This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2012 11:16 AM by shanereadynow RSS

TEP rip off

nunziocal Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Last year, my local Sprint repair center replaced my Blackberry glass, after I broke it, no charge. Later the phone refused to work, kept rebooting, the same repair center replaced it with a new one, on the spot, no charge. Last week I brought my wife's EVO 3D in because the soft keys quit working. The phone is 7 months old. They told me it was not repairable and that I must file a claim and pay the 100 dollar deductible. We rely on the Sprint phones, since we cut the land line out long ago, so I had to have her phone replaced immediately. I filed the claim and received the new phone (paid the 100 bucks). We have talked to many friends who tell us they have had phones that were severely damaged, replaced at no charge by Sprint repair centers. Why do I have to pay the deductible in the case of my wife's EVO 3D????  The conclusion I have come to is that if the repair center happens to have your model in stock, they will trade it out at no charge. If not in stock, you will have to file the claim. This is absolutely unfair, and illegal. Sprint rep refuses to credit me anything, even when I asked them to meet me half way, no consideration at all. I used to believe Sprint/Nextel was one of the last companies in the world who treated their customers fairly but now they are on the list of corporate money suckers who only want to grab every dollar they can. You're blowing it Sprint.

• 1. TEP rip off
    Dennis_Midkiff Sprint Employee

Is there any physical/liquid damage to the phone as well? Which location did you visit?

• 2. TEP rip off

Yes, the trim is loose on one corner, due to it being dropped several months ago. But my Blackberry glass was shattered and was replaced on site. The Blackberry was seviced in Lombard, Illinois, store is no longer there. The EVO 3D was brought into Addison Il location on Lake street. Wow, surprise....I googled the repair centers to refresh my memory on where I brought it, and find a web site ..."Complaint Board"....about poor Sprint customer service. You guys used to be so good. What a shame.

• 3. TEP rip off
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Sorry for the frustration

We have talked to many friends who tell us they have had phones that were severely damaged, replaced at no charge by Sprint repair centers. Why do I have to pay the deductible in the case of my wife's EVO 3D????

This is a question I can not answer for you.  the service tech at the store examines the device and they should have informed you of what was wrong the prevent the repair of replacement.   If there was water damage in the device the mother board was broken would be two reason and by no means all the reason why the device could not be repaired in store.

When a phone is brought into a service center we make every effort to repair the device.  If it cannot be repaired a remanufactured device is  ordered to replace it.    Normally repair centers do not have devices in store to do a replacement with.   Stores order phones every day as replacements what determines  whether the store will order a device or if The replacement is done through Asurion is what is found when the technician inspects the device

• 4. TEP rip off

"...... Later the phone refused to work, kept rebooting, the same repair center replaced it with a new one, on the spot, no charge. "

The repair center REPLACED the Blackberry on site.

They did not replace the Evo, making me pay 100 dollars.

THIS IS THE ISSUE.

THIS IS THE UNFAIR, RANDOM ACT THAT I AM QUESTIONING.

• 5. Re: TEP rip off
    mctrick12 Newbie

I think it is the condition of your phone actually. I undserstand you had them replace a smashed up blackberry, which may have just been at the decision of the particular associate at that store. However,  I had an issue where my screen went out, they replaced the screen no problem, then a year later the charger port stopped working they forced me to file a claim. I have an evo 4g and evo 3d. The soft keys just went out on my 3D, I called sprint the guy told me he would repair it no problem as long as my phone is not damaged, like smased up. Im wonder if the pealing of the corner you said was near the soft keys. FYI, HTC WILL REPAIR YOUR PHONE FOR FREE IF IT IS UNDER WARRENTY FROM HTC STILL ( unless it is water damage or really smashed up). TEP will replace or repair your phone. IM not calling you a liar in anyway but maybe where the damamge on the phone was worse than explained as of course we cant see pictures of it unless you post it. also, 100 bux for a replacement phone is not bad considering its a 600.00 PHONE purchased out of contract.

UPDATE-

I took my phone to Sprint Repair store, they could not fix the issue so they replaced the phone. Well i have to wait 5 days the guy said for it to arrive but, yeah they replaced it no questions asked. My guess is that your Wifes Evo was probaly to damaged for them to honor a replacement.

• 6. Re: TEP rip off
    shanereadynow Newbie

After reading over this theres some things i wanna point out. The phone that the service and repair center gave to you very well may have been a rebuilt phone they did themselves (not sprint re-manufactured and thus may not have even had a warranty on it) Its sprint service and repair policy like 14knight said to fix the phone for any manufacturers defects, instead of you sending it to BB or HTC to go through the warranty and making you go without a phone for a week or 2. Lost/damaged, Water damage, or broken beyond repair all fall under the TEP insurance which is through the company asurion............. not sprint. Its just like car insurance, you get into a car accident whether its your fault or not, you gotta pay a deductible through the insurance. Most service and repair centers will take care of whatever they can with a phone but they cant fix everything and when they cant the only alternative is insurance. But its asurion charging you those deductibles, not sprint

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points