My area code is 48116.  Please help or I will have to switch carriers as I am still in my trial period.  Thanks.

• 111. Re: not receiving texts since 2/1
    JulitoD Regular Visitor

Same here in 80004

No incoming texts whatsoever !!

• 112. Re: not receiving texts since 2/1
    LUCKYDINO Newbie

I am also unable to receive texts half the time, and calls or voicemails. It started about a month ago, and now I only get messages when I'm in my town. If I go anywhere around 42129, it takes forever to receive them. Please help.

• 113. Re: not receiving texts since 2/1
    oceandave1 Regular Visitor

Just wondering if this problem has been resolved for others. I'm not receiving texts from Verizon or T Mobile phones. I'm located in North Olmsted, Ohio. This has been going on since 3/19 for me. I called Sprint on 3/22 went through the battery pull with the tech. She tells me to go to the sprint store there is nothing she can do. They call back on Friday with a survey about my experience. Being dissatisfied I get transferred to the same tech who sounds irritated and tells me I should go to the Sprint store.

I go to the Sprint store today and I'm told it's a known issue and I have to call tech support and that the only reolution was to change my phone number.

Back to tech support after the store visit and a ticket was opened. If I change anything I'll be changing carriers before I change my number.

• 114. Re: not receiving texts since 2/1
    techsavvy101 Sprint Employee

oceandave1, I understand what an inconvenience that this can be. I have seen it resolved by creating network tickets. Are you saying that another eticket (referral to store) was created today or was a CTMS/network ticket created?

• 115. Re: not receiving texts since 2/1

techsavvy,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes a network ticket was opened. Just frustrating that the phone support was not able to handle it better.Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I depend on text messaging for work quite a bit.

• 116. Re: not receiving texts since 2/1
    techsavvy101 Sprint Employee

No problem, I text more than I talk, so I definitely understand. The ETR for network tickets is usually 72 hours. With it being the weekend your ticket may be worked on Monday. Please feel free to private message me if you wish to check the status of the ticket. Usually the ticket group leaves contact information as well.

• 117. Re: not receiving texts since 2/1

techsavvy,

PM sent with the ticket number. After looking at the forums this morning, this looks to be quite a common issue.

For others with this problem, I've been having my close contacts SMS my Google Voice number for now. No issues with Verizon or TMobile users. My Google Voice number is different from my Sprint number.

• 118. Re: not receiving texts since 2/1
    jwbarnes Newbie

I am having this issue in Cleveland zipcode 44115.  I am 99% sure I am going to leave Sprint.  I had this same issue back in December and it took 2 months to fully resolve, I don't have the patience for that again. I called tech support and I can only "refresh" my phone so many times which is never the solution to this problem.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points