This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 5:11 PM by techsavvy101 RSS

not happy - have been here for around 12 years

amsler72 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I know you (Sprint) are used to hearing people on here slamming you for multiple reasons all the time, but the way the data service will just drop for a week or more at a time is unacceptable, as is the spotty 3G coverage (which according to your coverage map shouldn't be that way in these areas). I have 1 year left on my contract, have been a customer for I'll guess 12 years now. I want to leave my contract without the early termination fee. I should not be forced to pay a 10.00 a month fee for a service that cannot be accessed and is being taken off line, even if it is being replaced by an LTE network within 2 years (by then everyone else will be working on moving to 5G I'm guessing). No other carrier charges a premium for supposedly faster service.

I'd like a Sprint rep to respond.

I'm done. I want out.

• 1. not happy - have been here for around 12 years
    techsavvy101 Sprint Employee

amsler72, what zip code are you experiencing issues with data? I can check for any reported network outages. Is it just your phone or are other users having the same issue. I can also let you know that the 10.00 premium data charge is not for 4g. We appreciate your long time business with Sprint and don't want to see you go. If needed, please feel free to send me a private message if there is anything that we can do to make you reconsider.

• 2. not happy - have been here for around 12 years
    mark7723 Newbie

I agree the data speeds are way too slow. I left at&T for them worst mistake of my life. I am now thinking about going with another carrier because of this. My iphone is way to slow to even use youtube or download anything. All i can say is thank you sprint for nothing

• 3. not happy - have been here for around 12 years
    ChrisEVO3D11 Newbie

I have to agree with amsler72.  Ive been around for years (8 or 9) and this year has been horrible on actual phone service.  Though I am overall happy with Sprint, I just expect more from a company who does in many ways beat out the competition.

As for your statement that the $10.00 premium data fee is not for 4g, you might want to talk to all of the other reps who say otherwise.  Im paying for a 4G service that I cannot access unless I am in a city like NYC or SF.  If the $10 fee is not for 4G, why am I paying that fee?  My plan includes all of the data I need.  Just thoughts...

• 4. not happy - have been here for around 12 years
    techsavvy101 Sprint Employee

When first introduced, some of our reps were giving misinformation that the fee was for 4g. This has been corrected, so if you are still being informed that it is for 4g, I do apologize. It is for downloading, streaming and watching HD movies, launching and running apps faster, video chat, and other great features of the smartphone.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...