This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 11:52 PM by kaibiti916 RSS

Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed

Matt-Shocker Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

OK, looks like I have the same problem as others with the Airave and the Epic Touch.  I was fortunate enough to be able to upgrade my phones (thanks Sprint!) but I'm having issues now.  While connected to my Airave, text messages fail to send.  I've tried updating the profile, PRL, rebooting, etc with no luck.  As soon as I unplug the Airave then the text messages will send again. 

If I plug the Airave back in and let it complete it's power on cycle, the text messages will continue to work however eventually they stop working again.  This problem is occuring on both of my new Epic Touch phones but it did not happen on my old Intercepts.  I have the newer Airave.  I just sent a message to support but I guess I will probably have to call and speak with a tech.  Has anybody with this issue get it resolved or am I going to have to stop using my Airave?

Thanks,

Matt

• 1. Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed
    WilliamSheridanJr Regular Visitor

I spent about 4 hours myself on with txt support last night, both sprint and airave support, only to find I'm still having the problems. As always first things they had me do also is hard reset after a soft reboot. First off, does that ever fix a problem? It just ****** me off that I lose everything. Anyway after multiple reboots and profile updates it came back when updating profile while airave is unplugged, then plugging it back in. But overnight it stopped working again. Additionally, not only do I get text send errors, but I get repeats of any texts that come in, about every 20 minutes or so, so I get about 100 texts and can't reply to anything. They now suggested that it's a software issue and i get a new phone since I'm in the 14 day warranty period. Also, as with you, the phone worksmperfectly while roaming or on regular network. It's only with the airave. This makes me mad as he'll as it's an awesome phone.

William Sheridan

• 2. Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed

Yeah, it sounds like the same thing I'm experienceing.  With the Airave, I can not send texts.  As soon as I unplug the Airave, I get a boat load of duplicate texts.  When I plug the Airave back in it works for a short while but then stops working again.  Same problem on both new SII phones but didn't have any problems with my old piece of sh** Intercepts.

• 3. Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed
    lilgeekygirl Bronze Expert

matt-shocket, Text messaging with the airave is a known issue, currently the issue is being investigated and we are waiting for a new software version to be released to correct the issue. Some customers have been able to correct the issue or minimize the issue by resetting the airave. To do look at the back of the Airave you will see a small reset hole using a paperclip or something similiar press the reset botton for about 15 sec and release.

• 4. Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed
    tazz5150 Valued Member

I reset my airave last night and I still cannot send any text messages. I can send text messages when I am away from home.

• 5. Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed

I cant totally confirm this yet, but so far here is what works for me. I reboot the phone and reset the airave. Now while the airave is rebooting, update your profile and turn off your wifi. When you reconnect to the airave, you should be fine. Also it may help to get on to a regular network and test your texting first, then come back to the airave area with wifi off. So far for me, WIFI is the culprit I think. Its like once it gets data from wifi, it cant establish SMS or data from airave again. Anyway, been working for a few hours so far this way...

• 6. Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed

Hopefull the fix comes soon and hopefully sprint updates us as to when the fix is getting applied.

• 7. Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed

Well after a full day and night around my Airave, I can confirm that turning off wifi has definitely helped. Also, surprisingly, I noticed less battery drain through the night. I was used to going to bed fully charged and waking with 20 percent drained. This time when in awoke there was no noticeable drain, 95 percent or more still full. I hate downloading aps or web pages with wifi off, but if it let's me use the airave fully I'll have to deal with it. I hope they fix it as it is clearly a wifi issue. A shame since the wifi is so ****** fast and works great. I was able to download 8 MB in 2 seconds using the full dl speeds of my Internet.... Hope this temp fix helps you

• 8. Re: Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed
    JLG058 Valued Member

Count me as an Epic 4G Touch owner with the Airvana Airave who has issues sending messages.  I have to reset my Airave several times an evening.  I'm going to try the WiFi off trick that you mention William, and watch this thread in the hopes that Sprint updates with a fix. 

• 9. Re: Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed

Call it a coincidence or maybe I'm just lucky...  I sent support an email and a rep called me.  I was at work at the time and never returned the call but...  Ever since then both my phones have been working correctly when connected to the Airave...  Knock on wood!  It has been working for a couple of days regardless of Wifi or 4G being enabled.  Hope this continues as I love this phone.

• 10. Re: Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed

Just an update...  I have had no further issues regarding my Airave and text messages.

• 11. Re: Airave & New Galaxy SII Epic Touch - TXT Message Failed
    kaibiti916 Regular Visitor

I am having the same problems with my Epic touch. Called Tech support, they had the sprint store exchange my phone, reboot both phone and airave multiple times with Wifi off, still not solved. They have created and a ticket and said a supervisor is going to call me within 24-48 hours.

Any body able to get this fixed. I came from original epic and didnt have any of this problem. FYI, my wife also has a epic touch which she got 6 months before me and she doesnt have any of this issue.

Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...