This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 10:15 AM by fireguy_6364 RSS

Updating software

penelopie01 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Everytime I try to check for software updates, it gets stuck on checking.  I am on an old software program so I know that I need to update but I need to know how to do it from my PC.  I don't understand why my phone isn't telling me that I need updates

• 1. Updating software
    Mr.Sprintastic Sprint Employee

penelopie01,

There is no way to update the software from your PC to your HTC EVO.  You will need to perform the update from Menu > Settings > System Updates > HTC software update > check now. 4.67.651.3 is the current version.  You can verify what version your on by going to Menu > Settings > About phone > Software information.

I would highly recommend that you are connected to either Wifi or 4g service when checking and installing the update.  This should take care of the getting stuck part that you are experiencing.  

Thanks,

-Ron

• 2. Updating software
    penelopie01 Newbie

I do not have 4G in my area but I have tried it though Wi-fi.  It just sits there and says checking but never finds anything.  I have let it sit there, walk away from it, do other things and come back to the same thing.

• 3. Updating software
    fireguy_6364 Master

power cycle your phone.(pull the battery for at least 2 minutes, hold down the power button for a few seconds, put battery back in and power up) and then try to search for the updates.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points